Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Creating a swimming pool
Dana_Dahi
#1 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 12:20:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Does any one have the formula for creating a swimming pool. I have the water figured out but can't seem to get the dept for a pool.
Thanks,
Lexi
DurtyJay
#2 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 12:34:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
What are you wanting to do in the pool? I generally make mine where the water falls just under my boobies or right at the nipple line when my avatar (in medium size) is sitting.

If its just mainly for looks and your not going to have very many activities to do in the pool, like sitting/sex/tanning/etc, then I would say around your avatars hip when standing and in medium size.

Everyone does a lot of things differently, it really comes down to the way you like it what height you like the water at.

If you're wanting to swim in the pool, you can only swim on a swimmable foundation property.

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

1 user thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/3/2016(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:17:18 AM(UTC)

I see far too many pools where the depth is the same from one end to the other. Maybe it's only the UK but traditionally you have a shallow end and a deep end. So I start with the floor and basic sides with no deco on yet. Walk the floor and see where the head and/or waist is. I make the floor angled or dipped to suit the head and only a slight angle too so that the head is under water at the deep end. Once sorted I add tiles to the sides, maybe blueish. Different coloured tiles to the walkway (different from the pool sides and bigger tiles maybe) and benches. Ladders in the corners maybe with teleport clicks out of the pool to the sides, top of the ladders. An object with water pouring in maybe, a ring of water where the incoming water hits the surface. Some floating rings that rotate slowly, maybe a floating ball. Make the bottom of the pool have your name in it maybe. Little white or yellow floats at the shallow end for those new to swimming. Seating area for parents or tables and chairs + parasols for a poolside cafe or something. You can customise it as befits your imagination.

I try to imagine in my mind pools I have been to and recreate those. Some are fun pools and some are just for your own property so you might like a name in those at the bottom, where you would not in the fun pools. You need benches, what about poolside lockers? Showers to wash the chlorine off, foot trays with clean water in, before going to the dressing room where the proper washing showers are. Think like you do when you go to a real pool. Diving boards, high or springboards? Scenery through a window, maybe a garden effect, slightly misted windows. Anything that gives you the feeling you'd like to stay longer rather than oh it's another pool and walk on by. Maybe a wave pool with palm trees in and water chutes. A few towns here dumped pools and made these modern wave pools instead. With a deep end for the chutes and a seperate non wave pool that is shallow for those wanting a more relaxed area to swim and paddle in.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
3 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/3/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 5/3/2016(UTC), Trisomes on 5/4/2016(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 9:31:30 PM(UTC)

you need to pay a bunch of folks and get some shovels have them start digging. its the only fool proof way!!LOL LOL LOL LOL

so i have thought a bit about this and this may be viable solution.
you will need to create a collidable plane or floor of sorts. angle it downhill but not so steep you can not walk an avi uphill. i would say 10% slant. option 2 is create a level plane at one height and then another at a different height connecting the two with yet another based on a slant this way you would get a more realistic pool that has a deep end. for walls i would use a tile texture put on a 3d sign. i do not know how the swim would work may want to get with "elmerfud daffy" on that one. you could also add a trigger box for lighting within the pool. i would need more time to figure it out myself but it seems like a working idea.. just note all surfaces must be collidable except the water.