Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
round hot tub
Prncs_ROS_CNV
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:44:45 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Does anybody have any idea what to use to make a round hot tub my brain is dead right now lol
thanks loads
Mussentuchit
#2 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 8:01:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RAY_OF_SUNSHINE Go to Quoted Post
Does anybody have any idea what to use to make a round hot tub my brain is dead right now lol
thanks loads

one method i used was a round pot for a plant just retexture it an cut the Y scale in half add surface water attach some smoke emitter and done. took about 10 minutes to make one but it will pass. wanna have mor fun get some grass or logs put them under attach fir.spr to that make it look ljke a cooker. can also put subsurface use zaby partition with wood texture to make it a deck over hot tub.
5 users thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/11/2017(UTC), Prncs_ROS_CNV on 9/12/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC), Luna_HD on 9/12/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC)
LazTopCat
#3 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 9:00:53 PM(UTC)

you can use a cylinder, fit to size.

3 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Prncs_ROS_CNV on 9/12/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#4 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 10:56:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I like the Pod Ring prop. It has thickness, and makes a terrific cylindrical hot tub.

Joe
5 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
Prncs_ROS_CNV on 9/12/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 9/12/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/12/2017(UTC), Luna_HD on 9/12/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC)
Luna_HD
#5 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 11:32:02 PM(UTC)

I use the pod ring too, looks good with a texture....

The dimensions for this one are 1.5 x 6 x 1.5
3 users thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/12/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC)
_PrinceCharming
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:50:43 PM(UTC)

I am sure you all already know, but the water can be on a moon or stop sign w/o post to keep it inside the edges of the hot tub.
3 users thanked _PrinceCharming for this useful post.
Prncs_ROS_CNV on 9/13/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/13/2017(UTC), divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC)
Luna_HD
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:00:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: I_Dance_Alone Go to Quoted Post
I am sure you all already know, but the water can be on a moon or stop sign w/o post to keep it inside the edges of the hot tub.

Yeah I picked that up in the photo and fixed it lol. This is why crime scene photos are so helpful Grin
1 user thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 10/4/2017(UTC)
HONEY_ALWYS_RnS
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:48:58 PM(UTC)

prop- bath bowl
works very well and you can find the map at http://www.the--wraith.com
3 users thanked HONEY_ALWYS_RnS for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 10/3/2017(UTC), Prncs_ROS_CNV on 10/4/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/4/2017(UTC)
MrStevenNorth
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 3:14:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: RAY_OF_SUNSHINE Go to Quoted Post
thanks loads

Its been answered here in various ways already if not very in depth. Here are some fun examples to
maybe stimulate your imagination perhaps?

A round hot tub, the standard prop I and many use are 'pond rings'. Various examples below.
One image below by Playa shows a great example of a 'classic hot tub' with wood and metal rings like a large barrel.

Below also are some examples of my work, with round hot tubs sunken into the floor. These are great too.
These are photos from my yacht and my wife's yacht (I built identical room areas using the number coordinates
in both our rlc yachts). The new layout was far more modern and also reduced the prop count by 255 props too
compared to the original. I built this lower deck on the old RLC yacht foundation for those who are still
lucky enough to own one grandfathered into game.

For me there are two ways to make sunken floor Jacuzzis. In the yacht, I pre-planned the floor surrounding
it first. Using a sign or similar prop, made round holes in the floor plan, then had those areas made transparent.

Position your textured floor first. Then place your round Jacuzzi pod rings into them and align up. While I was at that,
I also added sweeping curved floor levels as seen in the yacht pictures. This is more visually sexy and appealing. This
space I created primarily for my wife, were she can be alone to dance, or try on different clothes, and run around nakie if
she wished. Her private space. I am available for the right price to remodel one like this in your RLC yacht too.

To determine the height, or rather the depth of your spa, walk your AVI body to spot where bath is to be, and
sit Indian style on the floor. If this is the way you wish you and guests to sit in Jacuzzi, then use this as a gauge
to determine the water level (depth) you wish. I set my avi size from large to medium. This to make a happy compromise
for peoples varied avi sizes. AVis set on small, the water will be up to their chin or higher. Large AVI's, the
the water level will be around their sternum. I try to set water level around ones shoulder blades or a tiny bit lower.

I then use a manhole prop for the water, and add a water texture. Sometimes for depth and translucence, I add faded manholes
over layers, waves in one faded (in state), and a faded blue translucent layer below it. If appropriate to the plumbing, I add a ripple
wave effect (add animated texture) and even steam using a candle prop too.

Using a clear invisible hole allows you to sit in the Jacuzzi and see your cute little avi body underwater simulating the
refracted lighting of the water effect.

Some spas, the water is swirling, and the need to see your body from above underwater isn't necessary.

For this, simply lay your floor props directly through the Jacuzzi! Add the water and effects, then in props 'state'
set the props 'priority' higher in the correct order bottom to top, so the bottom Jacuzzi and water and water above
creates the hole in the floor for the bath for you!

This looks just the same as the other technique texturing a hole in the floor before hand, the only difference being when the
Avi sits in the bath, you will only see the body from water level up. If the Avi had a means to set its 'priority' in the
programming, then one could make visible. In RL, with the surface water swirling, in RL in many cases the RL body isn't seen
any way, so it's of no consequence and the illusion is the same

If you use a old style bath tub, for those newbies reading this (this post primarily for them), for the water, use the same bath
tub prop, flatten it and attach animated texture (water lightspr).

About a year ago, commissioned Aleksa to build us a Paris Apartment. The result from this now sadly banned artist was spectacular!
She did such an outstanding job. We later gave her permission to sell copies to others. In the upstairs bathroom I added more little
details, some exposed quaint plumbing for a show head, and a bubble bath for my wife!

The bubbles are so simple, yet don't see anyone else with them, so here they are. Search bubble bath in google image, Make a picture
of soap bubbles,add the texture to 'snow' props and adjust proportions, and have the snow props level with the water level...So simple.

Hope it helps. Enjoy. Steven (Steven North Designs)

An example of the classic wood hot tub created by Playa and Diddi in their layouts.
I added the bird aviary on far left after purchase.

My deco here, an example of a sunken hot tub described above.

Sunken living room too in same layout.

Pictures of my new Japanese layout for sale soon in a few weeks.
Among the tea house, temple, and Japanese gardens on this mountain retreat, is
the bath house. Inspired by 'Tanaka's Home' studio set from the 1967 Bond film 'You Only Live twice'.
in these water bathes examples, the floors/water were set using 'priority'.

Japanese Bots lounging around the bath ("I definitely like the plumbing" - Sean Connery lol )

Last but not least, my wifey's 'bubble bath' I created for her using snow props.
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

2 users thanked MrStevenNorth for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 10/6/2017(UTC), Playa_Designs on 10/6/2017(UTC)