Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
grabbing hold of a prop !
Plixton
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 5:47:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Which prop is it.....Dummy Model?
SaphyreRose
#2 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:33:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:

Some props are notoriously near impossible to "grab". Some that come to mind are curtains. In fact, I find you cannot click on them, you have to bring up the prop edit list inventory in world and go through it and find "curtains" and edit the prop that way. Seat panels - yuck ! lol

Another is flag_waving or pirate flag. You will need to go through the inventory list to "grab" this prop. Note the props in the list are not in traditional alphabetical order. I think they put them in alphabetical order in segments, as a new group of props were introduced.

About seat panels - omg - the most ridiculous method to use for seating. You can spend an hour trying to find the "seat panel". Perhaps that worked back in 2006 before there were other methods but it's just not the method to use today! In my thought, the best seating method to use is what SifuPeter introduced which is the wall method. It's easy to learn and always reliable, AND the "seat" is easy to click on and edit when you need to. It works for all seating...bar seating, 2nd level seating on free stands. You can find that method and also tools that SifuPeter lets members use (note, you cannot sell any tools from SifuPeter or "claim to be the author of"Wink in the Super Zaby How To List. It is below for your ease to find.

Look under the BIG red letters of topic,

Chairs, Beds, Bar Stools, Rug Sex

Zaby how to list click below

Super Zaby How to List

PFD is here for your convenience - copy and paste into web browser.

http://sifupetertools.co...tingInRLCTheEasyWay.pdf

I'd recommend checking out the Super Zaby how to list for how to's on topics for this and really many other things. Dusty put it together (and updates it) and collected resources from all over the forums and blogs from Staff, volunteers, and members. It's very resourceful.
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
6 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 9/3/2018(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/3/2018(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 9/3/2018(UTC), Playa_Designs on 9/3/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/3/2018(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/10/2018(UTC)
Playa_Designs
#3 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:54:21 PM(UTC)

SaphyreRose is right on. I'll add to the list of near impossible props to grab, those that are layered more than 4 props deep. You've likely noticed when clicking on a prop...no more than 4 are displayed at any time...that's the maximum. Priority of props displayed in your grab menu when it pops up are...Nearest, 2nd, 3rd and 4th nearest. You may very well be able to see lets say the 5th nearest but you just won't be able to grab it. Two solutions...move closer to the prop so it becomes 4th, 3rd or 2nd...or...Grab it from the master prop list. Oh yeah...sometimes changing your AVI size to "Micro" will help you grab props below floor levels (especially helpful when doing reflective floors) or props inside of props inside of props.

Cheers,
4 users thanked Playa_Designs for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/3/2018(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/3/2018(UTC), __Dusty__ on 9/3/2018(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/10/2018(UTC)
__Dusty__
#4 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 6:44:58 PM(UTC)

robert_time;1548578 wrote:
CONTROL OF YOUR GRABBING THE PROPS TO GET TO ITS PROPERTIES ? i am having rouble now when i decorate grabbing a hold on a prope to change its properties ? any suggestions ?

One other scenario aside from the ones mentioned by Rose and Playa is that if you place a prop and it is beyond the property boundary lines, you cannot grab it but must search the prop list to find the prop and grab it from there.

The ability to grab props only works within the property which is hardcoded and not beyond unless you are building outside of the boundaries.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 9/4/2018(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/10/2018(UTC)
robert_time
#5 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 11:22:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
thank you
1 user thanked robert_time for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor on 9/11/2018(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:42:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
__Dusty__;1548731 wrote:
robert_time;1548578 wrote:
CONTROL OF YOUR GRABBING THE PROPS TO GET TO ITS PROPERTIES ? i am having rouble now when i decorate grabbing a hold on a prope to change its properties ? any suggestions ?

One other scenario aside from the ones mentioned by Rose and Playa is that if you place a prop and it is beyond the property boundary lines, you cannot grab it but must search the prop list to find the prop and grab it from there.

The ability to grab props only works within the property which is hardcoded and not beyond unless you are building outside of the boundaries.

MR_LIX_ taught me a trick years ago on how to grab things beyond the boundary line:

INSIDE the boundary line, place a sign in front of your face, turn it backwards so that you're looking through on the invisible side. Click on the prop that is OUTSIDE the boundary line but click "through" the back of the sign.

To make it simpler..pretend the sign is a window that you're looking out of (the white side of the sign is turned towards the out-of-bounds prop). Place your cursor through the "window" and click on the out-of-bounds prop, then pull it back in.

It has worked every time for me and is a great time saver.

Thank you, Lix!!
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 10/15/2018(UTC)