Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Downloading Client
theDungeonArcher
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:33:22 PM(UTC)

Are we still running on the plan to disable antivirus in order for this to work?

I need help.
Cassey
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:01:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
theDungeonArcher;1524052 wrote:
Are we still running on the plan to disable antivirus in order for this to work?

I need help.

I don't think it's a good idea to completely disable your antivirus to be in RLCs and probably most can be configured to limit access, but for a few minutes to install when downloading from RLC directly it's okay to disable I think. I have seen a couple download places not actually from UV/RLC in some Internet searches popping up. I so hope people aren't installing from them because you never know.

This link is from my Social Center Profile for RLC1/Classic https://www.redlightcent...m/getDownload.aspx?did=2
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 3/15/2018(UTC)
theDungeonArcher
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:51:49 PM(UTC)

thanks. i'll let you know how it goes.
The_Black_Rieder
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:35:52 AM(UTC)

On a personal note I absolutely refuse to disable Anti-Virus just to install a program. If the program hasn't been made to install properly without AV turned off then I don't use it. Perhaps I've been lucky because the free version of Avast lets me install and reinstall, even uninstall, empty cache, empty remnant folders, install from the base up and I never ever have to turn it off. I know because over the space of 9-10 years I've done every combination of install a few times. Imagine a fake program that looks the real McCoy and it tells you to turn off the AV. Not a cotton picking chance of that happening with me.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
1 user thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Cassey on 3/15/2018(UTC)