Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
newbie with a walk/run question
x_FemmeFatale_x
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2016 8:19:50 PM(UTC)

hi guys. I'm very new to this. Just started this yesterday. I'm having a little trouble with my avatar. She has started running when I click on my mouse to move her forward. this just started tonight after I had to log out and then I logged back in a few minutes later. How do I get her to go back to walking? She looks like she is in a race to move anywhere and although comical, I prefer her to blend in with the others. at least in that respect. lol

thanks for any help you can offer
AR
__Dusty__
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2016 8:23:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ApolloniaRossi Go to Quoted Post
hi guys. I'm very new to this. Just started this yesterday. I'm having a little trouble with my avatar. She has started running when I click on my mouse to move her forward. this just started tonight after I had to log out and then I logged back in a few minutes later. How do I get her to go back to walking? She looks like she is in a race to move anywhere and although comical, I prefer her to blend in with the others. at least in that respect. lol

thanks for any help you can offer
AR

Hit your CTRL key to toggle between run/walk.

If you press F7 and open your settings or click the tools icon, then click the CONTROL tab, you will see what your keyboard keys will do regarding avatar/game/camera movement.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
4 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 10/6/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 10/6/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 10/6/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/7/2016(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:23:26 PM(UTC)

the welcome center has many many help topics in videos. many of the basic functions are explained there. on the top right of the screen is a circle that has a few other circles as well. if you click on the small wrench icon this is your settings. in it you will find which keys are assigned to do what functions.
in game : there is something called a quick bar, it has about 10 empty boxes on it. off to the right there is an arrow next to it there is a tiny ? if you click it it will tell you how to use that quick bar.
1 user thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 11/9/2016(UTC)
imi_jordan
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 3:23:45 PM(UTC)

Hi
You can contact Guides and other staff and volunteers who will help if they can.
To contact one who is in rlc at the time open your Friends List window (click the 'couple' icon, top right of screen.
Then hit the 'search' button at the top of the window that opens and select 'Staff/volunteers' button. Leave the search box empty and click the 'search' button.
This will give you a list of available staff/volunteers - right click on one and select 'private message' and ask your question in the chat box below.
Or .... just ask in room ... usually a helpful member who will be happy to help you.
Have fun Smile