Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
McDonald's McRib Sandwich Is Returning Nationwide for the First Time in 8 Years
Dr_Sean_Davis
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 4:14:55 PM(UTC)

El Paso judge, mayor face off over legality of coronavirus shutdown order
In Florida, voters of color and young voters have had ballots flagged for…
People logoMcDonald's McRib Sandwich Is Returning Nationwide for the First Time in 8 Years

Mark your calendars — the McRib sandwich is returning to McDonald's.

a close up of a sandwich sitting on top of a table: David Paul Morris/Getty© Provided by People David Paul Morris/Getty
The fast-food chain announced the return of the favorite McRib sandwich on Twitter this morning. "Good morning to everyone who asked how I was doing last week and to everyone else...McRib is back 12.2," McDonald's tweeted.

a close up of a sandwich sitting on top of a table: The fast-food chain made the announcement on Twitter this morning© David Paul Morris/Getty The fast-food chain made the announcement on Twitter this morning
The McRib has made appearances at select locations across the country in recent years, but this time the sandwich will be available nationwide starting December 2 — for the first time since 2012.

The meal — which first debuted debut in 1981 — is filled with boneless pork coated in barbecue sauce, and served with onions and a sliced pickles on a hoagie-style bun.

Video: The McRib, McDonald's fan favorite barbecue sandwich is making a comeback very soon (USA TODAY)

Pause
Current Time 0:04

RELATED: McDonald's Is Once Again Bringing Back Its Famous McRib Sandwich

The news had some fans freaking out on Twitter. One person tweeted "2020 isn’t all bad then!" But for others, the McRib is not enough: other users began questioning when some past forgotten items would be coming to the menu — like pizza and fajitas.

RELATED: McDonald's Launches New J Balvin Meal and It Comes with a Free McFlurry — Here's How to Get It

While we wait for the McRib's highly anticipated return, you can grab a J Balvin meal at McDonald's before it's gone for good on November 1.

Earlier this month, Colombian reggaeton singer teamed up with McDonald's to bring his signature order to the masses. He is only the third celebrity, after Travis Scott and Michael Jordan, to have a meal named after him.

J Balvin's meal consists of a Big Mac sandwich, medium-size fries with ketchup, and an Oreo McFlurry. Fans who order through the McDonald's app instead of in-store will receive the Oreo McFlurry for free.

https://www.msn.com/en-u...r-BB1ayi8y?ocid=msedgdhp

Ready for McRib fix get ready Grin
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
1 user thanked Dr_Sean_Davis for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 12/3/2020(UTC)
SinSizzle
#2 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 4:57:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:

I think its the fast-food equivalent of a Cuban cigar... about as bad for your health, and about as hard
for some people to turn down...Wink

McDonald's is experiencing falling sales problems, hence all the new items and specials being rolled out.
They are about 2 steps away from sending out the cashier girl to do hand jobs or blowjobs on drivers in the drive-thru
lanes that want one...Rolleyes

"Would you like a big mac scented tit to suck on while you wait?"...both Bill Clinton and Trump would be repeat customers then...

SinSizzled'oh!
Long Live Democracy...Long Live a Free Press.
Best Show Ever ....LOCK HIM UP!!!....
2 users thanked SinSizzle for this useful post.
Fla_Lon on 10/30/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 10/31/2020(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#3 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 5:26:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SinSizzle Go to Quoted Post

I think its the fast-food equivalent of a Cuban cigar... about as bad for your health, and about as hard
for some people to turn down...Wink

McDonald's is experiencing falling sales problems, hence all the new items and specials being rolled out.
They are about 2 steps away from sending out the cashier girl to do hand jobs or blowjobs on drivers in the drive-thru
lanes that want one...Rolleyes

"Would you like a big mac scented tit to suck on while you wait?"...both Bill Clinton and Trump would be repeat customers then...

SinSizzled'oh!

If everyone would really research what a McRib is really is they would be sick.

Waiting for the new MC blow job while waiting lol Thank they would love the special sauce. Grin
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
Pig_PV
#4 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 7:35:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Play doh meat is still meat~ Reconstructed meat and we like it! Least its not pink slime or hot dogs~

Until covid hit mcdonalds had record net income just six months prior to March. Theyll make it but some others not so sure about. I prefer BK or wendys myself but I do love the Bic Mac.
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

Dr_Sean_Davis
#5 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 7:40:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pig_UB Go to Quoted Post
Play doh meat is still meat~ Reconstructed meat and we like it! Least its not pink slime or hot dogs~

Until covid hit mcdonalds had record net income just six months prior to March. Theyll make it but some others not so sure about. I prefer BK or wendys myself but I do love the Bic Mac.

check this out

The McDonald's McRib is back, hitting restaurants nationwide today. The legendary boneless pork sandwich, famously molded to resemble a rack of ribs, is both a feat of modern engineering and shrewd marketing.

It garners almost as much attention for its pseudo-meat shape as its impermanence on restaurant menus.

The barbecue-sauce-smothered sandwich was supposed to return at the end of October, but was pushed back to help boost end-of-the-year sales.

Better late than never.

1. The McRib came about because of a shortage of chickens.

In a 2009 interview with Maxim, Rene Arend, McDonald's first executive chef and inventor of the Chicken McNugget, explains that the McNugget was so popular when it was first introduced in 1979 that demand quickly outstripped chicken supply.

The legendary pork sandwich was developed out of necessity. Franchises that didn't have the Chicken McNugget needed a new hot-selling product — and that's when Arend scrambled back to the test kitchen.

2. The McRib was inspired by Southern BBQ.

Rene Arend modeled the McRib after the barbecue-sauce-slathered pork sandwiches he ate during a visit to Charleston, South Carolina.

The decorated French-trained chef, who once whipped up fancy culinary creations for the Drake Hotel, is also credited with coming up the unique shape of the sandwich.

Although the McRib doesn't contain a single bone, Arend suggested the meat be patterned after a slab of ribs instead of the classic round patty.

3. The McRib is a product of "restructured meat technology."

Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

4. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes.

Director of McDonald's U.S. supply chain Rob Cannell explained how regular pig gets transformed into the famed McRib in an interview with Maxim: "The McRib is made in large processing plants—lots of stainless steel, a number of production lines, and these long cryogenic freezers. The pork meat is chopped up, then seasoned, then formed into that shape that looks like a rib back. Then we flash-freeze it. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes."

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

6. The McRib debuted in 1981, disappeared in 1985, and has resurfaced from time-to-time since 1994.

Depending on where you read, McDonald's introduced the boneless pork sandwich sometime between 1981 and 1982. The fast-food concoction vanished in 1985, only to reappear as a limited-edition item in 1994.

The McRib has become something of a legend for its on-and-off appearances on McDonald's menus. The fleeting nature of the sandwich has generated a cult-like following.

7. Individual restaurants can actually order the ingredients for the McRib at any time.

The McRib pops up at McDonald's locations across the country sporadically. It's so random because the individual restaurants are able to offer the McRib whenever they feel like it. The practice has even inspired websites devoted to tracking McRib availability across the nation.

8. McDonald's keeps the McRib scarce because the sandwich's entire brand relies on it.

McDonald's has always known about its customers' weird obsession for the sandwich, and its marketing completely leverages the McRib's scarcity. Take its "Save The McRib" campaign in 2010, where it encouraged McRib fans to go online and sign a petition to keep the sandwich around for a while longer.

But a strategy like that only works with something that's as popular as the McRib is. If you make an unknown item scarce, nobody's going to care.

9. It'd be incredibly difficult for McDonald's to create more McRib-esque products, because that cult-like following is so hard to replicate.

McRib lovers are fanatical, but it wouldn't be this way if the phenomenon hadn't had decades to marinate in the hearts and minds of its fans. A wholly devoted fanbase for a new product would take years to develop, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would work.

McDonald's struck gold with the McRib, and it doesn't want to do anything to affect its brand. Even now, by offering the McRib nationwide twice just a year apart, it's walking a fine line. At what point will consumers get sick of it?

10. There's also speculation that the McRib is really just a big commodity trade by McDonald's.

The Awl's Willey Staley argues that whenever the sandwich springs up, hog prices are almost always in a trough.

Here's more of his argument on why McDonald's behaves like a trader: "Fast food involves both hideously violent economies of scale and sad, sad end users who volunteer to be taken advantage of. What makes the McRib different from this everyday horror is that a) McDonald’s is huge to the point that it’s more useful to think of it as a company trading in commodities than it is to think of it as a chain of restaurants b) it is made of pork, which makes it a unique product in the QSR world and c) it is only available sometimes, but refuses to go away entirely."

11. Animal rights group sues McRib meat supplier over inhumane treatment of pigs.

Not everyone is ecstatic about the return of the McRib. Last November, the Humane Society of the United States filed a lawsuit against Smithfield Foods, the pork supplier of McDonald's McRib meat, claiming the meat distributor houses its pigs in unethical farm conditions.

A 2010 undercover investigation by the animal rights group shows pigs crammed into gestation crates covered in blood and baby pigs being tossed into carts like rag dolls (WARNING: the video contains some pretty graphic content).

https://finance.yahoo.co...d-s-mcrib-170212930.html

LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
Fla_Lon
#6 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 7:52:21 PM(UTC)

SG probably eating one as we post!

SweetGuy
#7 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 8:27:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Fla_Lon Go to Quoted Post

Nope sadly. They won't go live until December, but I might have screamed out loud in excitement when I read the news yesterday.

2 users thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Fla_Lon on 10/30/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 12/3/2020(UTC)
LadyEilowny_MM
#8 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 9:18:37 PM(UTC)

Location: With my husband of course. Duh! NB: To err is human, to purr, feline - Robert Bryne
Originally Posted by: SweetGuy Go to Quoted Post

Nope sadly. They won't go live until December, but I might have screamed out loud in excitement when I read the news yesterday.

Might have? I heard you alllllll the way up here!Grin
My opinion is my own & as such does not reflect on anyone but me.

Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it

Pig_PV
#9 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 9:35:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SEAN_DAVIS Go to Quoted Post

check this out

I dont think anyone has the slightest inkling that this is healthy by any means lol I guess maybe if you're dee, dee dee~ I already been eating the fuck out of restructured meats because Subway has their own version and its great! Dozens of people on here work at subway even if they're all the same person!! Bawahaha~

Eat Fresh just sounds odd to say about the BBQ Rib!~ But we love restructured meats!

Blast from the past~

Pete Buttigieg 2024!

Pig_PV
#10 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 9:37:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Still cant touch my CPE Pulled Pork Sandwiches! CPE Rules~

Pete Buttigieg 2024!

LadyEilowny_MM
#11 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 9:45:06 PM(UTC)

Location: With my husband of course. Duh! NB: To err is human, to purr, feline - Robert Bryne

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG! Share your pork with me lol

Pig_PV
#12 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 10:05:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: LadyEilowny_MM Go to Quoted Post

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG! Share your pork with me lol

You're dirty~
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

SweetGuy
#13 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 10:06:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:

check this out

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

While added chemicals is always something to be aware of, it's not always a bad thing. People automatically think it's bad if they see chemicals listed or even mentioned. They fail to realize that all food consists of many chemicals.

If people saw these listed in the ingredients list, they may be concerned. Acetic acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, and dihydrogen monoxide. They sound scary and troublesome, but really they are perfectly safe: Acetic acid (vinegar), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium chloride (salt), dihydrogen monoxide (water). All of those ingredients are used not only for food, but also for cleaning supplies, pest control, teeth whitening, and tons more things. So just because it's used in one application doesn't mean it's not safe for others.

Another concerning ingredient is cellulose, which is often taken from wood pulp or something similar. Many gasps at that and think it's bad, yet fail to realize that cinnamon is simply tree bark from specific types of trees. Tea is just boiled tree leaves.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Dr_Sean_Davis on 10/31/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#14 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 10:10:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Fla_Lon Go to Quoted Post

Ribs might be your kryptonite SG, but ribs can be a good thing. Smile

Chris Rock was a Parking Valet in Beverly Hills Cop II and some uncredit TV show extra work before 1988 when Ribs or the one Rib scene got him noticed enough in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka to get a spot on SNL. BUT Chris Rock got fired from SNL for doing work with Dave Chappelle in your meme on Living Color. Yep ribs never hurt anyone, Chris Rock's net worth is slightly more than Chappelle at $60 million. Not bad pay for bringing Love and Laughter to the world. Ribs are a good thing.

Peace
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
1 user thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 12/3/2020(UTC)
LadyEilowny_MM
#15 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 10:20:58 PM(UTC)

You're dirty~

Cheesy Always

Dr_Sean_Davis
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:50:09 AM(UTC)

check this out

While added chemicals is always something to be aware of, it's not always a bad thing. People automatically think it's bad if they see chemicals listed or even mentioned. They fail to realize that all food consists of many chemicals.

If people saw these listed in the ingredients list, they may be concerned. Acetic acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, and dihydrogen monoxide. They sound scary and troublesome, but really they are perfectly safe: Acetic acid (vinegar), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium chloride (salt), dihydrogen monoxide (water). All of those ingredients are used not only for food, but also for cleaning supplies, pest control, teeth whitening, and tons more things. So just because it's used in one application doesn't mean it's not safe for others.

Another concerning ingredient is cellulose, which is often taken from wood pulp or something similar. Many gasps at that and think it's bad, yet fail to realize that cinnamon is simply tree bark from specific types of trees. Tea is just boiled tree leaves.

That what make many things taste so good are chemicals lol Looking forward for the release of them again grab couple a week till they gone again. Oh don't forget the large coke and now basket of fries to go with it. Grin
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
Dr_Sean_Davis
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:52:04 AM(UTC)

check this out

I dont think anyone has the slightest inkling that this is healthy by any means lol I guess maybe if you're dee, dee dee~ I already been eating the fuck out of restructured meats because Subway has their own version and its great! Dozens of people on here work at subway even if they're all the same person!! Bawahaha~

Eat Fresh just sounds odd to say about the BBQ Rib!~ But we love restructured meats!

Blast from the past~

That what make it so good don't forget the large coke and basket of fries too have plenty of napkins too lol Grin
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
SweetGuy
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 7:05:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The day has come.

Dr_Sean_Davis
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 7:48:50 PM(UTC)

LOL SG how many did you order today. Me bought 2 this afternoon then went back bought 2 more. Grin
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
SweetGuy
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 12:04:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I ordered 8 total, but 2 are for the mini-me. I always order a few meals worth, so I generally spread them out 2 per setting and generally over 2-3 days.