Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Problem with white line on bottom of long skirt
Celendra_S1
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2024 3:47:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi all. I have a problem with a skirt I made (see picture).
There is a faint white line around the bottom of the long skirt mesh, where there is no skirt.
There are no actual white pixels there.

Skirt is on Long Skirt/Clothing, the connector piece between top and skirt is on Long Skirt/Skin/Clothing.

I have a *very* thin line of red and black skirt material on the very bottom of the template to solve the problem of the white line around the waist, but I've got this white line on the bottom and it isnt from that.

I feel like I've run into this before WAY back in the past but I can't remember what the issue was or how I resolved it.

Any ideas why?

Celendra_S1
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2024 6:22:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Update: I think I fixed it. It WAS the thin line on the bottom of the long skirt. I removed that and the problem seems to be gone.
1 user thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
Pytch on 4/22/2024(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 4:15:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Celendra_S1;1703846 wrote:
Update: I think I fixed it. It WAS the thin line on the bottom of the long skirt. I removed that and the problem seems to be gone.

Glad you were able to figure it out and fix. I actually have a couple of outfits that have ghost lines in them. I thought it was just a glitch but nope it's there for good so I just don't wear them.
Celendra_S1
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 4:56:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yah ghost lines suck and you have to watch for them when building the outfit. This one was thin enough that at first I didn't see it.

What happened was that I put the fix for the white-line-around-waist issue on the wrong outfit part.

For those playing along at home who don't know what the hell I am talking about LOL:

Often instead of a smooth texture from top to bottom, dresses will have a white line around the waist where there is no color. I hate that LOL.
The fix for this is usually to run a VERY thin line of the skirt color at the VERY bottom of the "connector" texture that covers between the top and the waist of the actual skirt. This texture goes on the skirt/skin/clothing layer and will fill in the gap at the waist.

At first glance this doesn't seem to make any sense, but if you think of each texture not as a 2D flat plane, but as a very flat 3D box instead it actually does.
The thin line at the bottom will actually wrap up and around the top, filling in that white line at the waist.

You know you have made this line too thick if you see the outfit color on your toes without your shoes on.

With this skirt I had put the gap-fix line on the bottom of the actual skirt on the skirt/clothing layer, not on the connector piece that goes on skirt/skin/clothing. Thats what gave me the crap at the bottom LOL.

Anything on the bridal veil texture (like hair) is also prone to getting ghost lines at the bottom. I don't make much hair (not my thing, really) but as I recall the fix for that is to remove a VERY thin line of color at the TOP of the veil texture. That removes the ghost line at the bottom. That 3D wrapping around thing again ... lol.

Ah, the quirks of the RLC clothing system.....

Hope this helps someone fighting with both lines and gaps.

Cel
4 users thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 4/22/2024(UTC), ASultryWmn on 4/22/2024(UTC), Pytch on 4/22/2024(UTC), CinnamonSugar2 on 4/23/2024(UTC)