Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
road surface for court floor
Mrs_TVegas
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:18:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
My friend and I are kind of stuck . we are trying to make a street out side of a club so he put a court floor.. Ww looked through props and could not find a regular street or road.. Can any one tell us how to get this done? We also want to do parking spots out front as well... Thank you in advance
LazTopCat
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:29:38 PM(UTC)

How I'd do it, would be lay the court floor... then use a plane for the road... I'd use pipes or something for curbs... set another plane or flat surface for the parking lot... Then I'd go out and take a picture of the street surface of the road in front of my house, take a pic of the cement surface of the curb, and take a pic of the surface of a parking lot at the store down the street... then use these pics as textures for your club street and parking lot.
(that way you know you own the textures)
I'm only an amateur deco type... I'm sure the real deco ppl can give you better ideas.

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/9/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 5/9/2017(UTC)
Mrs_TVegas
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:32:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you so much for the help
2 users thanked Mrs_TVegas for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/9/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 5/9/2017(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:53:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Laz is right about how to go about doing it but use one of the concrete blocks( I don't remember what the prop is called.) for the curbs. here is an example it is an unfinished project but it has a road and a parking lot. if this is what you are looking for or something similar then I will give you what help I can. turn around once you land and the parking lot will be behind you along with the road. feel free to explore the site. if you do explore be sure to use your mouse as well as your eyes lol. there are a few other ways to do it as well it depends on each situation

vww://utherverse.vww/@977872

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
2 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/9/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 5/9/2017(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:31:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Raven_HOG;1479643 wrote:
My friend and I are kind of stuck . we are trying to make a street out side of a club so he put a court floor.. Ww looked through props and could not find a regular street or road.. Can any one tell us how to get this done? We also want to do parking spots out front as well... Thank you in advance

Hello Raven,

this is a texture, I made me once for my Berlin Wall Exhibition as street texture.

Feel free to use it if you like it.

Kind regards, divingA

Light version

Dark version

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
elmerfudddaffy on 5/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:36:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
A you can find a variety of road surfaces on textures.com, many of them seamless.

For short road sections, try the Court Border prop, which tiles 1 x 5. For very long sections, try the Transpillar 01a prop. That is a square tube that tiles 1 by a whole bunch. For roads, flatten it to a plane. For your curbs, leave it a tube and apply a seamless concrete texture.

Good luck!

Joe
5 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 5/9/2017(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 5/9/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 5/31/2017(UTC)