Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Move to Location / Move to Owned Start Point / Move to Start Region
_Aikido_
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 7:22:30 PM(UTC)

Hello,

What I want to do is create an elevated dance floor in my zab that is above the main floor but not out of my zab. I would like to have a start point on the main floor and then be able to click on something and then end up on the elevated dance floor. What's the best way to do this? I see scripts for Move to Location, Move to Owned Start Point, Move to Start Region, Move to Welcome Region. What's the difference between them and how do I set up each from a beginning point to and end point? Also, what's the best thing to use for the elevated dance floor, Court floor, plane01, etc.? Ty Move
LazTopCat
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 7:27:10 PM(UTC)

Look at this thread http://forums.utherverse...UPDATED-AND-REVISED.aspx
as how I'd do it... if its just in the zaby, I'd create a court floor and build some stairs.......... much more elegant
than a port.

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 4/10/2017(UTC)
_Aikido_
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 7:52:23 PM(UTC)

I've seen this list before. I wasn't able to find the answers to the specific questions I was asking above. I find some of the instructions on this link confusing. For example "under how to teleport in zaby" it reads: choose the script tab and set it to go to a user owned location. There's no setting for user owned location. There's settings for: Moved to Owned Star Point, Move to Location, Move to Region but nothing for User Owned Location. I'm hoping someone will just spell out A B C D steps, at least for Startpoint Manager, from beginning to end.

Also, there use to be a RLC library that someone could go to. There were specific books to click on for different topics, for example, Books for avatars, deco, props, etc. I believe it was in Rock City, does anyone know about this?
1 user thanked _Aikido_ for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC)
Dartagnan_TFM
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 8:41:46 PM(UTC)

User owned location is the same as move to owned startpoint.

When you use this script, it shows a drop down of all your owned properties that have startpoints. It deals with OWNED properties by the user.

The different scripts for porting is explained in the Porting and Location section.
2 users thanked Dartagnan_TFM for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/11/2017(UTC)
_Aikido_
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 8:51:23 PM(UTC)

So for example I have a red star on the main floor that I'm using for the Start Point. I set the script on the red star to "move to owned start point"? Then I have a blue star on the elevated dance floor. How do I set the blue star as the end point on the elevated floor?
DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC)
__Dusty__
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:04:04 PM(UTC)

To begin with, the sript that you use to port to the dance floor is the Move to Location script.

First, after you create the dance floor, stand where you would like people to enter the dance floor.

Press F2 and write down the X-Y-Z numbers and the yaw number which is the second set of numbers under Rotation.

Go to where you have the prop to port to the dance floor.

Use the Move to Location script and write down the numbers for XYZ and yaw.

Close the prop. When you click the star, you will port to the dance floor.

On the star on the dance floor, repeat the process using the XYZ coordinates from the original startpoint or from wherever you want to port from the dance floor into the zaby.

Move to Location
is used when porting within a certain property.

Move to Owned Startpoint
is used when you wish to port to another property you own.

Move to VWW URL
is used when porting to a specific URL of a property owned by someone else.

Move to Welcome Region
is used when porting to the RLC Welcome Center.

Move to Start Region
ports to your own transport or RLC transport if you do not have your own.

FLYING: You can also FLY in your own properties, as well as the Sports Club, which helps when creating/building.

You have to create the ability to fly in your property rules.

Go to your Property page on your Social Page.

Click Manage on the property you wish to fly then click Rules tab.

Scroll down to the settings list and click:

ALLOW PROPERTY OWNER TO FLY

then click create.

If you are in a property and create it, you must F5 to register the FLY rule.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
4 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor on 4/9/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 4/10/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/11/2017(UTC)
_Aikido_
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:17:02 PM(UTC)

Mstrs_Dusty_DFAA thanks for answering my questions. When I create a court floor, and then elevate it to where I want it to be, I'm unable to jump that high or I fall though the floor. How do I stand on the elevated court floor, with out falling through or when it's high, so I can obtain the coordinates?
2 users thanked _Aikido_ for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 4/9/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC)
__Dusty__
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:19:51 PM(UTC)

When you create the dance floor where you want it, you have to make the floor collidable so you won't fall through.

Also, allow yourself to fly in your property permissions and then you can fly up to the floor to stand on.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/9/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/11/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:20:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: MoveTheBody Go to Quoted Post
Mstrs_Dusty_DFAA thanks for answering my questions. When I create a court floor, and then elevate it to where I want it to be, I'm unable to jump that high or I fall though the floor. How do I stand on the elevated court floor, with out falling through or when it's high, so I can obtain the coordinates?

Did you make sure the court floor was collidable? Also is the move to location point at least 571 above The Y position of the court floor you're moving to?

Best,

Anhton

Edit: Dusty's allow to fly is a great idea that should definitely help.
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 4/9/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/9/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:29:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So Dusty totally beat me to it Tongue lol but I'm still gonna post the video just in case its helpful at all, though Dusty's instructions should do it Wink

I apologize in advance if the video puts you to sleep and/or sucks, a lil dead on my feet atm Tongue

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

4 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/9/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 4/9/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/11/2017(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 10:13:15 PM(UTC)

Great vid, Jay! (AND without coffee!)

** offers some with cookies**
🍮

🍪 🍫

The_Black_Rieder
#12 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 3:40:08 AM(UTC)

As above, you do have to ensure the floor is made collideable but I often use a cube and create it then move it to a location using the mouse and dragging it. If I want the top of a building tower top I partly embed it in the building and raise it up till I see it go above the top of the building a little ways in the air. Then read the coordinates of the Position Tab of that prop and write them down. Delete the prop so you don't end in the middle of it. Then set a port or teleport to those coordinates of simply XYZ. Once you physically get there you can stand with your back to maybe a door as if you just walked through it, set a Startpoint then change the previous one with simple XYZ coordinates to a Move To StartPoint. My friend calls this "the power of the cube".

Sometimes when we give people an idea how to set these things we're not in the property so no access to the Prop Editor to read out word for word what they say. Many people have memory problems anyway but I have short term memory problems and may even forget this message 5 minutes after I send it. I have no control over what I do remember and what I do not. So sometimes the descriptions are down to common sense and unfortunately aimed at people who fully understand English. Some folks do not and as it is not their Native tongue I suppose these mysteries will happen to them from time to time.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
Fina_Tina
#13 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 5:07:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: MoveTheBody Go to Quoted Post

Move the target elevation higher than the floor elevation. The experts could tell you exactly how much higher, but I would do it by trial and error, starting with maybe 50 and increasing another 50, one or more times, if need be. If your target is based on X/Y/Z coordinates, just increase Y. If your target is based on a saved location, move the floor higher, temporarily, re-save the target location, then move the floor back down.
1 user thanked Fina_Tina for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/11/2017(UTC)
_Aikido_
#14 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 8:44:51 PM(UTC)

You can use Start Point Manager in a zab. This is simple and no X Y Z and yaw numbers are required. Start Point Mananager does the numbers automatically. Thanks Durty Jay for posting your video, it makes the whole process so much easier than using Move To Location script.
Anhton_Novo on 4/11/2017(UTC)