Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
5 Pages<1234>»
Photobucket Extortion
The_Wraith
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 11:21:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The Filezilla program is free. You need to supply the machine it runs on and be able to keep in running 24/7. If it's turned off then what ever is hosted in world goes blank till it's turned back on. Depending on your set up at home there could also be firewall and networking issues to set up and adjusted also.
1 user thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
69JC on 7/2/2017(UTC)
Ember_Marie_TC
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:43:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I have been in contact with a few designers who are working diligently to restore the textures in properties they've sold, however, I need some guidance regarding a property that I own that was a Victor_G layout, if anyone has the Maldives nights layout, please please please let me know if the textures can be recovered. It's really important that I restore this property as Victor was a good friend of mine. RIP Victor, we all miss you buddy.

Love,

Em
Mrs_Andi_FWF
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:55:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Ember_Marie_TC Go to Quoted Post
I have been in contact with a few designers who are working diligently to restore the textures in properties they've sold, however, I need some guidance regarding a property that I own that was a Victor_G layout, if anyone has the Maldives nights layout, please please please let me know if the textures can be recovered. It's really important that I restore this property as Victor was a good friend of mine. RIP Victor, we all miss you buddy.

Love,

Em

Copy the link from editor, past in your browser, right click, save, re-host; reapply new link.
Mrs_Andi_FWF
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:58:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kesha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: little_purr Go to Quoted Post

1) Server/Host
3.95 pr month
www.siteground.com

Drop and Drag files to your server using FTP client Filezilla.
https://filezilla-project.org/

Other than finding a less than puritanistic, semi anti adult matter site to host through, my issue has nothing to do with the topic. Looking at Filezilla, they have a server available, too.

Just, after creating an account at one place earlier just to find it's not what i need - a file host for the average, generally lazy away from work user doing nothing but 'creating' a handful of comments and, an occasional background image - would this work for me?

No more than i do this, i have an allergy to a monthly bill for something done solely for fun.

Having my own server is the nats ass. I drag whatever I want from the right side of my comp to filezilla on the left and now its on the server. The folders open as a favorite web page for quick access to pic URLS. It takes any file types any size. There is however a catch. For some reason that 3.95 goes up after a year. They got me with some antivirus crap and other Security options and I'm at about 7.95 a month now.

For those with servers, to enabled folder viewing, add the following line into your public_html/.htaccess file:

Code:
Options +Indexes

and now the folders contents are visible as web pages

How do you keep the folder private for example if I were to type in http://www.yourhost.com/yourfolders would I see an index of all your textures? I am looking for software to install on mine that would organize thumbnail viewing (for myself only) that I can keep private unless someone has a specific link for one texture.
dicklessbitch4u
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 12:01:49 PM(UTC)

U NO WAN ALL OF U GO 2 THE SAME PLASE AND UPLODE FORDY THOUSEND PICSHERS EECH THAT THAT SITE WILL START CHARGING EVRY1 2 RITE

ESPESHELLY WAN THAY NO UR POSTING PICSHERS OF TECSHERS 2 MAKE MONY 4 URSALVSANS NOT PAYING THE UPLODE SITE 2

U CANT CHARGE ALL UR CUSTEMERS THAN NOT PAY THE HOSTING SITE OGARD
STILL DERTY
6 users thanked dicklessbitch4u for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/2/2017(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 7/2/2017(UTC), Mussentuchit on 7/2/2017(UTC), Cougar on 7/5/2017(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/5/2017(UTC), SaphyreRose on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Manon_Qc
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:12:21 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Watch https://www.facebook.com/photobucket

Under: Want to know more about 3rd party hosting?

Now, 259 comments. Oupsss!! complaits. lol

DJ_Flame
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:57:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sunshine_WTMCR13 Go to Quoted Post
Am I correct that all the layouts i bought or won are no good and the designers are not going to fix them for their customers

Some designers will fix them I am sure. The problem is, most of the designers (with the exception of a few larger ones) do this as a hobby or to pay uvip ect. Photobucket is now going to cost us $400 per year in order to have 3rd party hosting which is what is causing all the errors. I have already been paying $40 a year for many years for extra storage but not quite sure where I am going to turn now. We either need to find new hosting for our photos. Us designers just have to figure out a way to swing that $400 or decide if the payoff is worth what it is going to cost us.

Hugs
FeistyBrat
DJ_Flame
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:06:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: little_purr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea25_ Go to Quoted Post
If you uploaded all your textures to your own server matching PB folder naming and had access to the text data containing your layout prop texture links, You could bulk edit the whole layout with a simple ctrl + h "replace all" Photobucket.com with otherserver.com. Tech Vols know how to access prop data.

How do I set up my own server?

1) Server/Host
3.95 pr month
www.siteground.com

Drop and Drag files to your server using FTP client Filezilla.
https://filezilla-project.org/

Other than finding a less than puritanistic, semi anti adult matter site to host through, my issue has nothing to do with the topic. Looking at Filezilla, they have a server available, too.

Just, after creating an account at one place earlier just to find it's not what i need - a file host for the average, generally lazy away from work user doing nothing but 'creating' a handful of comments and, an occasional background image - would this work for me?

No more than i do this, i have an allergy to a monthly bill for something done solely for fun.

Having my own server is the nats ass. I drag whatever I want from the right side of my comp to filezilla on the left and now its on the server. The folders open as a favorite web page for quick access to pic URLS. It takes any file types any size. There is however a catch. For some reason that 3.95 goes up after a year. They got me with some antivirus crap and other Security options and I'm at about 7.95 a month now.

OK I have been checking into siteground and it is not unlimited bandwidth. It says good for up to 10,000 visits monthly. It is my understanding that each image counts as a hit when a property is loaded. 1000 prop layouts and sell a few of those you will fly through that in no time.....
Gabe_JulianS
#29 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:21:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Connemara_BBB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gabe_JulianS Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

What a nasty surprise to go to his property and discover that all, (I said ALL) textures, from the ground to the sky, have disappeared !!
I was so upset!
At the beginning of the week, when I arrived, my textures had disappeared. I thought, maybe the architect who made the Layout, had used images, which are too much used. I did not understand what the inscription "3rd Party Hosting" meant ...
So, I've done it all again. I recorded each image one by one and then I put them back into my PB account one by one and applied to my property.
I would like to point out that it was a property I had had as a gift in a Christmas swagbag three years ago, or four years ago.
I finished all over again on Thursday night. I was happy. I was very happy. I had a profound sense of hard work. Loll I had put everything back, from grass to heaven. It took me time, but I was happy to find my property. Big error!
I arrive tonight (Friday), and disaster. Everything had disappeared again!
After research, I understood the problem.

This made thought of the hostage taking that Uvdeviant had made two years ago, with our clothes and textures .. It was not very nice.

A friend told me about the hosting site: postimage.org.
It's a free site. I did a test. I managed to put an image and apply it where it had disappeared in Red Light Center.
Hopefully this will help. I do not know quite, if he is very good. I made my account, I tried an image and it works.

Good luck and good luck to you.

Good day or good evening and good weekend.

P.S: If you see any errors in this text, it's because I use google translation to post here and I'm really sorry. Wink

Bonjour à tous,

Quelle mauvaise surprise d'aller dans sa propriété et de découvrir que toutes, (j'ai bien dit TOUTES) les textures, du sol au ciel, ont disparues !!
J'étais tellement énervé !
En début de semaine, en arrivant, mes textures avaient disparues. Je me suis dit, que peut-être l'architecte qui a fait le Layout, avait utilisé des images, qui sont trop utilisées. Je n'avais pas comprit ce que voulais dire l'inscription "3rd Party Hosting"...
Alors, j'ai tout refait. J'ai enregistré chaque image, une à une, puis je les aies remises dans mon compte PB une à une et appliquée dans ma propriété.
Je précise que c'est une propriété que j'avais eut en cadeau dans un swagbag de Noël il y a peut-être trois ans, ou quatre ans.
J'ai fini de tout refaire, jeudi soir. J'étais content. J'étais très content. J'avais le sentiment prodond du travail bien fait. loll J'avais tout remit, du gazon au ciel. Cela m'a prit du temps, mais j'étais content de retrouver ma propriété. Grossière erreur !
J'arrive ce soir, (vendredi), et désastre. Tout avait disparu de nouveau !
Après recherches, j'ai comprit le problème.

Cela fait pensé à la prise d'otage qu'avait fait Uvdeviant il y a deux ans, avec nos vêtements et textures.. Ce n'était pas très sympa.

Un ami m'a parlé du site d'hébergement : postimage.org.
C'est un site gratuit. J'ai fait un test. J'ai réussit à mettre une image et à l'appliquer là ou elle avait disparues dans Red Light Center.
En espérant que cela pourra vous aider. Je ne sais pas tout à fait, s'il est très bien. J'ai fais mon compte, j'ai essayé une image et cela fonctionne.

Bonne chance et bon courage à vous.

Bonne journée ou bonne soirée et bon week-end.

P.S: Si vous voyez des erreurs dans ce texte, c'est parce que j'utilise google traduction pour poster ici et j'en suis vraiment désolé. Wink

Merci Bea coup, Ami! ThumpUp Smile Much appreciated!

Hi Connemara_BBB,

With pleasure, if it can helpWink Thanks for the little wink lol
Merci beaucoup ! lol Wink

Bonsoir Connemara_BBB,

Avec plaisir, si cela peut rendre serviceWink Merci pour le petit clein d'oeil lol
Mussentuchit
#30 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:57:14 PM(UTC)

indeed it is the bomb to have your own host. all you need is an old pc. OR a NAS station. (network adressable storage). you can even build one of those. using... yep old pc. the key here is you need at least dual core and alot of ram. remove all the junk like dvd drives and video cards. for ram i suggest max it out. for software nothing beats freeNAS.
http://www.freenas.org
Mussentuchit
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:59:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dicklessbitch4u Go to Quoted Post
U NO WAN ALL OF U GO 2 THE SAME PLASE AND UPLODE FORDY THOUSEND PICSHERS EECH THAT THAT SITE WILL START CHARGING EVRY1 2 RITE

ESPESHELLY WAN THAY NO UR POSTING PICSHERS OF TECSHERS 2 MAKE MONY 4 URSALVSANS NOT PAYING THE UPLODE SITE 2

U CANT CHARGE ALL UR CUSTEMERS THAN NOT PAY THE HOSTING SITE OGARD

good point. gotta pay the piper after he played the fiddle..
S_p_a_r_k_s
#32 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:28:23 PM(UTC)

I have ZABYs built by people that sadly are deceased and its unlikely they are gonna come back from the grave to pay the ransom to PB so my stuff doesnt go away forever.......
any ideas? Pray
Mussentuchit
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:26:18 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _S_p_a_r_k_s_ Go to Quoted Post
I have ZABYs built by people that sadly are deceased and its unlikely they are gonna come back from the grave to pay the ransom to PB so my stuff doesnt go away forever.......
any ideas? Pray

indeed i MIGHT have a solution. in the cached web image link for that prop is usually a hidden account name. if you can decipher it you can goto photobucket and look by account name. and find the work. next copy it and rehost it to whatever means you chose.
if you can get me one of the links from a prop i might be able to get you the account name. and you can do a by person look up.
Rockster_sub
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:49:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: _S_p_a_r_k_s_ Go to Quoted Post
any ideas? Pray

indeed i MIGHT have a solution. in the cached web image link for that prop is usually a hidden account name. if you can decipher it you can goto photobucket and look by account name. and find the work. next copy it and rehost it to whatever means you chose.
if you can get me one of the links from a prop i might be able to get you the account name. and you can do a by person look up.

You don't need to do it that way, you can just copy the whole image URL link and put it in a browser, it will find the image in question, then download/save that image and upload it to ur new host and use the new direct link you have for that image to put in the prop. All you need to do is go through item by item as each item has a direct link to the image it is using. If you went and looked up the person's account as a sum total, there is no way you would be able to sort through all the images they have and work out which image was used on what prop. It is just simple to grab the link the prop is using, copy it and paste it in ur browser then save the image and upload to ur new host account. That way you automatically know what image goes with what prop and where it came from. I put instructions in my thread for anyone who is interested.
2 users thanked Rockster_sub for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/5/2017(UTC), thomas232 on 7/13/2021(UTC)
SCOT_BADBOY_BDHC
#35 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 1:17:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:

be aware photobucket trump take over Franchise photobucket you get better deal at

McDonald's : victorg showroom complete gone contact deco designer send in

Special ops ,what I think of photobucket Cheesy ,my experience ,click ,click click

out of adds facebook free sign into ,stuff keeps sneak up blocking ,

I was deco designer search other websites photo images ,imgur.com/ no been Attacked

by Franchise ,since time began rlc layouts ,zabys you track down deco designer

to replace the shit lol upload texture ,picture images repair next day fukup

images are own get hell out of it , using free service expect may be changes

photobucket no only photo uploader in the world can try link in this message

Experince with ,imgur.com/ upload faster cant say everyone work for me

some time refreash page beats clicks out of adds , no had go back add image

waste time moaning about photobucket , sneaky what done like virus blocking

( I was deco designer sure there are use other photo image , Quto get what you pay

for , don't pay expect the worse , don't need to pay photobucket

other search photo images providers ,

enjoy McDonald's deals

SCOT_BADBOY_BDHC attached the following image(s):
20121008-daily-double-mcdonalds-3.jpg (48kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
SoulProvider_831
#36 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:49:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well personally, RLC is who I pay every month to be on the site and be able to
use the site, Why can't they negotiate a deal with Photobucket to pay the 400.00
fee to COVER utherverse and its VIP members ??. 400 would be POCKET CHANGE for
Utherverse to take care of its members ??

THEIR REASON TO ME WHEN I ASKED for an explanation on what was going on:

" That's Photobucket that's done that, they are a third party that Utherverse
has NO control over, Not a lot utherverse can do about it "

Not a lot of effort made on that explanation ???

Google has just as MANY pictures etc etc as photobucket, I knew this was coming
at SOME point, and started using Google a while back - Just as there use to be ALOT
of FREE Zabies to pick from, Now virtually none available anymore, Just Greedy
people thinking of MORE WAYS to pad their bank accounts, and you can bet they will
NOT stop thinking of MORE ways to get more money from each one of us....so look
for other things to HAPPEN on down the line.

If you create folders in your Profile pages, and place pictures there that you use,
they won't disappear mysteriously like maybe you've seen in the past, that happens
because SOMEONE delete's their photo's off Photobucket, or Google etc etc, or you do
at some point - or you move them somewhere else to a different folder.........then you
go in and WOW that picture is GONE all of a sudden.

IN your own FOLDERS in your profile pages, that does not happen, and this kind of mess
with photobucket does not happen if they protected in your OWN profile - But its a
matter of time before RLC figures out they can MAKE extra Money by charging us to do
that as well - and Utherverse is PUSHING pretty hard anyway to get everyone over to the
NEW RLC, so this will work right into that for utherverse to facilitate that transistion
of its members from REGULAR Utherverse to the NEW ONE - its a dog eat dog world these
days, A snake eating its OWN TAIL so to say.

Utherverse IS BIG ENOUGH to get something done in regards to all this, but the question
is JUST HOW IMPORTANT AND VALUABLE do they CONSIDER the million or so members that pay
their 20.00 a month membership fee's.

sunsets831
2 users thanked SoulProvider_831 for this useful post.
Malloree on 7/3/2017(UTC), Gds_HarlQuin_UnS on 7/5/2017(UTC)
Angels
#37 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 6:32:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Connemara_BBB Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

What a nasty surprise to go to his property and discover that all, (I said ALL) textures, from the ground to the sky, have disappeared !!
I was so upset!
At the beginning of the week, when I arrived, my textures had disappeared. I thought, maybe the architect who made the Layout, had used images, which are too much used. I did not understand what the inscription "3rd Party Hosting" meant ...
So, I've done it all again. I recorded each image one by one and then I put them back into my PB account one by one and applied to my property.
I would like to point out that it was a property I had had as a gift in a Christmas swagbag three years ago, or four years ago.
I finished all over again on Thursday night. I was happy. I was very happy. I had a profound sense of hard work. Loll I had put everything back, from grass to heaven. It took me time, but I was happy to find my property. Big error!
I arrive tonight (Friday), and disaster. Everything had disappeared again!
After research, I understood the problem.

This made thought of the hostage taking that Uvdeviant had made two years ago, with our clothes and textures .. It was not very nice.

A friend told me about the hosting site: postimage.org.
It's a free site. I did a test. I managed to put an image and apply it where it had disappeared in Red Light Center.
Hopefully this will help. I do not know quite, if he is very good. I made my account, I tried an image and it works.

Good luck and good luck to you.

Good day or good evening and good weekend.

P.S: If you see any errors in this text, it's because I use google translation to post here and I'm really sorry. Wink

Bonjour à tous,

Quelle mauvaise surprise d'aller dans sa propriété et de découvrir que toutes, (j'ai bien dit TOUTES) les textures, du sol au ciel, ont disparues !!
J'étais tellement énervé !
En début de semaine, en arrivant, mes textures avaient disparues. Je me suis dit, que peut-être l'architecte qui a fait le Layout, avait utilisé des images, qui sont trop utilisées. Je n'avais pas comprit ce que voulais dire l'inscription "3rd Party Hosting"...
Alors, j'ai tout refait. J'ai enregistré chaque image, une à une, puis je les aies remises dans mon compte PB une à une et appliquée dans ma propriété.
Je précise que c'est une propriété que j'avais eut en cadeau dans un swagbag de Noël il y a peut-être trois ans, ou quatre ans.
J'ai fini de tout refaire, jeudi soir. J'étais content. J'étais très content. J'avais le sentiment prodond du travail bien fait. loll J'avais tout remit, du gazon au ciel. Cela m'a prit du temps, mais j'étais content de retrouver ma propriété. Grossière erreur !
J'arrive ce soir, (vendredi), et désastre. Tout avait disparu de nouveau !
Après recherches, j'ai comprit le problème.

Cela fait pensé à la prise d'otage qu'avait fait Uvdeviant il y a deux ans, avec nos vêtements et textures.. Ce n'était pas très sympa.

Un ami m'a parlé du site d'hébergement : postimage.org.
C'est un site gratuit. J'ai fait un test. J'ai réussit à mettre une image et à l'appliquer là ou elle avait disparues dans Red Light Center.
En espérant que cela pourra vous aider. Je ne sais pas tout à fait, s'il est très bien. J'ai fais mon compte, j'ai essayé une image et cela fonctionne.

Bonne chance et bon courage à vous.

Bonne journée ou bonne soirée et bon week-end.

P.S: Si vous voyez des erreurs dans ce texte, c'est parce que j'utilise google traduction pour poster ici et j'en suis vraiment désolé. Wink

Merci Bea coup, Ami! ThumpUp Smile Much appreciated!

Hi Connemara_BBB,

With pleasure, if it can helpWink Thanks for the little wink lol
Merci beaucoup ! lol Wink

Bonsoir Connemara_BBB,

Avec plaisir, si cela peut rendre serviceWink Merci pour le petit clein d'oeil lol

try this website :https://www.uploadhouse.com/

Be happy life its to short ! <3
SCOT_BADBOY_BDHC
#38 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 1:50:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Sunsets831 bother read my topic is a link ty
Manon_Qc
#39 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:01:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
''So, I've done it all again. I recorded each image one by one and then I put them back into my PB account one by one and applied to my property.''

Oh my god!!

Mussentuchit
#40 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:03:37 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: The_Wraith Go to Quoted Post
The Filezilla program is free. You need to supply the machine it runs on and be able to keep in running 24/7. If it's turned off then what ever is hosted in world goes blank till it's turned back on. Depending on your set up at home there could also be firewall and networking issues to set up and adjusted also.

if you look on web i found small dell miniservers for under $300.00 at server supply. comes with xeon and 6gb ram..can be upgraded later as money allows.
https://www.serversupply...pid_query.asp?pid=126871
drop some linux into it add filezilla and done. about a days work..