Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
5 Pages123>»
Photobucket Extortion
Anna7
#1 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 1:42:29 PM(UTC)

Ok that is what it is.they offer 3 levels of plan but only the most expensive allows 3rd party hosting.

I dont do extortion !

so if any one out there has 3rd party hosting to recommend free or paid please post here to help all of

Photobuckets Victims
Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

4 users thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC), HermanS on 7/3/2017(UTC), Feline_Groovy_PR on 7/3/2017(UTC), SenaLee on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Prncs_ROS_CNV
#2 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 2:00:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Am I correct that all the layouts i bought or won are no good and the designers are not going to fix them for their customers
Anna7
#3 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 2:16:00 PM(UTC)

if the deco who created the layout and houses the textures has a premium PB account you should be fine.

if the dec used a free account or the 60 usd or 100 usd account they donot allow 3rd party hosting so those layouts will be affected

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
DJ_Deverial_SC
#4 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 2:49:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sunshine_WTMCR13 Go to Quoted Post
Am I correct that all the layouts i bought or won are no good and the designers are not going to fix them for their customers

I imagine that will depend on the decorator. Quite a few are trying to figure out the best way they can to get their properties restored, and to figure out the best way to help their clients if they can.
2 users thanked DJ_Deverial_SC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/1/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
Anna7
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 3:10:55 PM(UTC)

you know why it extortion ?

PB demands the 400 usd upfront there is no option to pay by month.

so basically they lock your textures from being hosted then demand 400 usd to restore hosting function.

extortion

3 users thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Poison__Apple on 6/30/2017(UTC), Cretox on 6/30/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/30/2017(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#6 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 3:50:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post
Ok that is what it is.they offer 3 levels of plan but only the most expensive allows 3rd party hosting.

I dont do extortion !

so if any one out there has 3rd party hosting to recommend free or paid please post here to help all of

Photobuckets Victims

Ive been using imgur.com, its free and have had no problems with it Smile
7 users thanked CinnamonSugar2 for this useful post.
Anna7 on 6/30/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 6/30/2017(UTC), gabria on 6/30/2017(UTC), Ricki_AMISTAD on 7/1/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/1/2017(UTC), Leynadd on 7/3/2017(UTC), Malloree on 7/3/2017(UTC)
DJ_Spookcat
#7 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 4:21:47 PM(UTC)

You can use Imgur and go to your properties and copy and paste the scripts to a Wordpad page then click on the script it when it opens the picture save it onto your computer then upload them to Imgur and add the new scripts to your properties so decorators may not be around anymore to do anything about the properties you have gotten from them
5 users thanked DJ_Spookcat for this useful post.
Anna7 on 6/30/2017(UTC), Sinful_Bliss on 6/30/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/1/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC), Leynadd on 7/3/2017(UTC)
Pryss_2
#8 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 4:46:35 PM(UTC)

https://www.4shared.com

Not sure about SWFs with them. Never used them for that.
4 users thanked Pryss_2 for this useful post.
Anna7 on 6/30/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/30/2017(UTC), x_xKirax_x on 6/30/2017(UTC), gabria on 6/30/2017(UTC)
Pig_PV
#9 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 5:08:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Cinnamon_Sugar_2 Go to Quoted Post

No one did with photobucket either for years~ Tomorrow that could change with imgur~ Just saying~
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

4 users thanked Pig_PV for this useful post.
Anna7 on 6/30/2017(UTC), Mrs_Andi_FWF on 6/30/2017(UTC), Violetta74 on 7/1/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
Sweetpea
#10 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 7:55:59 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I was sent this blog link

https://www.utherverse.c...amp;BlogOwnerId=91268632

I haven't tried it as I have no clue what it might do to my files. It doesn't make sense to me how it would work being photobucket is the one that put the restriction on the textures not RLC.

I am glad that the person that sent me this info, told me whose blog this was and I went and read the original blog. The first paragraph is a disclaimer and I am so glad that I didn't do this "fix"

Guess I'm back to replacing textures.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
Stevetriple_HoT
#11 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 8:03:33 PM(UTC)

House of Triple will be uploading layout textures (both wall and prop)to Uther 3D for use in past sold layouts. If any of our past clients have had any issues with paid layouts textures being FUBAR please contact Stevetriple_HoT in game or PM me here and I will try my best to provide a way for your textures to be recovered using Uther 3D links. Please note that a ray exchange will occur and terms will be different for paid layouts as opposed to layouts that were won.

Stevetriple_HoT

House of Triple Design and Decoration Showroom

vww://utherverse.vww/@84166/@528757
Lars_Crowley
#12 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 8:15:54 PM(UTC)

Well, I`ll be honest here ..... I maybe have only 1 or 2 pictures in my pb from long ago in there

And everything is in my zaby .. is A OK ..... no screw-ups yet, but darn it if did grrrrrrrrr.....
Sweetpea
#13 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 8:21:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kesha Go to Quoted Post
If you uploaded all your textures to your own server matching PB folder naming and had access to the text data containing your layout prop texture links, You could bulk edit the whole layout with a simple ctrl + h "replace all" Photobucket.com with otherserver.com. Tech Vols know how to access prop data.

How do I set up my own server?
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
Connemara_BBB
#14 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 11:07:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:

I dont do extortion !

Photobuckets Victims

Well, at first I had no issues with IMGUR, but they cant handle large filesBrick wall

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

Diddi_BFDesigns
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 12:04:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Connemara_BBB Go to Quoted Post

I dont do extortion !

Photobuckets Victims

Well, at first I had no issues with IMGUR, but they cant handle large filesBrick wall

How large files can they handle?

Hugs
Diddi
Quote:
Be yourself, everybody else is already taken

Gabe_JulianS
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 1:00:18 AM(UTC)

Hello everyone,

What a nasty surprise to go to his property and discover that all, (I said ALL) textures, from the ground to the sky, have disappeared !!
I was so upset!
At the beginning of the week, when I arrived, my textures had disappeared. I thought, maybe the architect who made the Layout, had used images, which are too much used. I did not understand what the inscription "3rd Party Hosting" meant ...
So, I've done it all again. I recorded each image one by one and then I put them back into my PB account one by one and applied to my property.
I would like to point out that it was a property I had had as a gift in a Christmas swagbag three years ago, or four years ago.
I finished all over again on Thursday night. I was happy. I was very happy. I had a profound sense of hard work. Loll I had put everything back, from grass to heaven. It took me time, but I was happy to find my property. Big error!
I arrive tonight (Friday), and disaster. Everything had disappeared again!
After research, I understood the problem.

This made thought of the hostage taking that Uvdeviant had made two years ago, with our clothes and textures .. It was not very nice.

A friend told me about the hosting site: postimage.org.
It's a free site. I did a test. I managed to put an image and apply it where it had disappeared in Red Light Center.
Hopefully this will help. I do not know quite, if he is very good. I made my account, I tried an image and it works.

Good luck and good luck to you.

Good day or good evening and good weekend.

P.S: If you see any errors in this text, it's because I use google translation to post here and I'm really sorry. Wink

Bonjour à tous,

Quelle mauvaise surprise d'aller dans sa propriété et de découvrir que toutes, (j'ai bien dit TOUTES) les textures, du sol au ciel, ont disparues !!
J'étais tellement énervé !
En début de semaine, en arrivant, mes textures avaient disparues. Je me suis dit, que peut-être l'architecte qui a fait le Layout, avait utilisé des images, qui sont trop utilisées. Je n'avais pas comprit ce que voulais dire l'inscription "3rd Party Hosting"...
Alors, j'ai tout refait. J'ai enregistré chaque image, une à une, puis je les aies remises dans mon compte PB une à une et appliquée dans ma propriété.
Je précise que c'est une propriété que j'avais eut en cadeau dans un swagbag de Noël il y a peut-être trois ans, ou quatre ans.
J'ai fini de tout refaire, jeudi soir. J'étais content. J'étais très content. J'avais le sentiment prodond du travail bien fait. loll J'avais tout remit, du gazon au ciel. Cela m'a prit du temps, mais j'étais content de retrouver ma propriété. Grossière erreur !
J'arrive ce soir, (vendredi), et désastre. Tout avait disparu de nouveau !
Après recherches, j'ai comprit le problème.

Cela fait pensé à la prise d'otage qu'avait fait Uvdeviant il y a deux ans, avec nos vêtements et textures.. Ce n'était pas très sympa.

Un ami m'a parlé du site d'hébergement : postimage.org.
C'est un site gratuit. J'ai fait un test. J'ai réussit à mettre une image et à l'appliquer là ou elle avait disparues dans Red Light Center.
En espérant que cela pourra vous aider. Je ne sais pas tout à fait, s'il est très bien. J'ai fais mon compte, j'ai essayé une image et cela fonctionne.

Bonne chance et bon courage à vous.

Bonne journée ou bonne soirée et bon week-end.

P.S: Si vous voyez des erreurs dans ce texte, c'est parce que j'utilise google traduction pour poster ici et j'en suis vraiment désolé. Wink
4 users thanked Gabe_JulianS for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/1/2017(UTC), Connemara_BBB on 7/1/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC), Elle_LF on 7/6/2017(UTC)
Pryss_2
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:19:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sweetpea25_ Go to Quoted Post
If you uploaded all your textures to your own server matching PB folder naming and had access to the text data containing your layout prop texture links, You could bulk edit the whole layout with a simple ctrl + h "replace all" Photobucket.com with otherserver.com. Tech Vols know how to access prop data.

You don't necessarily need your own server if your host allows folder/paths. I was able to change out all my properties awhile back just going down prop list just replacing the domain name. I did like 1 property a day 20-30 minutes each.

Could you maybe elaborate on this a lil bit please? Even though im not having the same issues everyone else is i still would like to do this while i dont have to as opposed to when i might have to. I would rather just be prepared ahead of time.
2 users thanked Pryss_2 for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/1/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
little_purr
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 6:44:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:

1) Server/Host
3.95 pr month
www.siteground.com

Drop and Drag files to your server using FTP client Filezilla.
https://filezilla-project.org/

Other than finding a less than puritanistic, semi anti adult matter site to host through, my issue has nothing to do with the topic. Looking at Filezilla, they have a server available, too.

Just, after creating an account at one place earlier just to find it's not what i need - a file host for the average, generally lazy away from work user doing nothing but 'creating' a handful of comments and, an occasional background image - would this work for me?

No more than i do this, i have an allergy to a monthly bill for something done solely for fun.
S&M
Sado - masochism
is inclusive of
BD
Bondage Discipline

which is a game shared by many,
regardless if you're in to D/s,
or not.
1 user thanked little_purr for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/3/2017(UTC)
Connemara_BBB
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 6:54:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Gabe_JulianS Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

What a nasty surprise to go to his property and discover that all, (I said ALL) textures, from the ground to the sky, have disappeared !!
I was so upset!
At the beginning of the week, when I arrived, my textures had disappeared. I thought, maybe the architect who made the Layout, had used images, which are too much used. I did not understand what the inscription "3rd Party Hosting" meant ...
So, I've done it all again. I recorded each image one by one and then I put them back into my PB account one by one and applied to my property.
I would like to point out that it was a property I had had as a gift in a Christmas swagbag three years ago, or four years ago.
I finished all over again on Thursday night. I was happy. I was very happy. I had a profound sense of hard work. Loll I had put everything back, from grass to heaven. It took me time, but I was happy to find my property. Big error!
I arrive tonight (Friday), and disaster. Everything had disappeared again!
After research, I understood the problem.

This made thought of the hostage taking that Uvdeviant had made two years ago, with our clothes and textures .. It was not very nice.

A friend told me about the hosting site: postimage.org.
It's a free site. I did a test. I managed to put an image and apply it where it had disappeared in Red Light Center.
Hopefully this will help. I do not know quite, if he is very good. I made my account, I tried an image and it works.

Good luck and good luck to you.

Good day or good evening and good weekend.

P.S: If you see any errors in this text, it's because I use google translation to post here and I'm really sorry. Wink

Bonjour à tous,

Quelle mauvaise surprise d'aller dans sa propriété et de découvrir que toutes, (j'ai bien dit TOUTES) les textures, du sol au ciel, ont disparues !!
J'étais tellement énervé !
En début de semaine, en arrivant, mes textures avaient disparues. Je me suis dit, que peut-être l'architecte qui a fait le Layout, avait utilisé des images, qui sont trop utilisées. Je n'avais pas comprit ce que voulais dire l'inscription "3rd Party Hosting"...
Alors, j'ai tout refait. J'ai enregistré chaque image, une à une, puis je les aies remises dans mon compte PB une à une et appliquée dans ma propriété.
Je précise que c'est une propriété que j'avais eut en cadeau dans un swagbag de Noël il y a peut-être trois ans, ou quatre ans.
J'ai fini de tout refaire, jeudi soir. J'étais content. J'étais très content. J'avais le sentiment prodond du travail bien fait. loll J'avais tout remit, du gazon au ciel. Cela m'a prit du temps, mais j'étais content de retrouver ma propriété. Grossière erreur !
J'arrive ce soir, (vendredi), et désastre. Tout avait disparu de nouveau !
Après recherches, j'ai comprit le problème.

Cela fait pensé à la prise d'otage qu'avait fait Uvdeviant il y a deux ans, avec nos vêtements et textures.. Ce n'était pas très sympa.

Un ami m'a parlé du site d'hébergement : postimage.org.
C'est un site gratuit. J'ai fait un test. J'ai réussit à mettre une image et à l'appliquer là ou elle avait disparues dans Red Light Center.
En espérant que cela pourra vous aider. Je ne sais pas tout à fait, s'il est très bien. J'ai fais mon compte, j'ai essayé une image et cela fonctionne.

Bonne chance et bon courage à vous.

Bonne journée ou bonne soirée et bon week-end.

P.S: Si vous voyez des erreurs dans ce texte, c'est parce que j'utilise google traduction pour poster ici et j'en suis vraiment désolé. Wink

Merci Bea coup, Ami! ThumpUp Smile Much appreciated!

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

little_purr
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 9:31:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: little_purr Go to Quoted Post

1) Server/Host
3.95 pr month
www.siteground.com

Drop and Drag files to your server using FTP client Filezilla.
https://filezilla-project.org/

Other than finding a less than puritanistic, semi anti adult matter site to host through, my issue has nothing to do with the topic. Looking at Filezilla, they have a server available, too.

Just, after creating an account at one place earlier just to find it's not what i need - a file host for the average, generally lazy away from work user doing nothing but 'creating' a handful of comments and, an occasional background image - would this work for me?

No more than i do this, i have an allergy to a monthly bill for something done solely for fun.

Having my own server is the nats ass. I drag whatever I want from the right side of my comp to filezilla on the left and now its on the server. The folders open as a favorite web page for quick access to pic URLS. It takes any file types any size. There is however a catch. For some reason that 3.95 goes up after a year. They got me with some antivirus crap and other Security options and I'm at about 7.95 a month now.

Is why i was wondering about the Filezilla client and server setup. Everything here says free:

If i was into making sexy Skittles and Juicyfruit mini dresses plus Zaby related stuff, i could see paying. But, with it being a max of 4 background changes and a handful of comments each month? Nahhhh.
S&M
Sado - masochism
is inclusive of
BD
Bondage Discipline

which is a game shared by many,
regardless if you're in to D/s,
or not.