Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Whats the name of that DJ app everyone use to use? Unless theres a easier way now?
VP_FuRy_nWo_RMC
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 7:48:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thinking about DJin again. I haven't DJ since 2010 probably. What's the name of that DJ app everyone use to use? Unless there's a easier way now?
Nefarious_Needs
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 8:01:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
FP_Fury_FFMC;1681288 wrote:
Thinking about DJin again. I haven't DJ since 2010 probably. What's the name of that DJ app everyone use to use? Unless there's a easier way now?

Shoutcast

Winamp

Sam Broadcaster
VP_FuRy_nWo_RMC
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 8:44:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Righttt Sams Broadcaster. It wasn't free though right?
Nefarious_Needs
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 9:08:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
FP_Fury_FFMC;1681295 wrote:

That depends on how you are going to use it, The free version has a lot of limits as opposed to the one you pay for.
Cassey
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 9:19:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
My understanding is the more tunes available costs more to the DJ streaming because the Internet company that provides the service pays the per play royalties to the publishing companies of the artists on your behalf as a group.
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 9:52:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:

There's a "cracked" version (free) but it's pretty much useless at this point. It causes lots of problems and makes it hard to have a good set. The new SAMS broadcaster costs $300 USD.

SAMS Broadcaster (https://spacial.com/what-we-do-features/) or Virtual DJ (https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html). There's another one but I can't remember the name of it.. Mixx, or something?

One of the other ones aside from SAMS, you can pay 20 USD/month for the service..I can't remember which one, though..lol.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

Anhton_Novo
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 10:18:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
BB_Licious;1681302 wrote:

There's a "cracked" version (free) but it's pretty much useless at this point. It causes lots of problems and makes it hard to have a good set. The new SAMS broadcaster costs $300 USD.

SAMS Broadcaster (https://spacial.com/what-we-do-features/) or Virtual DJ (https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html). There's another one but I can't remember the name of it.. Mixx, or something?

One of the other ones aside from SAMS, you can pay 20 USD/month for the service..I can't remember which one, though..lol.

This is from Virtual DJ's site...

If you are not using it professionally, and do not use any professional equipment like a DJ controller, or a DJ mixer, then VirtualDJ is FREE.

If you are using VirtualDJ professionally (as defined in the EULA: if you earn money using VirtualDJ), you need to purchase a PRO license. Or, if you are just mixing for yourself or your friends, but want to use some DJ equipment, you also need a license.

A VirtualDJ Pro license costs only $19 per month and can be canceled at any time.

Alternatively, you can also opt for a one-time purchase, with VirtualDJ Pro Infinity, for the price of $299. Or, if you want a one-time purchase, but will never use it professionally and want to license only one controller, our VirtualDJ Home Plus license for entry-level controllers costs $49 or $99.

I've only played around with Virtual DJ. I've never used SAMS Broadcaster but I've always heard good things about it.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton
1 user thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 10/13/2021(UTC)
SweetGuy
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:13:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here is a super simple software that I used. All it does is allow you to stream your computer's audio. This allows you to use any other software you want, including Windows Media Player if you're still rocking that. It does play all sounds, so you would need to mute Skype, etc... so they won't chime in during the stream, but it's free and super simple to use.

http://danielnoethen.de/butt/
3 users thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 10/13/2021(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 10/13/2021(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/20/2021(UTC)
VP_FuRy_nWo_RMC
#9 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 4:05:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ty sweetguy. Ill check it out!!
Rez_FYDB
#10 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 7:38:23 PM(UTC)

Mixxx is a free open source option you can use i believe BB mentioned it in her post. You can go to their page and look thru everything I used it once a long time ago its not a bad program. There are some steps have to go thru with it to set up for streaming in RLC but it isnt anything to terrible. You can find it here https://mixxx.org/
2 users thanked Rez_FYDB for this useful post.
Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 10/19/2021(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/20/2021(UTC)