Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to send a bulletin
Beth_Babe
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:11:54 PM(UTC)

I know to all of you this question is so simple. I'm glad someone gets it. I've never sent a bulletin out. I know what I want to send, the message. And I put is in box and hit Submit. But all that gets sent is a link that takes the reader to my profile. I've tried twice. I'd really rather not try a third which would only confirm how naive and possible dummber than a box of rocks I am/. So if any of you can dumb it down enough to help me, I would forever be in your debt. This is supposed to be a regular bulletin. Not an Event or Wedding just a party. Regular vanilla bulletin. ( and now that I'm totally embarrassed I think I'll find a hole and crawl in )

Thanks in advance. As a noob I thoroughly expect to be mercilessly teased or stronger. That's ok as long as I get this bulletin out , fire away.
Silesa
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:22:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Beth_S;1604298 wrote:
I know to all of you this question is so simple. I'm glad someone gets it. I've never sent a bulletin out. I know what I want to send, the message. And I put is in box and hit Submit. But all that gets sent is a link that takes the reader to my profile. I've tried twice. I'd really rather not try a third which would only confirm how naive and possible dummber than a box of rocks I am/. So if any of you can dumb it down enough to help me, I would forever be in your debt. This is supposed to be a regular bulletin. Not an Event or Wedding just a party. Regular vanilla bulletin. ( and now that I'm totally embarrassed I think I'll find a hole and crawl in )

Thanks in advance. As a noob I thoroughly expect to be mercilessly teased or stronger. That's ok as long as I get this bulletin out , fire away.

You are not dumb and brave to try new things

i suggest you google html generator

Visit those sites like https://html-online.com/editor/ and try pasting some of the code into the submit text box

You can also google Youtube html code generator

Get it to look more like you want and you can delete any text that links back to the code website.

THEN do a TEST bully if it is not what you expected simply hurry up and delete it from the bully list

Thanks for sharing in the forums Beth

Peace
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Cougar on 10/14/2019(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 10/15/2019(UTC)
Beth_Babe
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:58:24 PM(UTC)

Thank you Silesa. I'm gonna look into HTML. At least that's a something I think I do right now .

Thanks again
1 user thanked Beth_Babe for this useful post.
Cougar on 10/14/2019(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#4 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 7:17:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:

You an use simple html coding and the site that Silesa posted looks pretty easy to use.

If you are looking for something more involved (if you decide to have several bulletins: you can always get a free profile on Wix.com and create html pages and also have an Iframe which gives a repost code.

The current creative ability on Wix aren't as fancy as the old flash ones; but I'm sure as more people create html flash-like animations, that wix will come up with some good add ons for special effects.

I know many use word press (way beyond my skill) and other places to create bulletins. I find wix the easist to use.

A sample bulletin I created can be found here

Bulletin Created on Wix Site

You can add in images, and create a box html which will give you a clock, etc. Wix has instructions for all of that. Note the iframe code at the bottom of the bulletin link above; you will need to play around with the width and height.

Hope this helps some!
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
2 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Silesa on 10/14/2019(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 10/15/2019(UTC)
Pig_PV
#5 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 7:42:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I use a very out dated Front Page 2003 for HMTL bulletins. Obviously FP2003 is not the industry standard for creating web applications any more but the program itself for simple html snippets / bulletins works FLAWLESSLY. Unfortunately MS no longer offers a FP2003 download but it can be found all over the web if you poke around some of the sites that host outdated and older versions of software.

Only issue really is you have to host the HTML some place online for the I Frame to work, but that is not as hard as it sounds. Wix, while some like that I wouldnt use that in 300 years. Its just one big advertisement for Wix and str8 HTML will do the same thing Wix does with no issues at all. My thought is why use Wix when you can do it your self better?

So basically create the HTML page, host it, and then use I Frame to put into bulletin body.
Pete Buttigieg 2024!