Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
my deco work disappears randonmly
Black_OG
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 4:15:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I make changes to a zaby, save the layout and intermittently when I return to the zaby, some of the work I had done is just gone! Has anyone else had this problem and is it an rlc glitch???
Hot_Liquor
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 4:39:53 PM(UTC)

If your region exceeds 700-800 props they may just stop loading.
5 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 6/26/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/26/2015(UTC), __Dusty__ on 6/27/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/27/2015(UTC), Black_OG on 6/27/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#3 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 9:17:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GeeSkies Go to Quoted Post
I make changes to a zaby, save the layout and intermittently when I return to the zaby, some of the work I had done is just gone! Has anyone else had this problem and is it an rlc glitch???

You must always save your deco work, once in a while!

(because when servers restart

or you perform a repair without saving your Layout,

you may loose some of the changes being made)

4 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Lucky_Strke on 6/26/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/26/2015(UTC), __Dusty__ on 6/27/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/27/2015(UTC)
Lucky_Strke
#4 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 9:20:03 PM(UTC)

might check your rules too see if have anyone else on your list that could open editor and delete them happens at times. give those rules to ones you trust

vww://utherverse.vww/@86540/@558478
5 users thanked Lucky_Strke for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 6/26/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/26/2015(UTC), __Dusty__ on 6/27/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/27/2015(UTC), fiamettaAblaze on 6/27/2015(UTC)
Christine_x
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:33:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _kesha_ Go to Quoted Post

Out of curiosity can you explain where the 700 - 800 props comes into the equation ?

4 users thanked Christine_x for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 6/27/2015(UTC), fiamettaAblaze on 6/27/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/27/2015(UTC), RandyKnight on 6/28/2015(UTC)
fiamettaAblaze
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:52:44 AM(UTC)

700-800?.....i have never experienced this...

3 users thanked fiamettaAblaze for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 6/27/2015(UTC), Lucky_Strke on 6/27/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/27/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 12:18:56 PM(UTC)

I just did a property restoration that has over 2300 props and they all load fine with no lag.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
4 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/27/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 6/27/2015(UTC), Lucky_Strke on 6/27/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/27/2015(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 1:30:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Christine_x Go to Quoted Post

Out of curiosity can you explain where the 700 - 800 props comes into the equation ?

After checking current prop count I now remember props began to stop loading (become invisible) for me on a region with about 1750 Unique props meaning each prop was a different type. Palace Props or Prop Dump is now about 3500 props A-Z spread out over 3 regions. My internet speed of 3 mb was also probably a factor.

All Props A-Z:
vww://utherverse.vww/@2177/@626892#start
5 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 6/27/2015(UTC), Christine_x on 6/27/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/27/2015(UTC), fiamettaAblaze on 6/28/2015(UTC), RandyKnight on 6/28/2015(UTC)
Christine_x
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 10:06:31 PM(UTC)

After checking current prop count I now remember props began to stop loading (become invisible) for me on a region with about 1750 Unique props meaning each prop was a different type. Palace Props or Prop Dump is now about 3500 props A-Z spread out over 3 regions. My internet speed of 3 mb was also probably a factor.

All Props A-Z:
vww://utherverse.vww/@2177/@626892#start

Thank you Kesha an interesting discovery I regularly build with 2000 to 4000 props, and had never had any problem but then each prop would not be unique.

Having the same internet speed my only problem has been loading textures when visiting other peoples large builds, and having to F5 too see all textures on occasions,although setting cache to forever solves that for the most part, however all the props have always loaded.

I had assumed your Palace props was split into three more from convenience in keeping all the props in the vision range of our avi's, and to speed loading rather than the possibility of them not loading at all.
2 users thanked Christine_x for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/28/2015(UTC), Hot_Liquor on 6/28/2015(UTC)
Viegoth
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:37:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:

You mentioned this happens "intermittently". This sounds more like either a cache problem, an internet connection problem, or a hosting source (the site where the images are hosted) problem. Unless, when you say "the work I had done", you mean the actual props themselves and not just the textures on the props. If the entire prop is disappears, then it's more likely just a cache problem, which you should be able to fix by running a Repair to wipe your cache.

Once upon a time, in a virtual land, virtually far far away... there was known to exist a beast. This beast would plague decorators from time to time, stealing their work and making their lives a nightmare. It was soon decided that this beast should have a name. And thus is was dubbed "the prop limit". It was so named because the rules of the land at the time prevented the developmental growth beyond a certain point. Try as they might, decorators, builders and dabblers alike could not defeat this beast. It would attack at random and without warning. And any who dared grow their lands beyond a certain size found themselves in danger of attack.

As time went on, this beast grew stronger, attacking more and more often. Before long, it became such a common place thing that all who would practice the art of decorating knew... you simply did not go beyond the limits of props, lest you incur the beast's wrath and suffer at its mighty claws.

But, unbeknownst to the common folk of the world, the great gnomes and tinkerers who dwelt far beneath the surface had also learned of this beasts existence. But for them, this foul creature was given a different name. It was known by a single syllable word, often heard uttered as a 'grunt' or 'grown' in the lands beneath the world. And this word was "bug", though sometimes referred to as "error".

Now that these wondrous tinkerers had given the beast a name, they set their sights on learning its true nature and destroying it once and for all. And so it was that new magicks were woven, new tools were forged, and in the silence far below the world of the common man, the mighty beast was finally slain.

Over time, news of this spread across the land. But the great rumors of the beast had become so ingrained in the minds and daily practices of decorators and builders, that most of them feared it had not truly died, but had simply had its claws trimmed and its mighty reach curtailed. They believed, as many did, that the beast would forever exist but that the limits of growth had just been expanded to prevent the beast from returning as often.

And so it went, generation after generation. Stories were past down as new decorators were born into this world. And as often happens with stories, the tale of the great beast changed, mutating wildly depending on the teller of the tale. And to this very day, some still believe that this vile "prop limit beast" yet lives, sleeping beneath the surface, occasionally waking to torment those who would dare to push the boundaries of the world.

I, myself, have never seen such a beast in all my years. But I too have heard the tales told by many. And each time it is told, the story varies just a little. I have pushed hard at these supposed boundaries and limits. I have tempted fate time and again, thumbing my nose at the foretold dangers. And as yet the beast, if it truly still exists, has nary once raised a claw nor fang in response.

Does the beast which once fed upon unwary decorators still exist? Perhaps it does, perhaps not. No one is truly certain. But the one thing most can agree upon, is that if there is still such a beast, nobody really knows for sure what magical prop number will bring it from its slumber.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/28/2015(UTC), Christine_x on 6/28/2015(UTC), Hot_Liquor on 6/28/2015(UTC), RandyKnight on 6/28/2015(UTC), Monaro66 on 6/29/2015(UTC)
Christine_x
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:48:38 AM(UTC)

Ah yes I recall the beast and its 1000 prop limit and yes was some truth in its existence, but it really began once you reached the 600 mark when lag increased to such an extent that loading a region became problem. And the unknown dark forces meant you had to limit the building above. Then one day the technical gnomes at RLC upgraded their equipment and the beast was vanquished, but its legacy lived on Smile
1 user thanked Christine_x for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/28/2015(UTC)
Monaro66
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 5:39:01 AM(UTC)

could you expand a bit more on the line "Some of my work"

are you meaning props or are you meaning world texture editor ??.......

do you mean actual props or the textures if remapping props ??....

are you referring to the actual site or are you referring to when you re-apply the layout and then stuff is missing ???

cheers

Monaro66
elmerfudddaffy
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 8:03:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
ROFLMAO Vie. Love the story. Lol

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894