Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HTML5 & Props Shape
Eld_Talis_AAV
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 1:36:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So flash is coming to an end and this will be replaced with the Web Browsing (Chromium) script.

What I would like to see in world is some way of retaining the shape of a prop when using the Web Browsing (Chromium) script.

I have some flash scripts where the prop retains its shape using the flash script with a swf file on the prop map.

Using the Web Browsing (Chromium) script the prop, any prop completely looses its shape and becomes a double sided sign.

I realise that the Cadillac Prop has a Cadillac sprite in the Animated Texture script which is why I used this prop as an example and it is my hope that someone from the development team is listening, if it would be possible for a User Aminated Texture script could be added where users could use their own Animated Texture, i.e. a .gif file on a prop map?

Just a request from 1 user, do you think this is a workable solution to retain the shape of the prop and apply an animated texture i.e. a .gif file to replace Flash Control?

2 users thanked Eld_Talis_AAV for this useful post.
Brianna on 12/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 1:55:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Its defiantly the Big question on a lot of peoples minds, will there be a solution to animating a prop shape when Flash disappears !

We wait with eager anticipation, but don't hold out to much hope !
4 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Brianna on 12/1/2020(UTC), Cougar on 12/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 12/6/2020(UTC)
Eld_Talis_AAV
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 4:04:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Paul_FW;1661812 wrote:
Its defiantly the Big question on a lot of peoples minds, will there be a solution to animating a prop shape when Flash disappears !

We wait with eager anticipation, but don't hold out to much hope !

I can work with what I have using multiple scripts which is unknown at present if it will cause lag, how much lag will it cause, will it be usable so its not the be all and end all of prop animation but it sure would be nice to reduce the amount of props and time it will take to get the effect that I would like to have. I guess for the moment I'll just have to see how it goes with the multiple scripts.
Cassey
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 8:58:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Emp_Talis_AAV;1661811 wrote:
So flash is coming to an end and this will be replaced with the Web Browsing (Chromium) script.

What I would like to see in world is some way of retaining the shape of a prop when using the Web Browsing (Chromium) script.

I have some flash scripts where the prop retains its shape using the flash script with a swf file on the prop map.

Using the Web Browsing (Chromium) script the prop, any prop completely looses its shape and becomes a double sided sign.

I realise that the Cadillac Prop has a Cadillac sprite in the Animated Texture script which is why I used this prop as an example and it is my hope that someone from the development team is listening, if it would be possible for a User Aminated Texture script could be added where users could use their own Animated Texture, i.e. a .gif file on a prop map?

Just a request from 1 user, do you think this is a workable solution to retain the shape of the prop and apply an animated texture i.e. a .gif file to replace Flash Control?

One solution is WebGL maybe which is already built in to Chromium. Whether UV can build that in to RLC where I think it has to begin to work for us, I have no idea.
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC)
Red_Queen
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 7:58:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I already answered this question in a previous post. But the simply answer is no, this functionality won't be returning as web browser. There is a lot of good things the new web browser is able to do and capable of doing, and in someways it can do a lot more then flash could, but using the browser as a prop map is not going to happen.

There are however limitations and features that flash had that won't be possible in a chromium variant. Currently our focus is set to retain as much features flash has which can be ported over to chromium. This will mean that some things will not be possible. As for the prop maps issue, we do see the needs of animated textures, as this won't be returning to chromium this does not mean we do not want this to return in another way. The main reason this is not returning to chromium is because of the resources this would use and just isn't very practical. While the chromium browser is far more optimized over msie or flash, this does not mean we should be using it in ways it was not meant to, a chromium window simply uses way more resources then would be needed to display animation.

We are currently exploring other options to allow animation (animated prop maps) back in game, however all these ideas are in the concept stage and haven't moved out of this as we haven't yet found a suitable match for what we want to achieve. This means this feature will have to wait till a later time to be reimplemented in another form.

Currently, our main focus has to be on making sure the client keeps working properly and most things can still be done, despite removing flash and anything it was tied to. We are working hard on this and we'll update everyone soon about what will change and not, as we still are trying to solve problems we uncovered by this project. I want to emphasize that this has been quite the setback and this is not something Utherverse wants, cause we would rather have kept flash working, but Adobe and Microsoft are not leaving us any choice, we either accept their removal of flash or we have a non-working game client. I have installed the update from windows on my computer that is comming regarding flash removal, and I can tell you it won't be very fun to login to Utherverse if we do not remove flash from it, it crashes everything constantly, and no-one would be able to stay in longer then 1 minute before getting spammed by error messages.

I fully get that there are questions and people want answers, but I want to emphasize that only 3 weeks ago we received the update from Microsoft to test how it would impact Utherverse, since then we have been hard at work to make sure everyone will continue to have a pleasant user expierence. This does not mean we only started working on this 3 weeks ago, some of the flash componant replacement projects have been going on for months.
12 users thanked Red_Queen for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC), DonNY55 on 12/2/2020(UTC), Sunrider56 on 12/2/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 12/2/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 12/2/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 12/2/2020(UTC), Cassey on 12/2/2020(UTC), Pytch on 12/3/2020(UTC), DareDevil345 on 12/6/2020(UTC), marta on 12/6/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 12/6/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 12/8/2020(UTC)
daernur
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2020 8:01:01 AM(UTC)

Thank you very much for the update. It is certainly not the news we wanted to hear, but many things happened in 2020 that were not than much fun. Your honesty and openness is appreciated. Please keep us updated as things develop, ans stay safe
1 user thanked daernur for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/6/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2020 1:55:14 PM(UTC)

Red_Queen;1661851 wrote:
I already answered this question in a previous post. But the simply answer is no, this functionality won't be returning as web browser. There is a lot of good things the new web browser is able to do and capable of doing, and in someways it can do a lot more then flash could, but using the browser as a prop map is not going to happen.

There are however limitations and features that flash had that won't be possible in a chromium variant. Currently our focus is set to retain as much features flash has which can be ported over to chromium. This will mean that some things will not be possible. As for the prop maps issue, we do see the needs of animated textures, as this won't be returning to chromium this does not mean we do not want this to return in another way. The main reason this is not returning to chromium is because of the resources this would use and just isn't very practical. While the chromium browser is far more optimized over msie or flash, this does not mean we should be using it in ways it was not meant to, a chromium window simply uses way more resources then would be needed to display animation.

We are currently exploring other options to allow animation (animated prop maps) back in game, however all these ideas are in the concept stage and haven't moved out of this as we haven't yet found a suitable match for what we want to achieve. This means this feature will have to wait till a later time to be reimplemented in another form.

Currently, our main focus has to be on making sure the client keeps working properly and most things can still be done, despite removing flash and anything it was tied to. We are working hard on this and we'll update everyone soon about what will change and not, as we still are trying to solve problems we uncovered by this project. I want to emphasize that this has been quite the setback and this is not something Utherverse wants, cause we would rather have kept flash working, but Adobe and Microsoft are not leaving us any choice, we either accept their removal of flash or we have a non-working game client. I have installed the update from windows on my computer that is comming regarding flash removal, and I can tell you it won't be very fun to login to Utherverse if we do not remove flash from it, it crashes everything constantly, and no-one would be able to stay in longer then 1 minute before getting spammed by error messages.

I fully get that there are questions and people want answers, but I want to emphasize that only 3 weeks ago we received the update from Microsoft to test how it would impact Utherverse, since then we have been hard at work to make sure everyone will continue to have a pleasant user expierence. This does not mean we only started working on this 3 weeks ago, some of the flash componant replacement projects have been going on for months.

Have you guys done a thread yet to EXCATELY what WILL & WILL NOT be staying in rlc as of the end of the year?? Since all i can find from ANY rlc staff is ALL flash will not work!!! Well to me flash is anything that moves in world. So is there an EXACT information yet of exactly what will still be working at the end of the month?? If yes can someone link it please for i missed that thread if not can RLC STAFF please break it down to exactly what we have to fix and how to fix prior to the break in less than 3 week?? since there are lots of homes and business that have massive amounts of things that move in them.
A_Seddy
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2020 5:05:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL;1662108 wrote:

Have you guys done a thread yet to EXCATELY what WILL & WILL NOT be staying in rlc as of the end of the year?? Since all i can find from ANY rlc staff is ALL flash will not work!!! Well to me flash is anything that moves in world. So is there an EXACT information yet of exactly what will still be working at the end of the month?? If yes can someone link it please for i missed that thread if not can RLC STAFF please break it down to exactly what we have to fix and how to fix prior to the break in less than 3 week?? since there are lots of homes and business that have massive amounts of things that move in them.

You can find that out very easily here: https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Scripts
Just two of them will stop to work (they both contain the name "Flash" ) and they are worlds away from covering "anything that moves in world" Wink