Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Photobuckets monthly plan offer
The_Black_Rieder
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 1:20:21 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Susie_Sunshine Go to Quoted Post
I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS I DIDNT TIL I JUST TRIED IT BUT YOU CAN TAKE ANY PIC YOU HAVE IN YOUR PROFILE IN YOUR PICTURES FOLDER AND CLICK ON THE PIC AND THEN RIGHT CLICK ON IT AND THEN CLICK ON COPY IMAGE ADDRESS AND APPLY THAT CODE TO ANY SIGN OR PROP. SO IN A WAY WE HAVE A PIC STORAGE PLACE HERE AND ITS FREE.

(1) They change addresses overnight and break links
(2) They do not display .png files including transparency. They accept them but they do not work.
(3) Occasional server outage

I'll stick with what I started on my own server. Apart from the quoted section, no Caps were hurt or used during the process of this reply. Be kind to Caps and let them sleep.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
5 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Siren on 8/3/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/3/2017(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 8/7/2017(UTC), Cougar on 8/8/2017(UTC), Lady_Lisa_JHT on 9/12/2017(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 5:10:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
In addition to the above they change file size by changing pic dim usually to something non power of 2 which means bad for comps and can cause serious lag in properties.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
4 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Siren on 8/3/2017(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 8/3/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/3/2017(UTC), Cougar on 8/8/2017(UTC)
Luna_HD
#23 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 2:54:40 PM(UTC)

I have been doing what Rieder is doing, grabbing the image and saving it to my host. I haven't used PB for about 18 months, not because I knew this was going to happen but because it was laggy and tedious to use.

I restored my friend's mansion with 2700 props and I got all but about 10. Of course not all props were scripted but at least half. It took time but even though the PB was not mine, I was still able to grab the images.

All I can say about PB is that they are out of their ever loving minds. If it was easy to use it would still not be worth that.
2 users thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 8/7/2017(UTC), Cougar on 8/8/2017(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#24 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 5:25:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Luna_HD Go to Quoted Post
I have been doing what Rieder is doing, grabbing the image and saving it to my host. I haven't used PB for about 18 months, not because I knew this was going to happen but because it was laggy and tedious to use.

I restored my friend's mansion with 2700 props and I got all but about 10. Of course not all props were scripted but at least half. It took time but even though the PB was not mine, I was still able to grab the images.

All I can say about PB is that they are out of their ever loving minds. If it was easy to use it would still not be worth that.

Just a few notes to help all people reading this now and later:

From 33 properties I wish to keep some 18 are damaged, of these 5 are only slight and easy to fix. I have downloaded 2 properties pics almost and put them in named folders to upload to my Private site. What I have noticed is PB appends .html to the end of the ones that usually fail to show. So ......mypic.png.html is usual. Sometimes deleting the extra .html reveals the pic and sometimes not. Careful use of CTRL C on one screen and CTRL V on the other sometimes shows the pics. when it does, you right click and choose "Save As" then drop them into your named property folder. Inside I put sub folders like 1st room, 2nd room, outside, upstairs etc.... so you get the pics to where you want them and easily find them again for the right rooms.

Alternating between 2 browsers is good and gets results, I use FF and Chrome and it's easy with 2 screens. when that fails lets take a wall for example. I stand in front, take a snapshot and know when I adjust the lighting it will work. I use ~original on the end of a pic that doesn't show. Then when I can see it I can check if I already got the pic. Sometimes PB doesn't show the pic when you already got it once. The Refresh Trick, no matter the message refresh a few times on a non show, alternate between 2 browsers and sometimes they show. Just do not give in to these bar stewards!

Now, finally, don't trust the downloads from PB because they do not include all the pics you have, mainly the non showers and the .png files etc... Don't delete a PB account until you checked all the properties you want to keep, just in case you added some pics from an older or present PB account. Work with the sellers in the case of purchased properties where they are still active. Keep al uploads on a Private Server and make it log in access only.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

4 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Trisomes on 8/7/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/7/2017(UTC), Cougar on 8/8/2017(UTC), Lady_Lisa_JHT on 9/12/2017(UTC)
Siren
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 6:25:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
anyone else seen the fabulous 10% off photobucket 500? seems they are already struggling to get people to sign up to their fabulous offer....
vww://utherverse.vww/@55109/exquisite_designs
4 users thanked Siren for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 8/8/2017(UTC), Christine_x on 8/8/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/8/2017(UTC), Cougar on 8/8/2017(UTC)
Christine_x
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 7:22:21 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Siren Go to Quoted Post
anyone else seen the fabulous 10% off photobucket 500? seems they are already struggling to get people to sign up to their fabulous offer....

Haven't seen that offer yet on the 500 plan, but they have offered me 10% off my exsisting plan 20 if I renew that Smile
1 user thanked Christine_x for this useful post.
Siren on 8/8/2017(UTC)
Creamy_kitty
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 10:50:48 AM(UTC)

Is there a free site that will allow you to upload your URL links from your properties so you can restore them without the help of a designer?
Creamy_kitty
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:46:20 AM(UTC)

Is there a free site that I can upload my URL code too, to restore some of my properties?
_Emu_
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 12:13:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Creamy_kitty Go to Quoted Post
Is there a free site that I can upload my URL code too, to restore some of my properties?

You'd need to download the image, then upload to an image hosting site. It's a long laborious process but you can do it without a designer. I'm staying away from FREE hosting sites now (lesson learned) so I'm not going to recommend one. If you want to do it yourself and don't know how, please ask but you will need some form of online storage first.

Good Luck
1 user thanked _Emu_ for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 8/8/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 9:25:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Christine_x Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Siren Go to Quoted Post

Haven't seen that offer yet on the 500 plan, but they have offered me 10% off my exsisting plan 20 if I renew that Smile

Here's the latest offer that I received a few days ago..... Six free months! Yay! LOL

Disclaimer: I put this here as a joke. I have no intention of any renewals whatsoever. Most of my files have already been rehosted.

1 user thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 8/9/2017(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 4:40:04 AM(UTC)

6 whole months free! Great offer! But is it really? A year passes so quickly, first you get out of Spring then into Summer, Autumn quickly follows, then you're back to dreary cold Winter again. Next you get told your 1 year is up and either double what you paid last year (cos you got 6 months so called free) and/or the price goes up to catch up with those who got the free offer. Can you really trust PB not to now???

Instead, use that money wisely and get a Domain and server hosting! Transfer your gear and if you get a good place you get no price rise at all next year and possibly lots of change out of the 6 month price PB would have charged you. OK it's hard work transferring but when you cannot afford the astronomical price rise PB add on next year you'll only end up doing something then cos it's too much. Might as well do it now, be in pocket, and smack PB hard on the nose at the same time. Hope their nose breaks after what they did to people and the dirty way they went about it! You really want to stop with a dirt bag you cannot ever trust again? You value your textures that little that you won't insure against them blocking and blackmailing you again? They learned their lesson? Watch the next email and wake up to it, they get away with this and they will push it some more!

2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/9/2017(UTC)
Xaoz
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 6:08:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It makes no difference what they offer, if you don't want to do the work to move everything you have two options, SHUT DOWN or PAY UP.

Personally considering the amount of time I have already invested in everything that is currently still on photobucket, moving it is a small amount of work in the long run for a huge amount of savings!

I say F*ck Photobucket and the high horse they are sitting on!

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
5 users thanked Xaoz for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/9/2017(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 8/9/2017(UTC), Anna7 on 8/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/9/2017(UTC), ozzmosus on 8/12/2017(UTC)
Mrs_Andi_FWF
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:29:35 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: The_Black_Rieder Go to Quoted Post
6 whole months free! Great offer! But is it really? A year passes so quickly, first you get out of Spring then into Summer, Autumn quickly follows, then you're back to dreary cold Winter again. Next you get told your 1 year is up and either double what you paid last year (cos you got 6 months so called free) and/or the price goes up to catch up with those who got the free offer. Can you really trust PB not to now???

Instead, use that money wisely and get a Domain and server hosting! Transfer your gear and if you get a good place you get no price rise at all next year and possibly lots of change out of the 6 month price PB would have charged you. OK it's hard work transferring but when you cannot afford the astronomical price rise PB add on next year you'll only end up doing something then cos it's too much. Might as well do it now, be in pocket, and smack PB hard on the nose at the same time. Hope their nose breaks after what they did to people and the dirty way they went about it! You really want to stop with a dirt bag you cannot ever trust again? You value your textures that little that you won't insure against them blocking and blackmailing you again? They learned their lesson? Watch the next email and wake up to it, they get away with this and they will push it some more!

I've used ipage for a number of years to host my rl business website and use it only for large images in RLC. My issue is, they say unlimited bandwidth, but in reality, (and in the fine print which I've found on most web hosting plans) they WILL freeze your account if you have storage and bandwidth usage in excess.

That is one thing that holds me back, another is, I do not like the extra step(s) smugmug for example, has in retrieving your link. PB has it right there on a page of... 20 images or so, and it makes it a breeze and less time consuming. I restored a property in 1/3 less time using my PB account vs smugmug. That's my dilemma. Give me a promising server that won't freeze my account and a gallery with a page of thumbnails with links below and I'd be set.
The_Black_Rieder
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:15:39 AM(UTC)

Look into Coppermine, on your own server. It has a list of images with small icon. I added some simple code to mine to show the full address of each image under each one. Coppermine is free and a Gallery program, Open Source and around since 2003/4. Log in/out, set it how you want it. Need more features? You just request them from the folks contributing to it before it gets tested.

LazTopCat on 8/9/2017(UTC), Mrs_Andi_FWF on 8/12/2017(UTC)
Lars_Crowley
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:07:05 AM(UTC)

I say fuckem ( Photobucket that is ), they will end up losing many, many people over what they are planning to do.
Mrs_Andi_FWF
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:32:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Look into Coppermine, on your own server. It has a list of images with small icon. I added some simple code to mine to show the full address of each image under each one. Coppermine is free and a Gallery program, Open Source and around since 2003/4. Log in/out, set it how you want it. Need more features? You just request them from the folks contributing to it before it gets tested.

Thank you for the information! What about privacy, is there a way... say for example, someone puts in my link, and tries to access the folder the image is in?
1 user thanked Mrs_Andi_FWF for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/12/2017(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:13:45 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mrs_Andi_FWF Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the information! What about privacy, is there a way... say for example, someone puts in my link, and tries to access the folder the image is in?

It's a secure log in same as PB. Any concerns you have can be tested by trying it or getting a friend to try it from another independent computer. Then send in a report and it joins the reported problems list. People then work on the problems separately until the list is finished and a test version is entered for testing. Once it passes a new version is released to all. It has this process because it is Open Source and owned by nobody in particular but still fully tested as a matter of course before General Release.

EDIT: As an after thought it's probably tested more than some payware is.... Rolleyes

LazTopCat on 8/15/2017(UTC), Mrs_Andi_FWF on 8/15/2017(UTC)