Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages123>»
A Cannabis Thread
Fla_Lon
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:28:06 AM(UTC)

The Cannabis Thread.

I have been weighing whether to create a thread about cannabis and also where to put it. Not sure the science category is specifically appropriate but often feel the discussion around cannabis relates very much with health and mental aspects along with the frequently discussed recreational use.

I didn't want to necessarily muddy up General Discussion nor get lost in wasteland and N&P and culinary can be discussed here along with morality issues that would fall under Religion & Philosophy.

With cannabis talk, pics and references to it being scattered about in the forums and basically lost I felt one thread may help consolidate a few of those talking points, pics, stories etc into one thread to enjoy and hopefully learn a little bit from.

So looking forward to input from all those that want to contribute.

Become Fluent in Cannabis Sublinguals

By J. Fergus Published On 01/11/2020

As we enter this new era where weed is a wellness thing, sublinguals are on everyone’s tongue -- or under, as the case may be. They’re the DL alternative to edibles and vaping. Although stigmas over cannabis are breaking down every day, many people want to keep their usage to themselves. Maybe you live with family or in an apartment building with a strict manager or, ahem, nosy neighbors, so you don’t want to light up. But discretion isn’t the only perk.

So what are sublinguals, and how do they work?

The word sublingual may sound like something out of a humanities course catalog for an obscure ecological phenomenon, but it simply means something placed under your tongue, where it dissolves immediately. In fact, that’s all this term means, under the tongue. Our mouths’ mucous membranes are quite permeable, which makes them a rapid delivery system for substances. If you’ve ever had one of those extremely potent Listerine PocketPack strips, you have an idea of what a sublingual is. When it comes to cannabis, a sublingual acts in the same way.

Generally strips or little tablets, these magical weed-delivery systems help cannaisseurs steer clear of smoke, but also take effect faster than edibles and tincture-infused drinks (though you can take some tinctures sublingually). You’ll typically feel the effects of sublinguals within 15 to 30 minutes, compared with edibles, which take closer to 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the ingredients. Smoking and vaping are, of course, almost instantaneous.

Also unlike edibles, sublinguals bypass the gastrointestinal tract where enzymes can transform delta-9 THC (the primary active ingredient of cannabis) before you absorb it, converting it into 11-hydroxy THC, which is more psychoactive. That’s why your bad trips are more likely to result from edibles rather than from smoking or vaping.

Sublinguals get around this by dissolving in your mouth, avoiding the breakdown, and giving you a more controllable high. You usually get an "I can still do things and I'm feeling really lovely about it" high with sublinguals (sleep aid-type varieties are the obvious exception here). It’s a similar vibe to vaping, but with an often slightly heightened body high, though that varies by factors like dose and brand.

Cannabis sublinguals allow for dosing control in addition to their speedy efficacy. For example, Kin Slips, a popular California brand, come in microdoses of 5 milligrams per strip or standard 10-milligram doses, with various formulations that all have different intended effects (energizing, relaxing, pain-relieving, etc.). dosist, known for its medicinal, single-use vape pens, recently got into the sublingual business with its “dose dial” devices. The dial dispenses one dissolvable 3.7-milligram tablet at a time (the dials come with 30 tablets). Colorado-based SUM Microdose makes a similar product, sublingual tablets with a maximum 2.5 milligrams of THC.

Part of why companies offer lower potency sublinguals isn't just for harm reduction; it's also because it’s hard to pack a standard 10-milligram dose or more into a little strip without getting a strong taste. Lower-dose strips taste more like mint (or other flavoring) and less like cannabis. That being said, the flower taste of a 10-milligram sublingual is comparable to a strong edible. Sublingual tinctures offer the least pleasant mouthfeel, but that's mostly because they're often oil-based for better absorption. In the case of sublingually-applied tinctures, however, you get the benefit of feeling like a mad scientist using the little dropper to deliver a mellow high.

In general, as long as the sublingual product is placed under your tongue (not on the top), you should feel the effects within 15 minutes. Flavors vary from brand to brand, but they tend to taste either fruity or minty, so a final word of warning: don’t confuse the latter with your mouthwash strips!

https://www.thrillist.co...nabis-thc-strips-tablets

Pluush_Puussy
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:17:16 PM(UTC)

This is my most recent photo- a few days ago.

Double Dutch Soda
White Fire OG
Strawberry Cough
Pineapple Express
Mango
Strawberry Lemonade
Fruit Punch
Venom OG
Cotton Candy Kush

I don't smoke it for medical reasons, except to keep my head in place because of chronic pain. I also have 10.5G of Blueberry Slumber to make myself pass out if it goes way way over the top.

24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
1 user thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
Fla_Lon on 1/21/2020(UTC)
HermanS
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:25:08 PM(UTC)

And you never offer to share...

1 user thanked HermanS for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 1/21/2020(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:30:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: HermanS Go to Quoted Post

Grin

HermanS on 1/21/2020(UTC)
Pig_PV
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:15:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

bogart
[ˈbōɡärt]
VERB
bogarting (present participle)

selfishly appropriate or keep (something, especially a lit marijuana cigarette).
"don't bogart that joint, my friend"
synonyms:
monopolize · keep to oneself · dominate · take over · corner · control
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

1 user thanked Pig_PV for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 1/21/2020(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:18:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pig_UB Go to Quoted Post

Grin Grin Grin Grin

bogart
[ˈbōɡärt]
VERB

selfishly appropriate or keep (something, especially a lit marijuana cigarette).
synonyms:

I think I kinda like these word choices!

Pig_PV
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:35:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm this old!

Pete Buttigieg 2024!

2 users thanked Pig_PV for this useful post.
LadyKatzen on 1/21/2020(UTC), Fla_Lon on 1/21/2020(UTC)
Fla_Lon
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:55:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pluush_Puussy Go to Quoted Post

Grin Grin Grin Grin

bogart
[ˈbōɡärt]
VERB

synonyms:

I think I kinda like these word choices!

Don’t Bogart That Joint

Fraternity of Man

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been hangin' onto it
And I sure would like a hit

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Rooooooooll another one
Just like the other one
That one's burned just 'bout to the end
So comon and be a real friend

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Songwriters: Elliot Ingbar and Larry Wagner

MidnightFairy
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:50:24 PM(UTC)

Grin I was debating about creating a thread about addiction. Not saying everyone that smokes cannabis has an addiction problem. Just it's cannabis that is the bane of my partner's life and therefore inflicted upon me. He's completely addicted and spends money he doesn't have to keep up with his addiction Sad

In saying that I do understand in moderation cannabis can have positive effects.
Originally Posted by: RedBaby_ Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me...

That you get back from this forum (and from most forms of communication) exactly what you put it into it...
...In other words if you TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for how you post and present yourself in a way that respects others, then you will get that back, respect from others.

1 user thanked MidnightFairy for this useful post.
Fla_Lon on 1/21/2020(UTC)
HermanS
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:54:15 PM(UTC)

I'm this old!

All the way up to 4oz?

Fla_Lon
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:48:24 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MidnightFairy Go to Quoted Post
Grin I was debating about creating a thread about addiction. Not saying everyone that smokes cannabis has an addiction problem. Just it's cannabis that is the bane of my partner's life and therefore inflicted upon me. He's completely addicted and spends money he doesn't have to keep up with his addiction Sad

In saying that I do understand in moderation cannabis can have positive effects.

Hey Mids you trouble maker you, {"I was debating about creating a thread about addiction"} Grin
I welcome any discussion here especially personal experience of any aspect of cannabis use including it's negative impacts in a persons life as I described in the OP. "the discussion around cannabis relates very much with health and mental aspects"

1 user thanked Fla_Lon for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 1/22/2020(UTC)
Fla_Lon
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:55:28 PM(UTC)

I'm this old!

All the way up to 4oz?

Back in the day I favored these scales. They just seemed a bit more accurate in it's reference to grams and was a Postal style scale which i feel added some legitimacy to the scale's accuracy.

Anything past a cpl ounces required a Triple Beam back in the day and we always knew who had one Wink

Fla_Lon
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:13:28 PM(UTC)

On the left is Fairy Godmother (Hybrid) - smelled fruity with heavy earthen tones, think dank applies here for sure.

Right is Citral Glue (Sativa) - looked almost the same as FG but smelled more like an orange pine mix.

Both smoke well and taste as described.

1 user thanked Fla_Lon for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 1/22/2020(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:25:27 PM(UTC)

I would like to try the Citral Glue.

Fla_Lon on 1/24/2020(UTC)
Fla_Lon
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:32:21 PM(UTC)

Fla_Lon
#16 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 11:25:32 AM(UTC)

The Citral Glue had a nice uplifting head high with a little body buzz.
The FG was much more of a body buzz but energizing at 1st and then some sedation starts kicking in. Nice a cpl hours b4 bedtime.

Pluush_Puussy
#17 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 3:52:00 PM(UTC)

Pig_PV
#18 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 8:10:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Pluush_Puussy Go to Quoted Post

Bought and paid for by the Christ Cunts. Looking back at Nancy Cunt Reagan and the rest of them its so so funny how they tried SO hard to bad mouth pot but failed miserably. The should remove Class 1 status on the cunts birthday.
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

Fla_Lon
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:42:17 AM(UTC)

Sex with a nice little buzz going? Oh Yes, for sure. ThumpUp

I haven't tried edibles before but being somewhat of a light weight smoker I would need to start at the micrdosing levels as described in the article. I have known several people that have done edibles and a one said they basically curled up in a fetal position and went to sleep.

Once you eat that edible there is basically no going back when the effects start kicking in.
My MJ Dr did tell me and if you read up on it if you find yourself experiencing "MJ overdose panic/anxiety" or just not right in general that having a CBD product preferably oral drops are known to counter some of the anxiety some experience with certain cannabis strains.

Marijuana Is a Great Sex Enhancement, But Microdosing Is Key

New study analyzes whether cannabis can help women overcome sexual issues.

By
Mike Adams
Published on January 24, 2019

If you asked couples on the cannabis scene whether getting high enhances their sexual experiences, the results would inevitably turn out mostly in favor of incorporating weed in the boudoir. Some men believe the herb gives them rockstar stamina and for women, cannabis consumption before sex is often the key to relaxing. Cannabis has also been shown to help women who have difficulty achieving orgasm find one while intensifying them for others. But there have also been reports of marijuana hindering sexual performance.

There is indeed a mixed bag of evidence out there on the subject mostly because science really hasn’t made any new development on the topic for the past few decades.

But more research is being done, and it all points to promise for pot and sex.

Dr. Becky Kaufman Lynn, a gynecologist and professor at the Saint Louis University medical school, recently conducted a small study in hopes of getting to the bottom of whether marijuana could help more women enjoy sex. She wanted the ability to provide her patients with definitive evidence when asked if smoking marijuana might assist them in overcoming their sexual issues – something she says happens a lot.

The results of the study, which were published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, found that most women who smoked marijuana prior to sex had a more pleasurable experience than those who did not. Only one of the respondents reported a less pleasurable experience on weed.

“The majority of women [who said that they mixed sex and cannabis] said that the sexual experience was improved, orgasms were improved, the libido was improved, pain was improved, and lubrication really didn’t change,” Dr. Lynn said in an interview with Global News. “There are a variety of ideas as to why. One is that it lowers your anxiety and stress, it gives you a little bit more confidence in your sexual ability. Or it may slow down your perception of time and heighten sensation.”

But there is a trick to using marijuana to achieve this apex of slobbering lust, and it is “less is more.” Although it may be a couple’s first impulse to get completely ripped out of their gourds on the ganja before jumping into the sack, this is more likely to ruin the moment. Medical professionals say that massive doses of marijuana have a way of getting individuals locked up inside their own heads – they start to focus on all the wrong things — which makes it less possible for them to let go of their inhibitions.

What’s more is high doses of weed can make it more difficult for men to perform, contributing to temporary bouts of erectile dysfunction. This is why cannabis edibles may not be the best choice for a couple looking to explore the effects of weed in the bedroom. The “unpredictable” nature of these products (especially without proper instruction) can make them more of a hindrance to sexual enhancement than simply taking a hit or two of raw cannabis or a vaporizer.

Yet, edible cannabis products can make it easier for a couple to microdose, which is optimal for sexual benefit. People in the know recommend that a first-time couple should start with 2.5 milligrams or less. After some time, they’ll get a feel for what works and what doesn’t. Some experts say trying various strains is also essential. “I recommend experimenting with a small amount of indica strains, sativa strains and a hybrid of both to see what works best,” said Nick Karras, sexologist and author of “The Passionate High: A Guide to Using Cannabis For Better Sex and Creativity.”

Even with the scant evidence on marijuana and sex, it makes sense that the herb has the power to increase sexual pleasure. Sex therapist Lawrence Siegel told CNN last year that “tetrahydrocannabinol — the cannabinoid THC — appears to target a part of our brain associated with sexual arousal, at least in females,” which is more than half the battle when it comes to taking boot-knocking action to the next level.

But it is also important to understand that there are a wealth of other variables that determine whether a couple has great sex or not. Although sex experts say women have as many dirty thoughts as their male counterparts, they still need certain things from their chosen mates for those naughty notions to become motivation. It doesn’t matter how stoned you get the misses, if you’re an insensitive jerk most of the time, continually putting the weight of the world on her while you go off and play video games, no strain on Earth can help you. Start with a little appreciation and affection that isn’t so obviously a ploy to get laid and the rest stands a better chance of falling in place.

Remember, cannabis can be a sexual enhancement, but it is no substitution for the connection that a healthy relationship provides.

TELL US, do you think cannabis can aide in an improved sexual experience?

https://cannabisnow.com/...JPkbPzQQPgN5EoohPNPxGPHc

Kng_Lucifer
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 5:57:43 PM(UTC)

Just seen now there a new type of weed coming from the border called Crude oil used for vape and eatables.
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/bY6JNdD7/2778585103b41eb2360764a85843fbbead5384c5.jpg[/img

1 user thanked Kng_Lucifer for this useful post.
Fla_Lon on 1/30/2020(UTC)