Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to make a rotating light for a lighthouse
Trinity_T
#1 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 6:11:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Can anyone please help me? I would like to make a rotating light for a lighthouse ......

I have no idea where to start..

Thanks!!! Smile

Trinity
divingA_WnC
#2 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 6:37:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Trinity_T Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone please help me? I would like to make a rotating light for a lighthouse ......

I have no idea where to start..

Thanks!!! Smile

Trinity

Well hello Trinity,

there are several ways to deco one, have here a look at how it looks like decoed the way, I'd recommend first:

vww://utherverse.vww/@76859/@656647#Seaside

What I did with the Lighthouse on rocky island is to create the following properties:

prop Misc.Laser_01

scaled to X = 1 Y = 1 Z = 6

script 1 = Cached Web Image

here's the texture:

optimized Lighthouse Light

Right click and open it in a new browser tab, download it and store it where ever wanted or just use the link you see in the new tab.

File Caching set to Forever,

Script 2 = Rotate Object CW

Velocity set to 1,40

In state tab set unlit to checked, but thats more ore less a thing of your personal taste. You can of course also work with any othercolor, may it be a more or less dark or bright yellow, that depends on your taste.

The Misc.Laser prop starts at a primitive cylinder, situated in the german clock in reasonable size and having of course same texture as the laser, a clear bright white.

Again, feel free to see how it looks like. I hope that helps, further questions should best be posted here.

Kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/4/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 10:55:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello again,

part two, which took me some time to develop it from some photos. No one knows so far, are you talking about the spinning beam, looking from afar on a lighthouse? It might be also, you are more talking about being at top deck or the outer gallery of a lighthouse and looking at the spinning fresnel lense.

Fresnel Lense for Lighthouses

In this case I like to use the prop Primitive Cylinder to achieve the desired effect.

In the Scale Tab set the Primitive cylendar scaling to

X = 5 Y = 0,75 Z = 5

You can modify the size of the Primitive Cylinder to suit your needs but for the best results maintain the same proportions shown here.

In 1st script use again Cached Web Image.

Set file caching to forever.

This is the texture, I used, as it should be, optimized and clear to use, feel free to download it and use it, if you like to:

From all the drafts I made this is the one I personally like best, and so you know, I grew up at coast, a lighthouse flashed my room as a child every night, that formed me somehow, which is, why I still like them and sometimes miss them in Berlin.

Anyways, make sure to check unlit in state tab. I syncronized my fresnel lense in seaside cottage with the lighthouse that stands on rocky island, so the second script is used for: Rotate Object CW, the velocity now set to 0,40.

You can see an example of the working lens at my property seaside cottage and all are welcome to have a look by following the blow shown link.

vww://utherverse.vww/@76859/@656647#Seaside

You'll find it right handed from landing point.

A short glance:

Kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/4/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC), Dragon_Deco on 10/10/2017(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:39:01 PM(UTC)

i used the laser prop moonie mentions then attached animated sprite runway way lite tilt the thing on its side rotate at about .95-1.1 rpm's and done. also makes for cool club light if you add light script. see my post about wanna practice?

https://forums.uthervers...5913_wanna-practice.aspx

there is an example of this in this place. feel free to experiment there as well
2 users thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/10/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 9/12/2017(UTC)