Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Have a curious question
elmerfudddaffy
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 8:18:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everybody. I have an interesting question and have not been able to get any definitive answers so I'm going to throw it out here and see what happens. First let me do some prefacing so that certain things are not brought up although they probably will be anyway lol.

I already know how to create a stream and have a hosting site that I use for it. I also know how to use the play music script to get it to play within the location. This is not what I am looking for. This will be used at the location but more as background and for one other attraction.

What I am doing is creating a museum for a famous comic duo who got their start in both Burlesque and Vaudeville. There will be 3 primary buildings: the primary topic museum in which I would like to have their routines playing, a building that helps to describe Burlesque in which I would like to have the sounds of burlesque playing, and finally a Vaudeville building where one can learn a little about vaudeville and hear some of the sounds of vaudeville.

Right here I should mention that I have quite a collection of the various tunes needed. approximately 50 of their routines, 20 tunes heard in burlesque houses of the time, and about 40 audio pieces from vaudeville(songs, music, comedy routines).

Sounds pretty straightforward doesn't it however the tricky part is that I don't want a "fixed stream" meaning one that plays the same tunes in the same order everytime. I would like for the stream to be a bit random. meaning that it has a playlist but whenever someone clicks on the sign or whatever prop I decide to get the sounds they get a random selection of the tunes.

I thought that maybe an autodj system might be the way to go but ive been informed that they are not designed for that type of use. An Iceware player has been suggested but I have not as yet looked into that very thouroughly.

Please know that I am fully prepared to create fixed streams for these builings but I'm leaving that as a no other option option.

I greatly appreciate any and all help/advice for realizing this.

Thanks
Elmerfudddaffy

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
__Dusty__
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 8:37:56 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: elmerfudddaffy Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody. I have an interesting question and have not been able to get any definitive answers so I'm going to throw it out here and see what happens. First let me do some prefacing so that certain things are not brought up although they probably will be anyway lol.

I already know how to create a stream and have a hosting site that I use for it. I also know how to use the play music script to get it to play within the location. This is not what I am looking for. This will be used at the location but more as background and for one other attraction.

What I am doing is creating a museum for a famous comic duo who got their start in both Burlesque and Vaudeville. There will be 3 primary buildings: the primary topic museum in which I would like to have their routines playing, a building that helps to describe Burlesque in which I would like to have the sounds of burlesque playing, and finally a Vaudeville building where one can learn a little about vaudeville and hear some of the sounds of vaudeville.

Right here I should mention that I have quite a collection of the various tunes needed. approximately 50 of their routines, 20 tunes heard in burlesque houses of the time, and about 40 audio pieces from vaudeville(songs, music, comedy routines).

Sounds pretty straightforward doesn't it however the tricky part is that I don't want a "fixed stream" meaning one that plays the same tunes in the same order everytime. I would like for the stream to be a bit random. meaning that it has a playlist but whenever someone clicks on the sign or whatever prop I decide to get the sounds they get a random selection of the tunes.

I thought that maybe an autodj system might be the way to go but ive been informed that they are not designed for that type of use. An Iceware player has been suggested but I have not as yet looked into that very thouroughly.

Please know that I am fully prepared to create fixed streams for these builings but I'm leaving that as a no other option option.

I greatly appreciate any and all help/advice for realizing this.

Thanks
Elmerfudddaffy

Are your tunes available on YouTube at all?

If so, you can create numerous playlists, all different, and placing them on props for different sounds.

You can code the YouTube playlist to embed which would work for each prop that you use.

This way, you do not need a stream but the prop would play the playlist to only that member and not everyone else.

Hope this helps.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
5 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 8/18/2015(UTC), SaphyreRose on 8/18/2015(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 8/18/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 8/18/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/22/2015(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:07:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks Dusty however to answer your question only a small number of the comedy routines of the duo are available on YouTube. As for the rest most of these are digitized from the original wax recordings were talking about tunes from 1909 - 1930 so they would not be available on YouTube except as more modern covers of the tunes and not at all in respect to some of the vaudeville comedy routines.

Elmerfudddaffy

1 user thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 8/18/2015(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:36:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Good morning,

In the past I used a program called CloudDJ from wavestreaming.com

You just upload your mp3 files and it can play random, designated play lists or you can even go live with such programs as virtual dj (which is the one I used)

I just checked the price and it currently starts $30 USD a month for that service.

If you're interested the url is: http://www.wavestreaming.com/cloud-dj

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton

Edit:

You may also try looking for a flash player that has the "shuffle" option.
I've found a good resource for such things to be http://www.activeden.net Just do a search for "shuffle"
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 8/18/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/18/2015(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 8/18/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:27:16 AM(UTC)

You can always upload the tracks to youtube for the playlist?
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/18/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/18/2015(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 8/18/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:54:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: elmerfudddaffy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Dusty however to answer your question only a small number of the comedy routines of the duo are available on YouTube. As for the rest most of these are digitized from the original wax recordings were talking about tunes from 1909 - 1930 so they would not be available on YouTube except as more modern covers of the tunes and not at all in respect to some of the vaudeville comedy routines.

Elmerfudddaffy

Same question:

Did you try to create a YouTube channel/account

(You need a Google/G mail account to create one)

and if all are permitted and uploaded (without infringing copyright),

then create a Playlist?

1 user thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
elmerfudddaffy on 8/18/2015(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:08:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks for the ideas and options. I do already have a YouTube account so I will need to check the copyright data. I think I'm OK on that for both the vaudeville and the burlesque stuff but not sure about the primary subjects routines, need to check on that if I go the YouTube route.

Elmerfudddaffy

2 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/18/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/21/2015(UTC)
Gwinnevere
#8 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2015 5:23:18 PM(UTC)

try this idea. create a youtube partner account..and break the streams down into other feeds. it is free unless this is a channel account. then the best idea i have is host it yourself with a separate feed..
1 user thanked Gwinnevere for this useful post.
elmerfudddaffy on 8/21/2015(UTC)