Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Alpine Hut in Austria
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 1:55:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi everyone

it is sometimes small things that can trigger a whole avalanche of subsequent activities. It's been a few weeks now that when I was evaluating pictures of a profile here in RLC, I saw a beautiful landscape image that triggered a whole flood of activities for me from the first moment I saw. The picture showed a beautiful landscape panorama in the Austrian Limestone Alps, an area that I myself have known for a very long time (since 1992), a region that I got to know at that time and have still highly valued ever since.

First, I pulled out one of my ancient diaries from the time and read what I wrote of his time. Then I picked out the bags in question, in which the photos from the time were lying. Then I looked for a suitable layout in RLC that could have supported my feelings. There were and are a few, but I was not really happy with it.

And that was the moment, almost a week ago, when I started to create such a place for myself. Since last night it is now open and accessible to everyone. Built on a Zaby (Basic Zaby Layout 2 /w Kitchen V2) it can be found in the directory under the name: Alpine Hut in Austria .

It is somehow also a tribute to Austria, a country with which I associate really beautiful memories and whose cuisine I still appreciate very much today. What did I have in mind when I created this place? BTW, I will refine and edit the layout even further. Well, I saw in my mind's eye the old alpine hut, only managed by the alpine farmer in summer. He takes care of all the animals up to the cattle drive, but he also hosts hikers who come by and are hungry or thirsty or both.

The cottage is spartan furnished, the furniture almost all furniture discarded at home, but still do good service in the hut. The alpine farmer milks the cows and goats, makes cheese from the milk. The cows and goats have all bells around their necks (I've yet to design the matching cows) so you can find them easier when they get lost. The sound of the bells when the animals move and graze has a tremendously calming effect.

There is a small mountain lake nearby, fed by a glacier, with ducks, trout and char, horses help the farmer to bring in hay or to get wood from the forest.

So much for me, here I share a few more pictures to awaken your appetite.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank three people expressis verbis for their help and suggestions:

Sonja_Holland for the great sky, BG_Summers for mental support and valuable suggestions, Leon_Rufus as well, thank you for helpful mental support and valuable suggestions.

Since it is my place, decored by me from the first scratch on myself, of course the same rule applies to this place as in all my places and this rule is:

Use your mouse as diligently as your eyes when exploring!

I have already hidden many small things and there are more and more every day.

Stay healthy, take care of yourself and your fellow human beings,

your divi,

who thinks: It doesn't always have to be a (nude)beach to be happy!

Oh, yes, I almost forgot. Music? Well, you have to find them yourself, there are already several clickable and above all suitable for the place or the special scene music videos available, but there will soon be an even more diverse offer too.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
10 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 2/16/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/16/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 2/16/2022(UTC), Kellie_W on 2/16/2022(UTC), rolichan on 2/16/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 2/16/2022(UTC), SinSizzle on 2/17/2022(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/17/2022(UTC), Mr_NYDon on 2/17/2022(UTC), Architype0 on 2/19/2022(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 4:38:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everybody,

there are some important news to report from my tiny little alpine republic.

First of all, I have actually managed to design cows, species that actually spend the summer on Austrian alpine meadows in real life, such as: Fleckvieh, Braunvieh and Simmental cattle. The only unfortunate thing is that the RLC cows do not have horns, which the three mentioned breeds would all have. This shortcoming takes away some of the authenticity of the animals I designed, but there's nothing I can do about that.

More action or even interaction options have also been created, in addition, the sound and music selection has been expanded by several options.

Last but not least, the fine tuning has been reworked. Where possible, PNG files were replaced by much smaller PNG files. This should shorten the loading time and allow unproblematic upload and access for users with slower internet or weaker computers.

Now I'll just hide some more little things, so that everyone can have fun with the usual little treasure hunt, as I want and like to do at all my places.

Stay healthy everyone, have a good time,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/17/2022(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/17/2022(UTC), Architype0 on 2/19/2022(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2022 3:09:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

that's how it always is, isn't it? You think you've really built a layout up to the last TC and really realized everything that could be suitably realized in a layout, dedicated to a special theme, and then another idea hits you again.

I had really thought for some time: At my Austrian alpine hut? Naaa, there I can do nothing more, there goes nothing more.

I was wrong. What my hut, decorated with the aim to be as natural, realistic and authentic as possible in RLC was missing was what we call here in Germany a "Heustadl".

I have realized it. And that automatically led to further difficulties, this time again mainly with the language barrier. At some point, you always stumble upon a term that even the best translation program can't translate. So I had conversations with various friends, Canadians, Americans, British, and asked them all what they would call such a building. They were absolutely not in agreement! Grin Everyone found his own name for it. Rolleyes LOL

I leave it to you, how you call the building, for me it remains with the traditional (south) German word Heustadl, if necessary high German cleanly spelled Heustadel, in English I will call it possibly Fieldbarn or Hayshed.

Since it is a really very traditional building with a special purpose, also actually at least to my knowledge only found in Austria, I would like to explain to you what it is all about. For this I have translated a German article with the help of deepl.com, partly supplemented with my own remarks, they are then in red.

Quote:
Heustadl/Heustadel

Hay barns are used to salvage and temporarily store the fodder hay on forage meadows and alpine pastures in the Salzburg mountain areas. (Not only in the Salzburg area, also in many other parts of Austria such as Tyrol, Carinthia, Styria and Lower Austria, mainly of course always in the mountainous regions).

Description

Simple hay barns are small log buildings built on a Klaubstein base (a base consisting of a dry stone wall made without mortar) or merely on corner stones. Today usually covered with roof tiles, the roof used to be a heavy roof (a type of roof construction specifically limited to Austria, no longer in use today). Hay barns usually have two openings, one at the back and one at the front, which are used to bring in and take out the hay. The side walls are closed. The spaces between the logs are not sealed. There are sometimes recesses under the entrance hole, which serve as a climbing aid. Besides the simple hay barn described here, there are others. In Mitterpinzgau alone, 15 different designs are known.

Use

The salvage room in the farm buildings could not hold all the hay needed for the cattle during the winter months. Also, before mechanization, during the hay harvest, which was always under weather pressure, it was not possible to bring hay from meadows more or less distant from the farm into the central farm building. Therefore, hay barns were built on the cattle pastures, where the hay obtained there was stored and brought to the farm only when needed in winter. The hay was brought into the hay barns in bales tied with rope on "armpit and head" or thrown in from the hay wagon by means of a pitchfork. Today, many hay barns have already come down or are left to decay because they are no longer needed due to changes in farming practices, and maintaining them without a purpose is too labor-intensive and costly. The vanishing of the hay barns means a cultural loss, because they have visually shaped and partly still shape the mountain pasture landscape as a cultural landscape, but belongs to those changes that are inevitable due to a mechanized and rationalized agriculture in the mountain areas.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

source:Heustadel

I hope I have not bored you too much now, I had fun building my Heustadl, others may have fun using it, but not for haymaking Wink

stay healthy all, divingA

1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 7/8/2022(UTC)