Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HALLOWEEN COSTUME CHALLENGE
DarkLadyJADE
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 2:47:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I see out there in past awesome costume designs of female superheroes out there, and I collect them.

I see many designers repeat with their own way of same charactors, but I only have one of each charactor from that designer that did the best.

So here the challenge for this Halloween coming up and see what charactors not in UVC. I love to see these charactors in the UVC, and even dare who create the best one.

Here are the six I do not see:

Ahsoka Tano <---Star Wars
Bo-Katan Kryze <---Star Wars
Sabine Wren <----Star Wars
Silverhawk <----Michelle Yeoh's Charactor
Valentine The Dark Avenger
Black Bat <----Cassandra Cain from Batman

Wonder if others have ideas that not in UVC they should add.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
DarkLadyJADE
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2023 7:23:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I see no one dared to do something new, for Halloween Hopefully next year. Instead of the boring same old stuff. Until next time.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
CinnamonSugar2
#3 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2024 5:02:59 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i didn't get around to doing any of the ones you listed but i do have some different super hero girls in my catalog...i try to do more lesser known ones lol
Celendra_S1
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2024 2:10:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi Jade. A lot of these would be interesting (and mostly possible :D) to make, but the problem for many of us is likely one of time and economics.

I can't speak for others, but for myself doing a custom outfit as involved as a superhero costume will take me many hours. I can then only put it up for sale for maybe 15-30 rays and if I am lucky might sell one or two of them (I am assuming you'd buy one LOL).
Given that one ray is worth roughly 7 cents now(?), that means hours of work for about a US dollar. If you can sell it at all, that is, and with the dwindling population in here that is not a given.
Small-volume designers like me are lucky to even get our stuff seen.

And with RLC charging 1 ray to upload a texture (and most outfits are made of at least 6 textures), and then taking 15% of the proceeds from the sale, outfit-making can end up costing rays rather than making them for you.

Granted, RLC design is not purely about the financial side of making and selling outfits. It is definitely not for me, I have a day job that pays WAY better than making RLC outfits LOL.
I do it in large part for fun and for the artistic challenge.

But I also want to sell the outfits to support a pancreatic cancer research charity that is really close to my heart (that cancer killed my father 10 years ago).
Any time spent making outfits that I can't sell is time that I am not spending on making outfits that might, and thus taking away from what I can potentially raise for that charity.

There are others here in a similar quandary who rely on outfit sales for income to live on (not sure how they can swing it but it's not my business). And a lot of those who used to (Terg and Max, for instance) had to leave for greener pastures to make ends meet.

I'd love to make more unique one-off items but to make it worth my while I'd have to charge far more than people would buy the outfit for, so it has become a non-starter for me in here. I might periodically knock a funky outfit out because I want it myself (like the Pikachu stripper one LOL) or as a favor to a friend, but I also assume it will never sell.

I hope this makes sense.
Hugs
Cel
3 users thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 2/11/2024(UTC), BB_Licious on 2/11/2024(UTC), DarkLadyJADE on 2/12/2024(UTC)