Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Light Area
DareDevil345
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:48:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I am working on a layout I got from swagbag in 2015. It appears that they made the layout darker but I cant seem to find out how. I thought that when you worked on lighting you would use the trigger box prop. I have found one trigger box that has a Lighted Area (Extended) with a region called water but none of the trigger boxes have the Lighted Area script. Is there another prop that could have been used or am I just missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Anhton_Novo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 4:46:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DareDevil345;1685767 wrote:
I am working on a layout I got from swagbag in 2015. It appears that they made the layout darker but I cant seem to find out how. I thought that when you worked on lighting you would use the trigger box prop. I have found one trigger box that has a Lighted Area (Extended) with a region called water but none of the trigger boxes have the Lighted Area script. Is there another prop that could have been used or am I just missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

A trigger box with Light Area (Extended) script should have a Region name that matches the Name of another light area since its an extension of a light area thus the (Extended) in the script name. The actual light area does not have to be placed on the trigger box prop. It can placed on most any prop and then enable the trigger check box in the State tab.

You can easily see if non trigger box prop has a Light Area script by doing the following:

Go into prop editor.
Click on the List Props icon which is is at the bottom of the window and looks like a sheet of paper with lines on it. (just to the left of the PID icon)
On the top right of the Prop List you should see a switch that probably says either ID or Scripts. If it says ID click it and change it to scripts.
If you only see Script in the list then left click with your mouse and drag the left side of the window until you are able to see three columns for all three scripts that are available for each prop. You can also increase the depth of the Prop List box as well using the same procedure on the bottom of the box.
In the search box type Light. This should give you all of the props that contain a light script

In the example above I have used an Air Conditioner prop and clicked Trigger in the State tab. The prop will become invisible.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions just post and I'm sure someone will reply in a timely matter.

Best,

Anhton

2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
DareDevil345 on 1/18/2022(UTC), SifuPeter on 1/30/2022(UTC)
DareDevil345
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 5:33:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you very much
Found it on an alarm clock prop.