Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Thank you very much
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 11:15:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Once again there are postings and answers to the pros and cons regarding the benefits of the swag bag elsewhere in the forum. This swag bag is no different to previous ones. Looking at it, I feel a little reminded of the egocentric and sarcastic weatherman Phil Connors from Groundhog Day.

If I've noticed this correctly alongside my real work, the Swag Bag has been open since the first of March for you to pick up this or that gift of any kind. Please correct me if this is wrong.

So far so good, or should I perhaps say, so far so bad? 20 answers on how a swag bag should be used. Okay, and where can you actually find 20 answers that thank all, really all donors for their donations in the swag bag? Criticism can and must be voiced, no question about it. This forum is there to have a controversial discussion about this or that point.

In my opinion, however, it should also be used by the community, by everyone, to say thank you. Yesterday I went shopping at my favourite butcher. A mother and her young son, also a regular customer of the butcher's, were standing in front of me.

At the end of her purchase, the little boy was given a slice of Bärchenwurst (a sausage specially made for children with the face of a little bear) by the shop assistant with warm words.

The little boy smiled, said thank you kindly but also a little hastily and ate the slice of sausage.

His mum then pushed him and said to him: "Hey, you can do better than that." The boy blushed and repeated his thanks, now with the words: "Thank you very much." We are all familiar with scenes like this, either from our own experience or having witnessed them elsewhere. Do we learn a lesson from this?

Can we say thank you? I can only speak for myself.

Thank you to all the donors of your gifts from the current Swag Bag! And when I say all donors, I mean all donors, no matter what they donated. That also includes RLC/UV. Thank you for all the layouts, properties, clothing and whatever else was donated.

And now I'm curious to see if there will be 20 responses here in three days.

Stay healthy everyone, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
9 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
ByPerseus_Design on 3/9/2024(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/9/2024(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 3/9/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 3/9/2024(UTC), DarkLadyJADE on 3/9/2024(UTC), Scr_karenWFF_KMT on 3/10/2024(UTC), caring_D on 3/11/2024(UTC), piratespam on 3/11/2024(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 4/18/2024(UTC)
BB_Licious
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2024 6:57:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Diving is right..

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the Swag Bag..

With the Swag Bag coming available with regularity, it's easy to get into a routine and forget to give thanks for it.

I'm especially grateful that UV gives us the lifetime rent-free properties that they do. Thank you!
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

6 users thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/9/2024(UTC), DarkLadyJADE on 3/9/2024(UTC), ByPerseus_Design on 3/10/2024(UTC), Scr_karenWFF_KMT on 3/10/2024(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/10/2024(UTC), caring_D on 3/11/2024(UTC)
caring_D
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2024 5:27:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

wow, that's impressive, impressively bad. I didn't think it would be that bad. So my wife was absolutely right in her assumption, I have to say, whether I like it or not.

Hundreds of users help themselves to this swag bag like many others before it, and all the donors get in return is criticism? Seriously? Nope guys, really now, that can't be it!!!

Are the honourable BB_Licious, my wife and I the last remaining dinosaurs of a dying species who still remember what we were taught by our parents?

I've always thought that an online game like this is a more or less good mirror of society. But if the reflection I'm seeing now is true, then I don't want to see it any longer. Because all I see is a collection of crows that eagerly pick up every chunk thrown at them and then fly away again. At best, they then shit on the head of the donor of the chunks of bread. Yikes!

And so that I am not just admonishing and horrified, I would at least like to express my thanks here. And this thanks goes to all donors without exception, no matter what they have donated.

Because what is given is expensive and well-deserved free time. All the clothing designers, decorators, dance teams, DJs and whoever else donates services spend their own free time on it. Everyone should think for themselves about what it would mean for them personally to give up some of their free time in favour of others, mostly unknown people.

With this in mind, kind regards,

caringD
Διαιτήμασί τε χρήσομαι ἐπ' ὠφελείῃ καμνόντων κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμὴν, ἐπὶ δηλήσει δὲ καὶ ἀδικίῃ εἴρξειν.
2 users thanked caring_D for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/11/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 4/17/2024(UTC)
King_of_South
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2024 12:28:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I did thank by mail to those donnors from which I took gift layouts. If I missed someone, think here some honest apology will do. But, thank to all those who spent their time end efforts to create all gifts , offered in march garden gift banner. We all should do, just a small sign of appreciation...
3 users thanked King_of_South for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 4/17/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 4/17/2024(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 4/17/2024(UTC)