Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How hard can it be???
Wild_Hopes
#1 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 11:28:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'd like to find a way to stream my own music in my zaby. What is the easiest and simplest way of doing this? If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated Smile)

T.I.A.

WildHopes
LazTopCat
#2 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 3:05:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WildHopes Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to find a way to stream my own music in my zaby. What is the easiest and simplest way of doing this? If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated Smile)

T.I.A.

WildHopes

I use Shouthost, but I have an online stream... You might want to contact Kesha, or look HERE under Radio/TV/DJ

3 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 7/10/2017(UTC), lottapussygalore on 7/10/2017(UTC), DJ_Hyporis_EXC on 7/11/2017(UTC)
Viegoth
#3 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 5:36:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Simplest way would be to set up your own server using ShoutCast. You can stream what you want, any time you want, and only to the people you want. If you are only playing music for yourself and a few guests, you can run your own ShoutCast server on your own computer. And it's fairly simple to follow the instructions and get set up.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 7/10/2017(UTC), lottapussygalore on 7/10/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/10/2017(UTC), DJ_Hyporis_EXC on 7/11/2017(UTC), Ceka_Cianci on 7/11/2017(UTC)
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:14:54 AM(UTC)

No offense intended

I actually think that doing "your own music" just for your zaby, visited by a handful people within a month, with a dedicated shoutcast stream can be best described as "Throwing pearls before the sows...".
A simple Youtube Playlist with your favorite music, embedded into your zaby, would be less demanding on resources and knowledge.

If you still want to do it, just look out for a random stream hosting service here in RLC, that offers 1-2 GB Auto DJ storage. If they are worth their rays, they will support and guide you as their customer though the setup and installation process.

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
1 user thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/11/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:40:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Shameless Plug Department:

I've had a stream provided by our own Mr_NightRyder, of Finesse Hosting, for about a year now. I looked at Shoutcast and Shoutcheap before finding Finesse, and have been delighted with the service. You can contact him by email to his RLC profile.

The rates are reasonable: $5.25 per month. Billing is painless - recurring auto pay via PayPal. I think you can also pay using rays.

You get more for your money. You get 192 kbps, where the entry rate for the other services is 32 kbps. (You can easily downspeed the link to something easier on your bandwidth if you don't need broadcast quality. For zaby music, 32 or 64 kbps would be just fine.)

You also get more disk space for your music library. 15 GB is room for about as much music as you'll want. And you have an AutoDJ that's easy to set up and use.

Setup is quick and easy. He'll meet you on Skype and talk you through every step of your installation. If you wish, he'll even setup a stream player on your RLC profile.

The reliability has been terrific. No downtime since I've had the service.

I have no commercial interest in FNS Hosting. I just think that someone providing such a great service, these days, deserves recognition.

Joe
2 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/11/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 7/11/2017(UTC)
lightsenshi6
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:32:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thread title...said every redneck out there. Whistle