Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Newbsauce DJ questions
Kinzie_M
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 7:34:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi peoples! So, I have no aspirations of bein like a big time DJ or even full on officially DJing for peoples events any time soon. But, mostly I trying to smart it out to do things with my friends, and as a backup for a dear friend at her club who works way too much and could use a break at times.

So, here is where I am. I pretty sure I am going with Sam broadcaster, Im testing it now and I like how it works. The net part is ofc how to get it streaming in world.

I have a trial of Samcloud. The trial seems limited, as in I could just set a library within it that it plays (at low quality) on the link but cant stream it from broadcaster at all with the trial so cant really test it.

I also see a thing for cheapeststreams with them? Which yes pretty cheap, but from what I read it seems you have to put in website URLs to make that work, doesn't give you a link to play it in RLC. Also, looks like it outputs in AAC. My music files are MP3, would that matter and would people still be able to hear it?

Otherwise, if you fine peoples have other suggestions for me to get this actually playing and sounding good...please lemme know Smile

DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 8:41:10 AM(UTC)

Lil_Kinzie;1665310 wrote:
Hi peoples! So, I have no aspirations of bein like a big time DJ or even full on officially DJing for peoples events any time soon. But, mostly I trying to smart it out to do things with my friends, and as a backup for a dear friend at her club who works way too much and could use a break at times.

So, here is where I am. I pretty sure I am going with Sam broadcaster, Im testing it now and I like how it works. The net part is ofc how to get it streaming in world.

I have a trial of Samcloud. The trial seems limited, as in I could just set a library within it that it plays (at low quality) on the link but cant stream it from broadcaster at all with the trial so cant really test it.

I also see a thing for cheapeststreams with them? Which yes pretty cheap, but from what I read it seems you have to put in website URLs to make that work, doesn't give you a link to play it in RLC. Also, looks like it outputs in AAC. My music files are MP3, would that matter and would people still be able to hear it?

Otherwise, if you fine peoples have other suggestions for me to get this actually playing and sounding good...please lemme know Smile

please contact me. i own a stream company and i teach djing as part of my services
4 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/24/2021(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/24/2021(UTC), Cougar on 1/25/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/27/2021(UTC)
Brianna
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:21:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I use MIXXX. It's free and has a lot of nice features. You can go to MIXXX.org and download and use it for free. They do ask for a donation and also have a community message board were you can ask for help.

Streaming services are a bit of a personal preference.

I would recommend looking for the following things:
  1. Price. What are you getting for your money? Check the specifications of the broadcast stream, look for support services and response times.
  2. Storage. This is important if you want music in your venue/properties 24/7 or want others to be able to access it in theirs whether you are live or not. (Also known as AutoPlay.)
  3. Control. What interface do you get with the streaming service. This allows you to control your stream access on the server. For example CentavoCast.
There are a lot of other things you want to learn to become a good DJ. I am still learning and I have been at it in RLC for more than 5 Years now. The learning never really ends.

Good Luck.
If technology was perfect, ...it wouldn't need US....

Brianna(SM) (a.k.a. DJ_Brianna(SM)) Owns WDGN_db_RADIO(TM) and the Club_Drakon(TM) franchise.
4 users thanked Brianna for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/24/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 1/24/2021(UTC), Cougar on 1/25/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/27/2021(UTC)