Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
5 Pages<12345>
Photobucket Extortion
Pierrot13
#41 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:19:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sunsets831 Go to Quoted Post
Well personally, RLC is who I pay every month to be on the site and be able to
use the site, Why can't they negotiate a deal with Photobucket to pay the 400.00
fee to COVER utherverse and its VIP members ??. 400 would be POCKET CHANGE for
Utherverse to take care of its members ??

THEIR REASON TO ME WHEN I ASKED for an explanation on what was going on:

" That's Photobucket that's done that, they are a third party that Utherverse
has NO control over, Not a lot utherverse can do about it "

Not a lot of effort made on that explanation ???

Google has just as MANY pictures etc etc as photobucket, I knew this was coming
at SOME point, and started using Google a while back - Just as there use to be ALOT
of FREE Zabies to pick from, Now virtually none available anymore, Just Greedy
people thinking of MORE WAYS to pad their bank accounts, and you can bet they will
NOT stop thinking of MORE ways to get more money from each one of us....so look
for other things to HAPPEN on down the line.

If you create folders in your Profile pages, and place pictures there that you use,
they won't disappear mysteriously like maybe you've seen in the past, that happens
because SOMEONE delete's their photo's off Photobucket, or Google etc etc, or you do
at some point - or you move them somewhere else to a different folder.........then you
go in and WOW that picture is GONE all of a sudden.

IN your own FOLDERS in your profile pages, that does not happen, and this kind of mess
with photobucket does not happen if they protected in your OWN profile - But its a
matter of time before RLC figures out they can MAKE extra Money by charging us to do
that as well - and Utherverse is PUSHING pretty hard anyway to get everyone over to the
NEW RLC, so this will work right into that for utherverse to facilitate that transistion
of its members from REGULAR Utherverse to the NEW ONE - its a dog eat dog world these
days, A snake eating its OWN TAIL so to say.

Utherverse IS BIG ENOUGH to get something done in regards to all this, but the question
is JUST HOW IMPORTANT AND VALUABLE do they CONSIDER the million or so members that pay
their 20.00 a month membership fee's.

sunsets831

With all due respect - this is the most nonsensical thing on that topic yet.
How should UV pay for all members $400 per account on PB? Cause all member's stuff would not fit into one...
putting pictures in your profile folders for deco is not right because they would be off size, also who knows how much storage there would be really.
To put the blame on UV for this PB mess is really not helpful. They had NOTHING to do with that.
Would you blame ETSY? Ebay? Twitter? Facebook? hundreds of websites around the globe and thousands and millions of missing pictures on the web with the same message: pay up or else?

Why not educate yourself on the issue and then offer to help the ones who are working day and night saving layouts from designers no longer here? Action is required not complaining!

Manon_Qc
#42 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:42:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Mussentuchit, need store to a datacenter and the network is not free. ;-)

Malloree
#43 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:47:16 PM(UTC)

Well it seems that Photobucket has really upset our world.
First of all remember it is their equipment we are using. Like it or not they have the right to do what they have done.

I have also seen a suggestion that Utherverse, Inc. pay or make an arrangement with them.
I am not sure why that would happen and also very sure it won't.
I don't think Utherverse's pockets are not as deep as someone suggests.

The suggestion that you can upload your stuff to your profile albums is something I began doing some time ago when my images on Photobucket began getting deleted because they stated they did not comply with their TOS.

Read the TOS on Photobucket, Particularly with regard to sexual content, you will find it very enlightening.
(Some images are considered not to be in compliance with the site's guidelines on sexual content and they will delete them, and they have the right to do so, without notification or your consent.)

Remember we play on a sexual fantasy site so it is possible that Photobucket wants NOTHING to do with it.
That could be the motivation behind what is going on, but this is purely speculation on my part.

I would not be surprised if many of the images stored on Photobucket by many members of our community will violate their TOS so brace yourselves, more files will likely be lost.

After this happened I realized I needed to find another location to host my images, even my non-sexual ones.

At any rate the point is as long as you use a third party site this issue could occur.

I have opted for using low res imagery from my Social Page Albums. I don't do decorating as a business but only for myself, and for my clubs. I now have cloud storage that allows me to use it for my images and what could be called third party hosting.

Since this issue arose, I have only lost a few images and I was able to restore the links by placing my images on my cloud storage.
I link just about all my images from that location now and I believe that I will not have any more issues regarding this problem injected into our world.

I know that anyone effected by this is upset, of course most want to blame Photobucket, but in reality they really are within their rights and we all will just have to find a way to deal with it.

I feel your pain, and I saw something like this coming though not over this specific issue.

I know this is an enormous PIA but we can and will get past this.

There have been many suggestions and everyone will have to decide what solution works best for them.

Good Luck.
If technology was perfect, ...it wouldn't need US....

DJ_Brianna Owns WDGN_db_RADIO and the Club_Drakon franchise.
1 user thanked Malloree for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Classy_Ann
#44 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:58:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Does size count ? if I go into my fav club on my laptop that has an 8 Gg memory its all messed up with PB signs everywhere.. If I go into the same club on my desktop that has 16GB memory 99% of it is fine except for a few sponsers adds ! Im not techy minded,, but can somebody please explain how this is ?
Rockster_sub
#45 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:07:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: DJ_Brianna Go to Quoted Post
First of all remember it is their equipment we are using. Like it or not they have the right to do what they have done.

I have also seen a suggestion that Utherverse, Inc. pay or make an arrangement with them.

The suggestion that you can upload your stuff to your profile albums is something I began doing some time ago when my images on Photobucket began getting deleted because they stated they did not comply with their TOS.

Read the TOS on Photobucket, Particularly with regard to sexual content, you will find it very enlightening.
(Some images are considered not to be in compliance with the site's guidelines on sexual content and they will delete them, and they have the right to do so, without notification or your consent.)

Remember we play on a sexual fantasy site so it is possible that Photobucket wants NOTHING to do with it.
That could be the motivation behind what is going on, but this is purely speculation on my part.

I would not be surprised if many of the images stored on Photobucket by many members of our community will violate their TOS so brace yourselves, more files will likely be lost.

After this happened I realized I needed to find another location to host my images, even my non-sexual ones.

At any rate the point is as long as you use a third party site this issue could occur.

I have opted for using low res imagery from my Social Page Albums. I don't do decorating as a business but only for myself, and for my clubs. I now have cloud storage that allows me to use it for my images and what could be called third party hosting.

Since this issue arose, I have only lost a few images and I was able to restore the links by placing my images on my cloud storage.
I link just about all my images from that location now and I believe that I will not have any more issues regarding this problem injected into our world.

I know that anyone effected by this is upset, of course most want to blame Photobucket, but in reality they really are within their rights and we all will just have to find a way to deal with it.

I feel your pain, and I saw something like this coming though not over this specific issue.

There have been many suggestions and everyone will have to decide what solution works best for them.

Good Luck.

Hi Brianna. :-) It's not the sexual aspect of it which has happened, though yes, they do delete sexual pics all the time from Photobucket. It's not even soley about this site, all people need to do is go to the Facebook page for Photobucket to see that this is a system wide change of policy and is affecting all Photobucket users worldwide. If anyone reads the threads on their Facebook page, there is post after post of insanely angry users from all walks of life and all over the globe, many who have had their accounts for over 10 years and use their images for all sorts of things, ranting and cursing at Photobucket due to what has happened with their images getting locked from the sites they posted them to over many years. Photobucket have decided that the only way anyone will be able to hotlink to a 3rd party site now (any site at all) is to upgrade to the $400 per year top-of-the-line account (P500) and no other account type will offer this ability. This affects both free account and paid account users, no matter what type of account they have had previously, and it is a slow methodical rollout with no pattern to it, just people need to know that it will affect thier accounts unless they purchase or have purchased the P500 account. I put a thread in this section of the forum detailing how I have witnessed accounts getting slowly locked with no particular order and I explain why I think this is happening with no order at all (also how to fix it), sooner or later unless the account is a P500, it will be locked from hotlinking it's guaranteed. The images are still all there, just the system apparently recognizes when a 3rd party (not you and not Photobucket) is trying to retrieve the link and instead of the image it throws out the error image instead. At first it looked to everyone that it was a bandwidth issue, but it turns out it is they have decided hotlinking will not happen on any account which is not a P500. But no, it's definitely nothing to do with the sexual content of this game and us being targeted for moral reasons, it is everyone everywhere who has ever used Photobucket being affected.
1 user thanked Rockster_sub for this useful post.
SenaLee on 7/5/2017(UTC)
ClubDrakon
#46 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:08:46 PM(UTC)

Not sure but likely its your cache. You still have the images stored on your PC, is my guess.
It won't last tho sooner or later you won't seem them if this is the case and your clean out your cache.

Originally Posted by: ClassyAnn___Tema Go to Quoted Post
Does size count ? if I go into my fav club on my laptop that has an 8 Gg memory its all messed up with PB signs everywhere.. If I go into the same club on my desktop that has 16GB memory 99% of it is fine except for a few sponsers adds ! Im not techy minded,, but can somebody please explain how this is ?

Brianna(SM) (a.k.a. DJ_Brianna(SM)) Owns WDGN_db_RADIO(TM) and the Club_Drakon(TM) franchise.
Rockster_sub
#47 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:17:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Hey Ann. There are couple of ways an image link can be set in the prop, 'per session', 'never' and 'forever'. When an item is set to per session, every time a user enters that property, no matter how many times, it forces the image to be loaded fresh from the host server. If it is set to forever, you visit the first time and it then stores and keeps the image on your hard drive and each subsequent time that computer enters the room, it gets the image from the computer you are using, not from the image server over the internet.

It sounds like the image links are set to 'forever' (except the sponsor ads which are probably set to 'per session' ) and your desktop had already been there before the account was affected and now has the files to grab when you go there, but the laptop had not been there before and tried to grab them from the server which is now refusing to send the image and sending the error image instead, their system knows when a third party site is trying to load it apparently. So one computer can potentially display a room fine even when the links no longer work as they are getting the images from their own hard drive, while another computer which has not been there yet can see it all screwed up. It is nothing to do with your system memory, it is all about the link and what Photobucket has done at their end with it. Images are still there btw, and if you enter the URL from the prop into a browser you can view and save the image, rehost somewhere else, and replace the old link with the new one and get the image texture back again as it was before.

*Edit* ... and yea, as said in the post above, it will only display fine on a broken room while the cache is still intact, once you do a repair (which clears you cached files) the computer which showed it fine will also then show the errors too, as it wipes the cache in the process.
1 user thanked Rockster_sub for this useful post.
ClubDrakon on 7/3/2017(UTC)
ClubDrakon
#48 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:30:22 PM(UTC)

I agree this is most likely the explanation. Very well explained by the way..Applause

Originally Posted by: __Rockster__ Go to Quoted Post

Hey Ann. There are couple of ways an image link can be set in the prop, 'per session', 'never' and 'forever'. When an item is set to per session, every time a user enters that property, no matter how many times, it forces the image to be loaded fresh from the host server. If it is set to forever, you visit the first time and it then stores and keeps the image on your hard drive and each subsequent time that computer enters the room, it gets the image from the computer you are using, not from the image server over the internet.

It sounds like the image links are set to 'forever' (except the sponsor ads which are probably set to 'per session' ) and your desktop had already been there before the account was affected and now has the files to grab when you go there, but the laptop had not been there before and tried to grab them from the server which is now refusing to send the image and sending the error image instead, their system knows when a third party site is trying to load it apparently. So one computer can potentially display a room fine even when the links no longer work as they are getting the images from their own hard drive, while another computer which has not been there yet can see it all screwed up. It is nothing to do with your system memory, it is all about the link and what Photobucket has done at their end with it. Images are still there btw, and if you enter the URL from the prop into a browser you can view and save the image, rehost somewhere else, and replace the old link with the new one and get the image texture back again as it was before.

*Edit* ... and yea, as said in the post above, once you do a repair (which clears you cached files) the computer which showed it fine will also then show the errors too, as it wipes the cache in the process.

Brianna(SM) (a.k.a. DJ_Brianna(SM)) Owns WDGN_db_RADIO(TM) and the Club_Drakon(TM) franchise.
1 user thanked ClubDrakon for this useful post.
Gds_HarlQuin_UnS on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Rockster_sub
#49 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:34:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote=Club_Drakon;1489155]I agree this is most likely the explanation. Very well explained by the way..Applause

oh TY X
Malloree
#50 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:50:15 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your clarification. I do realize its not our site specifically that is being targeted. I am sure that won't be very comforting to most of those effected.

I am wondering what event initiated this though. Speculation will of course run rampant but on the internet that should not be surprising.

I will continue to slowly phasing out my use of Photobucket as this was my plan anyway.

I still recommend everyone read the TOS though, they do specifically address sexual imagery and whether or not you have a P500 account or not they will purge those images they do not feel conform to their guidelines.

Originally Posted by: __Rockster__ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DJ_Brianna Go to Quoted Post

Good Luck.

Hi Brianna. :-) It's not the sexual aspect of it which has happened, though yes, they do delete sexual pics all the time from Photobucket. It's not even soley about this site, all people need to do is go to the Facebook page for Photobucket to see that this is a system wide change of policy and is affecting all Photobucket users worldwide. If anyone reads the threads on their Facebook page, there is post after post of insanely angry users from all walks of life and all over the globe, many who have had their accounts for over 10 years and use their images for all sorts of things, ranting and cursing at Photobucket due to what has happened with their images getting locked from the sites they posted them to over many years. Photobucket have decided that the only way anyone will be able to hotlink to a 3rd party site now (any site at all) is to upgrade to the $400 per year top-of-the-line account (P500) and no other account type will offer this ability. This affects both free account and paid account users, no matter what type of account they have had previously, and it is a slow methodical rollout with no pattern to it, just people need to know that it will affect thier accounts unless they purchase or have purchased the P500 account. I put a thread in this section of the forum detailing how I have witnessed accounts getting slowly locked with no particular order and I explain why I think this is happening with no order at all (also how to fix it), sooner or later unless the account is a P500, it will be locked from hotlinking it's guaranteed. The images are still all there, just the system apparently recognizes when a 3rd party (not you and not Photobucket) is trying to retrieve the link and instead of the image it throws out the error image instead. At first it looked to everyone that it was a bandwidth issue, but it turns out it is they have decided hotlinking will not happen on any account which is not a P500. But no, it's definitely nothing to do with the sexual content of this game and us being targeted for moral reasons, it is everyone everywhere who has ever used Photobucket being affected.

DJ_Brianna Owns WDGN_db_RADIO and the Club_Drakon franchise.
SClaude
#51 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 12:54:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ember_Marie_TC Go to Quoted Post
I have been in contact with a few designers who are working diligently to restore the textures in properties they've sold, however, I need some guidance regarding a property that I own that was a Victor_G layout, if anyone has the Maldives nights layout, please please please let me know if the textures can be recovered. It's really important that I restore this property as Victor was a good friend of mine. RIP Victor, we all miss you buddy.

Love,

Em

Hi there...

I have a layout from Victor_G and had issu as well ... i try that on it and work for me ......
put that ~original at the end of url

sample
http://xxxx.photobucket....x/blabla/StageLights.png~original
Channy
#52 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:09:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
sexual images being removed has been from day one (at least the years I used it Smile ) so thats not a new thing.

What triggered all this...simple...money....bandwidth not free, too many non paying users, and they finally reached the kicking theyre own ass stage, guessing pb struggling with cash flow vs. cost, business 101 Smile
Our showroom:

vww://utherverse.vww/@141443/showroom
1 user thanked Channy for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Ceka_Cianci
#53 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:50:20 AM(UTC)

Why don't people use Flickr?
I remember asking this one time before but forget what the answer was..

I mean it's free or you can pay like 6.95usd for three months,24usd one year or 44usd for two years and get more features..

Unlimited storage

Powerful photo editing tools

Smart Photo Management

Advanced stats on your photos

Ad free browsing and sharing

Desktop Auto-Uploadr

Save on standard shipping of Flickr photo merchandise
<--only with the 24usd and 44usd packages
3 users thanked Ceka_Cianci for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/4/2017(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 7/4/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 7/4/2017(UTC)
Anna7
#54 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:26:00 PM(UTC)

i have been using Imgur transferring all PB to there until i decide on whether to get my own server(finacially worth it ?)

call me stubborn i could easily pay the 400 usd to PB but they really pissed me off trying to extort me so im taking my anger out by working/deco.6 regions restored in the house of the 7 working on the rest have cracked the whip and HO7 deco on the job.
Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

dicklessbitch4u
#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:45:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post
i have been using Imgur transferring all PB to there until i decide on whether to get my own server(finacially worth it ?)

call me stubborn i could easily pay the 400 usd to PB but they really pissed me off trying to extort me so im taking my anger out by working/deco.6 regions restored in the house of the 7 working on the rest have cracked the whip and HO7 deco on the job.

I DONTE NO Y THARE PUNISHING U IF NO1 GOSE 2 UR CLUB THAN UR NOT EETING UP BANDWITH RITE?
STILL DERTY
Anna7
#56 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:49:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dicklessbitch4u Go to Quoted Post

I DONTE NO Y THARE PUNISHING U IF NO1 GOSE 2 UR CLUB THAN UR NOT EETING UP BANDWITH RITE?

theres a thought maybe i should hunt sockpuppets and throw them on a bonfire to vent my anger

dicklessbitch4u
#57 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 2:05:42 PM(UTC)

theres a thought maybe i should hunt sockpuppets and throw them on a bonfire to vent my anger

IM ONLY SAYING UR NOT RESPONSABEL 4 THE BAD THINGS HAPPENING AT FOTOBUCJET

IM ON UR SIDE
STILL DERTY
Anna7
#58 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 6:18:32 PM(UTC)

IM ONLY SAYING UR NOT RESPONSABEL 4 THE BAD THINGS HAPPENING AT FOTOBUCJET

IM ON UR SIDE

you forget i read and understand your jibberish

dont worry i gave up fithging with sock puppets awhile ago sockpuppets are so passe

Stangwynn
#59 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 6:35:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
We are not alone in the Photobucket mess. The BBC did a story about it..so far the only mainline news outlet that has that I have seen. You can read it here: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

"In Search Of A Decent Cup of Coffee!"
6 users thanked Stangwynn for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 7/4/2017(UTC), Diddi_BFDesigns on 7/4/2017(UTC), Rockster_sub on 7/5/2017(UTC), ozzmosus on 7/5/2017(UTC), Anna7 on 7/5/2017(UTC), SaphyreRose on 7/10/2017(UTC)
Ceka_Cianci
#60 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 7:33:14 PM(UTC)

There is no way I would give them 400usd to host my images let alone anyone else..
I would defiantly get my own server before I would give them that..

If I'm paying anything close to that a year,I want to be in control of the server.
5 users thanked Ceka_Cianci for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 7/4/2017(UTC), _Emu_ on 7/5/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/5/2017(UTC), Anna7 on 7/5/2017(UTC), SaphyreRose on 7/10/2017(UTC)