Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
The file format of MYINFO.INI file....Unicode?
Frandajo_VOS
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:40:38 PM(UTC)

I notice that the file size of the MYINFO.INI file is double the number of characters.

So I am wondering what it's format is: UTF-16LE at a guess?

Or is this an artifact of the file being resident on my Dell Precision M90 (Core Duo, 64-bit?) laptop? I know I'm running 32-bit Perl on it as the 64-bit Perl will not install.

I'd like to parse the MYINFO.INI with Perl for line-item changes to do things like kick off shoes for sex and put the same ones on again at the click of a mouse.

I'll add that feature to my closet program once I stumble through parsing it in Perl. The rest of that in Perl is easy. But the file format is stumping me. I can un-do Unicode easily by stripping out null chars with regex. But darned if I can manage to write it out properly.

I've spent two days on this already. So can any RLC guru confirm for me please, whether the MYINFO.INI file is UTF-16LE Unicode...or what exactly? And can any real Perl guru give me pointers on the writing of Unicode in WinXP. I confess to being a Unix person at heart.  Fran is also still partly blond. Help?

Thanks,

Fran
Tony
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:20:24 AM(UTC)

It is unicode so that RLC can use non-latin alphabets. You can use wordpad to edit.