Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Swag Bag Used as Just an Ad?
EMP_Reldra_CNV
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2024 2:23:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Good Evening,

I was under the impression the swag bag was for coupons and free items. There is one designer that, every time, has just linked to her showroom or layout. In a few=this time- it notes a discount on a type of layout though not exactly the layout shown- but entries have been added that have no discount, just a link and they aren't free.

This designer is taking up less room than the last swag, but this should be clarified. It shouldNN't just be 'LOOK AT MY LAYOUT SHOWROOM'.

tySmile
Kendrick
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2024 2:44:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Can you create a ticket with the details so we can investigate please?
KendrickT

Utherverse World Operations
worldops@utherverse.com
EMP_Reldra_CNV
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2024 3:06:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kendrick Go to Quoted Post
Can you create a ticket with the details so we can investigate please?

Sure. Though you have access to the swag bag...I can take time out to do that.

edit:

Wait, no. I'm not gonna do that. I don't work here. That is your job. It is easy to find and look at.

If you want to hire me, I am available.

Thank you
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2024 4:50:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Swag bags have been used for advertising almost since the beginning. A lot of people put coupons in there. Others donate the same layout over and over again. Many years ago the idea of putting a layout in the swag bag was a way for decorators to advertise. Everyone looks at the swag bag differently. I once had someone say I was horrible person and only donate unfinished layouts because I was talking about donating one shell. When given the chance to check her facts that were on the same post, she doubled down on her ignorance. So some people use the swag bag as a way to try create drama.
2 users thanked MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/6/2024(UTC), EMP_Reldra_CNV on 3/7/2024(UTC)
DarkLadyJADE
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2024 9:53:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I see who Reldra meant, and I see the person put those under the correct type of gift.

But then I wonder of why and what the gift means and who does legit honor them or not. But then since they are free, then no harm is done.

But Utherverse should be reviewing these gifts regardless. Make sure no one is scammed.

And for drama, I say let be drama free about it.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
EMP_Reldra_CNV
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 8:06:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV Go to Quoted Post
Swag bags have been used for advertising almost since the beginning. A lot of people put coupons in there. Others donate the same layout over and over again. Many years ago the idea of putting a layout in the swag bag was a way for decorators to advertise. Everyone looks at the swag bag differently. I once had someone say I was horrible person and only donate unfinished layouts because I was talking about donating one shell. When given the chance to check her facts that were on the same post, she doubled down on her ignorance. So some people use the swag bag as a way to try create drama.

Finished, unfinished, same. They are still free. People offereing coupons, still a coupon. Swag MEANS you are being enriched in some way. Not merely being plied with an ad to buy something full price.
EMP_Reldra_CNV
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 8:08:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: DarkLadyJADE Go to Quoted Post
I see who Reldra meant, and I see the person put those under the correct type of gift.

But then I wonder of why and what the gift means and who does legit honor them or not. But then since they are free, then no harm is done.

But Utherverse should be reviewing these gifts regardless. Make sure no one is scammed.

And for drama, I say let be drama free about it.

Some are coupons. She added coupons this time and 1 is free. Others are just 'look at this'. Not free, not a coupon.
BB_Licious
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 1:52:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
In my opinion, if something is not absolutely, 100% FREE, then it should not be in the Swag Bag.

The Swag Bag was a GIFT from Utherverse, to members, to give the community an organized way to give back. Coupons are diluting the original purpose of this tool...to share free gifts with each other.

Also of my opinion, no coupons at all should be allowed. None at all.. because if something is free, it's just free. If peeps can pick out 1 item out of a select group, that can be written in the description..no coupon is needed.

*EDITED TO ADD*

A percentage off is not a free gift, that is a marketing tool. NOT FREE.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
The_Wraith on 3/7/2024(UTC)
OutlawDesigns
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 1:57:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Just here watching ...lol

ASultryWmn
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 3:54:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Umm Didn't I say this the last SwagBag and some people wanted to get their britches in a knot. Well you all know how much I care who got chaffed from wearing knotted drawers. They wanted to complain I had never given on this site. Of course i had to put them straight In fact a little later It dawned on me the complaintaint in fact had been a recipient of a small token of my generosity to the tune of 250 rays for no reason or expectation. Just my thought the SwagBag is for gifting not coupons or discounting.
2 users thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 3/7/2024(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 3/7/2024(UTC)
Sweetpea
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 4:48:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
When I gift in the Swag, I do give a coupon. But that coupon is for the choice of a set of furniture. The furniture is free during the time the swag is open, but because they get a choice the only appropriate way to put it in the swag is using a coupon.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/7/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 3/7/2024(UTC), divingA_WnC on 3/7/2024(UTC)
BB_Licious
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2024 5:34:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post
When I gift in the Swag, I do give a coupon. But that coupon is for the choice of a set of furniture. The furniture is free during the time the swag is open, but because they get a choice the only appropriate way to put it in the swag is using a coupon.

I understand that...but why not just say: Visit my showroom here and pick out a free set of choice.

No coupon needed.

Sexxy_Angie
#13 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 10:34:26 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post
In my opinion, if something is not absolutely, 100% FREE, then it should not be in the Swag Bag.

The Swag Bag was a GIFT from Utherverse, to members, to give the community an organized way to give back. Coupons are diluting the original purpose of this tool...to share free gifts with each other.

Also of my opinion, no coupons at all should be allowed. None at all.. because if something is free, it's just free. If peeps can pick out 1 item out of a select group, that can be written in the description..no coupon is needed.

*EDITED TO ADD*

A percentage off is not a free gift, that is a marketing tool. NOT FREE.

My opinion is. As long as swag bag allows people to added coupons and discounts to swag bag. People will continue to do so. People don't have to claim the discounts or coupons. The only way for them to not upload coupons and discounts to swag bag. Is for swag bag them to not allow then as options to be added to the bag in the first place. Id doesn't matter if other people agree with t or not it is what swag bag allows and they are the only ones who can change it. People complaining not going to change that. So it is what it is unless swag bag changes.
ByPerseus_Design
#14 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 11:49:20 AM(UTC)

Honestly, I think it's a waste of time to discuss what should or should not be included in the swag bag.

I don't understand the discomfort with discount coupons. The coupon category exists in the swag bag editor to be used. And designers on the platform use it, including in the loyalty swag bag.

Obviously, there needs to be criteria for what to include and how to present it, even to avoid cluttering the selection of gifts. I occasionally donate to the swag bag. Sometimes I donate clothes, and I donated a layout once.

I confess I no longer donate layouts. I had a terrible experience with a user who used some of the textures I created for the donated layout in the swag bag in another layout he was selling. Detail: he offered his layout in an auction with some of my textures. After checking what happened, I contacted the user, and he removed the textures. But this made me realize that people see the layout as something free and feel free to do whatever they want with the posted content. Who knows how many users do the same with what we post there. After that, I didn't include any more layouts in the swag bag. So I don't get upset or stressed in a virtual environment that is supposed to be enjoyable and to exercise our creativity.

But back to the coupons ... lol ... I chose to present discount coupons for two of my showrooms: one for layout, the other for furniture and 3D objects. A way to reward those who already buy from me and encourage those who haven't yet discovered my work. Anyone can use them if they want to. Nobody is obliged to do anything here. I'm sorry to say, but in my opinion, a 20% discount for quality layout and textures is indeed a good gift for the swag bag. Isn't it because of affordable prices that the vast majority will investigate the auctions?

Now, the swag bag can't be just that. I see it as a way for the designer to give back to the community the appreciation he has for it. I really liked Sweetpea's alternative. Maybe I'll create something similar in future editions. For free, okay?

I won't dwell on the subject anymore, but think a little about why you're uncomfortable with the coupons, and if you think it's necessary, take this discomfort to support so they can reconsider the way the swag bag is presented. For now, we continue with the format we have. Equal rights for everyone.

That's it. This message is not intended to offend anyone or even point fingers at anyone. But I needed to justify myself since I included two coupons in this edition.

Peace be with you.

Pers

LINK TO SHOWROOM (LAYOUT) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@1711585
LINK TO STORE (FURNITURE) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@181491/furniture_showroom
LINK TO HOUSE OF PERSEUS (FASHION DESIGN) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@142629/maison#entrance
MY CLOTHING CATALOGUE ====>>>>> https://www.utherverse.c...earch.aspx?mid=104451832
MY RADIO STATION - ATLANTIS MUSIC HALL ====>>>>> https://byperseus.wixsite.com/radio

3 users thanked ByPerseus_Design for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/8/2024(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/8/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 3/8/2024(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#15 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 12:46:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: ByPerseus_Design Go to Quoted Post
Honestly, I think it's a waste of time to discuss what should or should not be included in the swag bag.

I don't understand the discomfort with discount coupons. The coupon category exists in the swag bag editor to be used. And designers on the platform use it, including in the loyalty swag bag.

Obviously, there needs to be criteria for what to include and how to present it, even to avoid cluttering the selection of gifts. I occasionally donate to the swag bag. Sometimes I donate clothes, and I donated a layout once.

I confess I no longer donate layouts. I had a terrible experience with a user who used some of the textures I created for the donated layout in the swag bag in another layout he was selling. Detail: he offered his layout in an auction with some of my textures. After checking what happened, I contacted the user, and he removed the textures. But this made me realize that people see the layout as something free and feel free to do whatever they want with the posted content. Who knows how many users do the same with what we post there. After that, I didn't include any more layouts in the swag bag. So I don't get upset or stressed in a virtual environment that is supposed to be enjoyable and to exercise our creativity.

But back to the coupons ... lol ... I chose to present discount coupons for two of my showrooms: one for layout, the other for furniture and 3D objects. A way to reward those who already buy from me and encourage those who haven't yet discovered my work. Anyone can use them if they want to. Nobody is obliged to do anything here. I'm sorry to say, but in my opinion, a 20% discount for quality layout and textures is indeed a good gift for the swag bag. Isn't it because of affordable prices that the vast majority will investigate the auctions?

Now, the swag bag can't be just that. I see it as a way for the designer to give back to the community the appreciation he has for it. I really liked Sweetpea's alternative. Maybe I'll create something similar in future editions. For free, okay?

I won't dwell on the subject anymore, but think a little about why you're uncomfortable with the coupons, and if you think it's necessary, take this discomfort to support so they can reconsider the way the swag bag is presented. For now, we continue with the format we have. Equal rights for everyone.

That's it. This message is not intended to offend anyone or even point fingers at anyone. But I needed to justify myself since I included two coupons in this edition.

Peace be with you.

Pers

From "Honestly said" to "Peace be with you", I can only confirm and completely endorse absolutely every word.

All that's missing with this very well-written post is the Amen at the end.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/8/2024(UTC), ByPerseus_Design on 3/8/2024(UTC)
BB_Licious
#16 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 1:17:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: ByPerseus_Design Go to Quoted Post

Peace be with you.

Pers

I'm not uncomfortable with coupons. I am a coupon queen in real, lol. What I AM uncomfy with is people taking advantage of the coupon option.

However, to point out, a percentage off coupon is not a free gift. When they come into your showroom and present the 20% off, do you give them 20% of the layout for free? Portion it out? No...so I have to disagree with your take on it. I'm not saying I disagree with having any kind of sale or discount or using a coupon for that, period...All I am saying is that in the Swag Bag, I feel that coupons are being taken advantage of and the coupon option should be removed completely.

If it weren't for that, I would have no issue with it. You give people an inch, they will take a mile. It's being abused, so why NOT take it away?

OutlawDesigns
#17 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 3:04:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
This post title "Swag Bag Used as Just an Ad?"

Some people can or will take advantage of the Swaggbag to promote their business,
I don't see anything wrong on doing so

Some people are bitching about the Coupons.. let's talk about that what are coupons
it's a discount on something that people are selling at a cheaper deal.. it's completely fine to do

I try the whole VWW link for Advertisement (come look at my showroom) and people were confused thinking
and asking for the free product so I stop and remove my ad from the Swaggbag
(so I'm guessing people are using coupons for advertisement and not the WebLink/WWW Link option)
either they can't read or just don't care what people thing and will run ADs on it

So I end up just using the coupon as an Ad and to give someone a free product.. "Buy One get One FREE"

Moral to the story, Just be grateful that we have a Swaggbag

***Many option to pick from***

1 user thanked OutlawDesigns for this useful post.
ByPerseus_Design on 3/9/2024(UTC)
DarkLadyJADE
#18 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 3:23:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
From what is common sense, it Buyer beware. I only buy what I want, but I check out if it right for me. Same as the UVC items, some look incredible, but something wrong with it. Until Utherverse put a policy what can be put up as a gift in swagbag, we just have to use out common sense.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
1 user thanked DarkLadyJADE for this useful post.
Celendra_S1
#19 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 4:12:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm glad someone besides me brought up the advertising-only links in the Swag Bag. I didn't think that was an appropriate place for them either without a coupon, discount, or free item associated with them.

Personally I don't mind coupons or twofer-type offers in the Swag Bag. Claimed items should be a net benefit to those claiming those items and while not everyone will choose to use the coupons some will, just like not everyone will claim clothing not made for their chosen gender or layouts for which they don't have the correct property.

But ads-only really should be located someplace else IMO, such as bulletins or maybe a thread in the appropriate forum.

I'm a regular clothing Swag Bag contributor, BTW. Less so lately after having people downvote an outfit I put in for Christmas. Downrating a free item? Really? Throw it out if you don't like it or don't snag it in the first place LOL.
1 user thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
Sweetpea
#20 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2024 4:39:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

I understand that...but why not just say: Visit my showroom here and pick out a free set of choice.

No coupon needed.

So here are the options you get to select from when donating in the Swag and you are required to select one of them.

Clothing
Coupon
Web Link
Real World Item
Membership
VWW Link
Virtual Property Layout
Rays

So what is a coupon? One definition per Merriam-Webster is "a small piece of paper that allows one to get a service or product for free or at a lower price"

Besides "Coupon" which would be the appropriate choice to use when gifting the choice of a set of furniture?

I suppose for argument sake, you could say VWW Link, but I would still need an explanation of what they need to look at in that VWW Link and for those of us that have multiple showrooms based on room/style/color of the furniture I would still need to enter what showroom/s to go to and out of that showroom/s which sets of furniture are part of the gift choice. If it is a service such as DJ or Dance team etc... VWW Link wouldn't really work for that either unless they are inviting you to one of their clubs or jobs to see if they are what you are looking to hire.

I personally don't care if it is a free coupon or a discount coupon, if I don't want to pay for it, I just won't grab the discount coupon. As long as the coupon is up front and states it is only for a discount then I don't see it as an issue. What I do see as an issue (and I did comment on this in the last swag) is when it is just an advertisement to go check out a showroom. If you want people to just check out your showroom host a VWW of the Day. You don't have to be a club or a special event to host a VWW of the Day.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
2 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/8/2024(UTC), ByPerseus_Design on 3/9/2024(UTC)