Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
The Learning Center
Sweetpea
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 6:49:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Many of you know that I have been working on a place where there are many tutorials and different tools linked for anyone to use.

We are still adding to The Learning Center all the time. There are rooms that are still under construction, but thought that I would open it up so you can review the tutorials as needed.

So far there are tutorials or resources by several different members.

marta: "Landscape Deco Class" and "How to fix our layouts after the big one"
Siren: "Creating a Garden" and "lighting and shadows" YouTube videos
Mrs_Stormy_James: multiple clothing design YouTube videos
BB_Licious: "How to create a WIX bulletin" and "How to set up a fundraiser"
The_Wraith: Link to his prop map site

There are also links to the "Super Zaby How to List" and to the "Utherverse Wiki"

If anyone has a tutorial they would like to include at The Learning Center, please send me an inbox message.

Feel free to wander around just be careful of the construction areas, as I'm not sure if the insurance will cover any injuries... haha

vww://utherverse.vww/@33462/@1590226

The Learning Center is just another resource offered to the members of the RLC/UV community.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
11 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 3/13/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 3/14/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/14/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 3/14/2021(UTC), Pytch on 3/14/2021(UTC), LazTopCat on 3/14/2021(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 3/14/2021(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 3/14/2021(UTC), Austin_Booker on 4/1/2021(UTC), Angels on 9/21/2021(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 5/30/2022(UTC)
Never_Lost
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:06:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you so much for that post, Sweetpea, I will enjoy browsing through all your links!
Applause Applause Applause
3 users thanked Never_Lost for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 3/13/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/14/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 3/14/2021(UTC)
LazTopCat
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 6:24:45 AM(UTC)

6 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 3/14/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 3/14/2021(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 3/14/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 3/15/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/15/2021(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/20/2021(UTC)
Sweetpea
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 6:43:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you Laz, these will be great additions to the clothing tutorial section.

edit: these tutorials are now available at The Learning Center
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
4 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 3/14/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 3/15/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/15/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/20/2021(UTC)
Austin_Booker
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 6:00:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I have what I call "Cuddle Spots" which you may consider including in the Learning Center.

They are the creative combining of various positions, actions, and the use of "Move to" scripts to create a repeatable multi-person pose.

Here is a blog I wrote on how to create them https://www.utherverse.c...amp;BlogOwnerId=98300443

I also have a Show Room (Zaby) for demonstration here vww://utherverse.vww/@545925

Building them isn't complicated once you understand the basic concept.
4 users thanked Austin_Booker for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 4/1/2021(UTC), Sweetpea on 4/2/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 5/10/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/20/2021(UTC)
emraeshine
#6 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 1:25:12 AM(UTC)

These tutorials are so helpful! Thanks a bunch.
3 users thanked emraeshine for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 5/10/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/20/2021(UTC), Sweetpea on 9/20/2021(UTC)
BB_Licious
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 11:13:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I just want to share something with everyone..

This is something that's been happening gradually. So, I have a few videos on my YouTube channel that are instructionals. There would be more,
but I don't have the time right now. Anyway...I've had emails and PM's from people about how to solve a particular problem when making a
Wix bulletin and then they tell me they saw my tutorial. When I ask them where they found it, they always give the same answer -- I found it
at The Learning Center!

I try to share these messages with Pea because The Learning Center is her baby. It's always uplifting when I get these messages, it makes me feel
like I've done something that really helped someone and that's a super feeling..so I try and pass that on to Pea.

I'm just happy that people are watching it and LEARNING how to make their own bulletins and I'm also happy that they're getting use out of Pea's
learning center.

Y'all keep spreading the word!
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

4 users thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 9/20/2021(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/20/2021(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/20/2021(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 9/21/2021(UTC)
Sweetpea
#8 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:52:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post
I just want to share something with everyone..

This is something that's been happening gradually. So, I have a few videos on my YouTube channel that are instructionals. There would be more,
but I don't have the time right now. Anyway...I've had emails and PM's from people about how to solve a particular problem when making a
Wix bulletin and then they tell me they saw my tutorial. When I ask them where they found it, they always give the same answer -- I found it
at The Learning Center!

I try to share these messages with Pea because The Learning Center is her baby. It's always uplifting when I get these messages, it makes me feel
like I've done something that really helped someone and that's a super feeling..so I try and pass that on to Pea.

I'm just happy that people are watching it and LEARNING how to make their own bulletins and I'm also happy that they're getting use out of Pea's
learning center.

Y'all keep spreading the word!

Thanks BB

I hope that people use The Learning Center, there is a lot of information there.

We could still use more tutorials. Here is my tutorial wishlist ... haha

DJ Tutorials
Club Tutorial
Dance Team Tutorials

Each of these could include things like "what do I need to get started", "where do I find resources", "how important is getting sponsors" etc...
4 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/20/2021(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/21/2021(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/22/2021(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 2/19/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022 4:35:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm excited to say that there is now a link to The Learning Center on RLC Street. It is next door to Passions.

The Learning Center will continue to be a work in progress as we are continuing to add to it all the time.

If you have something you want added please let me know and we can get it added.

vww://utherverse.vww/@33462/@1590226#entrance
6 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 2/19/2022(UTC), BB_Licious on 2/19/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/19/2022(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/20/2022(UTC), Pryss_2 on 2/20/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 5/23/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#10 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 2:50:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I was working on adding more into at The Learning Center this weekend.

Please stop by and take a look and let me know what else you would like added.

If you have something you want me to add, please send that to me and I'll get it added.

Please remember The Learning Center will always be a work in progress as we will be adding stuff to it as we find the info.

You can access The Learning Center from RLC Street. We are right next door to Passions.
2 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 5/23/2022(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 5/23/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#11 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 9:18:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I've been doing a bit more updating at The Learning Center.

Besides getting tutorials from members, I've been looking through the forum trying to find some common asked questions so that those can also be included at The Learning Center (fondly aka TLC)

I've did find several questions about scripting the Pill Tray. I've found several different posts on it, but few actually give the script.

Would anyone have the actual script for the pill try that I can use for TLC? If possible the normal script and the raised floor script.

I know when I do them it is always trial and error, especially when working on a raised floor.

So it would be amazing if you have either a tutorial I can add or if you just want to send me the directions and I'll create a poster with the directions.

Thanks so much
pea
2 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 5/30/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 5/30/2022(UTC)
BB_Licious
#12 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 9:40:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

Besides getting tutorials from members, I've been looking through the forum trying to find some common asked questions so that those can also be included at The Learning Center (fondly aka TLC)

I've did find several questions about scripting the Pill Tray. I've found several different posts on it, but few actually give the script.

Would anyone have the actual script for the pill try that I can use for TLC? If possible the normal script and the raised floor script.

I know when I do them it is always trial and error, especially when working on a raised floor.

So it would be amazing if you have either a tutorial I can add or if you just want to send me the directions and I'll create a poster with the directions.

Thanks so much
pea

Script: Eat Pill
Offset: -150

That's for a regular pill tray for a hardcoded floor.

For a false floor, it's a bit more involved.

To keep it simple, I take a pill tray and make it big and vertically flat, such as 1.00 x 7.00 x 0.10.

I then raise it up so that the bottom edge of the pill tray is at the height of the forehead on my avi. I set the pill tray, click it and if my feet are in the floor and I fall through, I make adjustments. If they're barely in the floor and I only fall a little bit, I just raise the pill tray up about the distance I think it needs. It's really just something you have to keep messing with.

I just keep adjusting til my avi can take a pill and I'm not falling through but ALSO I am not too high off the floor.

For aesthetics, I will make the pill tray invisible (after putting it into place) and put something in front of it that can be clicked for glowies. Such as...a hanging flower pot, a bird perching on a tree limb near the glowies, a hanging sign, etc. Be creative.

*Edited to add*

If the script is moving you the wrong way, turn your pill tray around by 180 degrees. You can also adjust the number depending on how close or how far away you want to be away from the pill tray.

3 users thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 5/30/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 5/30/2022(UTC), Sweetpea on 5/30/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#13 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 11:07:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post

Script: Eat Pill
Offset: -150

That's for a regular pill tray for a hardcoded floor.

For a false floor, it's a bit more involved.

To keep it simple, I take a pill tray and make it big and vertically flat, such as 1.00 x 7.00 x 0.10.

I then raise it up so that the bottom edge of the pill tray is at the height of the forehead on my avi. I set the pill tray, click it and if my feet are in the floor and I fall through, I make adjustments. If they're barely in the floor and I only fall a little bit, I just raise the pill tray up about the distance I think it needs. It's really just something you have to keep messing with.

I just keep adjusting til my avi can take a pill and I'm not falling through but ALSO I am not too high off the floor.

For aesthetics, I will make the pill tray invisible (after putting it into place) and put something in front of it that can be clicked for glowies. Such as...a hanging flower pot, a bird perching on a tree limb near the glowies, a hanging sign, etc. Be creative.

*Edited to add*

If the script is moving you the wrong way, turn your pill tray around by 180 degrees. You can also adjust the number depending on how close or how far away you want to be away from the pill tray.

I know some use trigger boxes for the raised floors. Do you know how they do that? I figured I'd put in a couple of different ways so that people can do what works best for them.
BB_Licious
#14 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 11:52:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I've never used a trigger box for that.

Sweetpea
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2022 4:17:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
YAY! I got approval from Annart to put a link in The Learning Center for Annart Academy.

If you haven't had a chance to take a look, stop by.

You can access The Learning Center from RLC street, we are next door to Passions.

Here is the link to Annart Academy: vww://utherverse.vww/@68576/@1399559#start

There is a lot of great information at Annart Academy.

If there is anything else you would like to see at The Learning Center either send me an email or post it here.
3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
SugarPie22 on 6/7/2022(UTC), BB_Licious on 6/7/2022(UTC), Cinque_Terre on 6/7/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#16 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2022 4:46:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I've added 3 new tutorials donated by BB_Licious.

1. How to DJ using SAMS Broadcaster
2. How to make an events calendar graphics
3. Basic Deco: Floors, Ceilings, Walls

There is still a lot of space for more tutorials, if there is anything you would like to see added or if you want to donate a tutorial please let me know.

3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 9/9/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/9/2022(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 9/11/2022(UTC)
Niki_Deus_PCD
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2022 5:09:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

Thanks so much
pea

Because I have only just seen this, here is what i do...

I use a generic box, the X axis should be set to 180, the Y will depend on which side you want to pick it up from, most of mine are set to 90. the Z axis you leave alone. The position of the box should be one click above your position in game, so if you are standing at ( F2 box, Y axis) 2100, it should be 2101. Script is "eat pill" and the offset is -165. Make the box invisible and put in a sign (or something) to show where to pick the glowie up from.

It sounds much more complicated than it is when written down lol
2 users thanked Niki_Deus_PCD for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 9/10/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/11/2022(UTC)