Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
SWF Files for use in world
SugarPie22
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2022 7:43:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Does anyone remember the old swf files that we could use in layouts? One was a fish tank scene, I think there were a few that were just pictures, and there was the piano.

I really would like to be able to use the piano swf again. My question is: Has anyone figured out how to use a swf file so it will work in world?

Or does someone know a way to convert the file to a format that can be used in world?
Nefarious_Needs
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2022 11:26:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
SugarPie22;1694565 wrote:
Does anyone remember the old swf files that we could use in layouts? One was a fish tank scene, I think there were a few that were just pictures, and there was the piano.

I really would like to be able to use the piano swf again. My question is: Has anyone figured out how to use a swf file so it will work in world?

Or does someone know a way to convert the file to a format that can be used in world?

SWF files are gone Adobe got rid of flash so they would not work on HTML which is being used, if there is a program that can run SWF files on HTML I would be the first to sign up for it, I think it was a mistake to get rid of flash as they did,HTML has it's limited unlike flash there is no add copy which you can only show one video screen in your zaby,
1 user thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
SugarPie22 on 10/23/2022(UTC)
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2022 5:52:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I found an online piano that will work. Add the script Web Browser Pop-up. Paste in this link. https://virtualpiano.net/
Since there is no flash anymore, searching for a web site that you can link to usually works.
3 users thanked MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 10/5/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 10/6/2022(UTC), SugarPie22 on 10/23/2022(UTC)
Lindaatje
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 3:34:53 AM(UTC)

There is/was an emulator for flash into HTML they could have incorporated that into rlc and all swf would still be running. The answer was, we do not like to incorporate that into rlc... well that is it. Sure I can understand, besides I guess they lack the person power to do it at the moment, Red Queen is so busy keeping this old RLC on the rails.
2 users thanked Lindaatje for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 10/19/2022(UTC), SugarPie22 on 10/23/2022(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 10:52:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
More then likely the real answer is we don't know how to to do that, But we gonna make the quick bar bigger and inoperable.
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 3:23:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Is there a Flash emulator?

Ruffle puts Flash back on the web, where it belongs - including browsers on iOS and Android! Designed to be easy to use and install, users or website owners may install the web version of Ruffle and existing flash content will "just work", with no extra configuration required.

This was available before they dumped flash.

Ruffle may have had to many Ridges for them, who knows.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.