Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Calling all flash experts!
DurtyJay
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 2:54:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Creating a moving Transparent animation that will work in game. What I mean by "that will work in game" I mean that the frames wont stack on top of each other.
I have a feeling theres some kind of coding im missing or maybe im using the wrong program? I've seen it done all over rlc, so I know this is possible.
In the short video bellow you'll see the issue, you see the past frames behind the current one, so now it just looks like a start blob on acid.

I've tried just a really super simple square until i can get the mechanics on this right, heres how i have the frames set up as well as my publish settings

Heres a couple of the samples that ive already tried but arent working, I dont think its my settings on the prop, I think it has more to do with the flash (swf) file.
http://img110.xooimage.c...etest_3_256-51935dd.swf
http://img110.xooimage.c...uare-rotate-519573e.swf

I know theres something im missing, either some kind of coding or maybe i need to run it thru another program?
Im exporting it directly as a swf so i dont have to worry about losing the transparency.
I think the short explanation of what Im trying to do is to make sure the frames are not stacking on each other.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Oh and the program im using is Adobe Annimate CC 2015.2 (yes i know i need to update Tongue)

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

2 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
B_Joe on 2/10/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/10/2017(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 3:08:56 PM(UTC)

I just don't think moving transparents work in game Sad
1 user thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/10/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#3 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 3:30:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
but they do! Sad I've paid for them in the past, and honestly most of the time, I'll probably still pay for them in the future - it is a bit of a time consuming task. But I'd still like to learn how to do it for myself. Especially for the really simple basic ones like a rotating star.

Examples of moving transparent in game flash:

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

3 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Silesa on 2/10/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 2/10/2017(UTC), SaphyreRose on 2/13/2017(UTC)
Silesa
#4 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 3:44:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
This got me also i could do the transparent alright,

but always got the ghost trails on movement.

Making me nutso also i have seen it done without the trails.
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
1 user thanked Silesa for this useful post.
B_Joe
#5 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 6:07:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm wrestling with this one, too. No luck so far.

Joe
1 user thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor
#6 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 6:42:42 PM(UTC)

DurtyJay;1468255 wrote:
but they do! Sad I've paid for them in the past, and honestly most of the time, I'll probably still pay for them in the future - it is a bit of a time consuming task. But I'd still like to learn how to do it for myself. Especially for the really simple basic ones like a rotating star.

Examples of moving transparent in game flash:

I believe your examples are multiple pics similar to a GIF image rather than flash move object type coding. So rather than actually using flash to turn your stars introduce a new pic with slightly turned star and simultaneously ending visibility of the previous to give the appearance of movement. I'm no expert but this is something you could try.

Wink
JHEKHO_Vzla
#7 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 7:29:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If the flash is working with movement and transparent background, An example, that that snowman (it is a flash). I have also tried to do it and nothing. I think it has to do with some flash version or some encoding, let's hope the experts tell us the way.
3 users thanked JHEKHO_Vzla for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/10/2017(UTC), Silesa on 2/11/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#8 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 8:42:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I found a quote from about 3 years ago from Viegoth.... I've played around with the transparent flash files but I have never had much luck.

Viegoth;1188064 wrote:
Turns out animated flash with a transparent background is not supported in newer versions of the Adobe Flash plugin in Utherverse. Actually, I believe this is an issue with all 3D environments, not just Utherverse.

In version 11.0.1.152 of the Adobe Flash plugin, Adobe introduced a solution for this and it worked. But in later versions it stopped working. The solutions are to either roll back to the previous version of Flash in Internet Explorer, or to replace the transparent background in the flash video. You can try adjusting the settings in the prop editor, but in the end the results will be the same. It has to do with how Flash is drawing images over the transparent areas.

Maybe newer versions of Flash have solved this problem. I hope you're able to figure this out.

Best,

Anhton

3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/10/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 2/10/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/11/2017(UTC)
_Emu_
#9 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 9:01:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Found this if it helps...

http://forums.redlightcenter.com/yaf_postsm968064_posts.aspx#post968064#post968064#post968064

Quote:
So, it's time to dispel the myths))) Russian way of destruction of "shadows"Wink))
Turn on the flash editor. I used an example Macromedia Flash 8MX. Although it can be done in AS3. Run the program and create a new project.
Make graphics that will move in a flash, in my case a ball. My ball size 96 x 96 pixels.
1) Insert - New Symbol - Gaphic - Name "ball"
Then we have a movie-clip that will "erase" the shadow. Give it a name "eraser".
2) Insert - New Symbol - Movie clip - Name "eraser"
Nothing draw in this clip, only the frame do the following code:
Code:
createTextField ("eraser", 0, -100, -100, 200, 200 );
eraser.background=true;
eraser.backgroundColor=0x009FF7;

I made the text field size of 200 x 200 pixels and is centered on its coordinates.
Show Spoiler

Next, we make another clip, call it "rotate".
We set the ball movement in a circle, and then create a layer (layer with the ball dlolzhen be higher), which according to the same trajectory will move "eraser".
Show Spoiler

Put a clip on the main stage. Done. We have a flash for the game without a "shadow".
Link to check in the game:http://images.lovecity3d.net//kralex/swf/antishadow/moveballs_noshadow.swf
This way you can do anything. I hope you enjoyed my decision. I would like to make friends with interesting, creative people. I still have a lot of surprises. Smile
Butterfly:
http://images.lovecity3d...ow/butterfly_kralex.swf

Sincerely, kralex_design from Russia.
5 users thanked _Emu_ for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/10/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/10/2017(UTC), Silesa on 2/11/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/11/2017(UTC), Anita_Spankin on 3/8/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#10 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 9:09:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
WOOT!! WTG EMU!! Now for some major coffee and see if i can figure out how to do that with animate!

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

1 user thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Silesa on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#11 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 9:19:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DurtyJay;1468286 wrote:
WOOT!! WTG EMU!! Now for some major coffee and see if i can figure out how to do that with animate!

Please let us know if it works. I may try it also sometime this weekend if I have time.

Best,

Anhton
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/10/2017(UTC), Silesa on 2/11/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#12 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 10:33:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Anhton_Novo;1468288 wrote:
DurtyJay;1468286 wrote:

Please let us know if it works. I may try it also sometime this weekend if I have time.

Best,

Anhton

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

oh and .....

so far...just alot of this going on Brick wall

Anyone else have any luck?

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

Anhton_Novo
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:14:31 AM(UTC)

Medals:
What DurtyJay said! :-)

When I tried to publish the file I got 3 errors.

Symbol 'eraser', Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 1, Column 1 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method createTextField.
Symbol 'eraser', Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 2, Column 1 1120: Access of undefined property eraser.
Symbol 'eraser', Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 3, Column 1 1120: Access of undefined property eraser.

Anyone successful?

I'll try to have another go at it later this weekend.

Best,

Anhton

DurtyJay;1468290 wrote:
Anhton_Novo;1468288 wrote:
DurtyJay;1468286 wrote:

Best,

Anhton

oh and .....

so far...just alot of this going on Brick wall

Anyone else have any luck?

1 user thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:55:23 PM(UTC)

Kesha;1468273 wrote:

I believe your examples are multiple pics similar to a GIF image rather than flash move object type coding. So rather than actually using flash to turn your stars introduce a new pic with slightly turned star and simultaneously ending visibility of the previous to give the appearance of movement. I'm no expert but this is something you could try.

Wink

I tried my theory and no luck
DurtyJay on 2/11/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 2:06:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The closet i have been able to make it is by using the program Kralex used, Macromedia Flash 8MX, which i dont think is availible with exception of the free trial i found
http://macromedia-flash-...o_download_manager=true

http://img110.xooimage.c...1/8/ball-12-51974e7.swf

I think the code that he listed in his tut was specific for Macromedia. The other potential gitch may also be that when you export from there, you export for flash player 8. Sad

On the plus side, I think this can give us some potential good clues. I think the key lies in Action scripts for adobe animate. now if I could just figure out which one to use. :/

Time for a break to do some shoppppping!! I hear the shop hop calling my name!

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

2 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/11/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:27:28 PM(UTC)

I was trying to follow along in Flash CS6 AS3 as a total newb but between spoiler 1 and 2 he says ad "clip" then has 2 layers. This is where I get lost. Ill past his quote again with spoilers if anyone can step by step explain this.

kralex_design;1334624 wrote:
So, it's time to dispel the myths))) Russian way of destruction of "shadows"Wink))
Turn on the flash editor. I used an example Macromedia Flash 8MX. Although it can be done in AS3. Run the program and create a new project.
Make graphics that will move in a flash, in my case a ball. My ball size 96 x 96 pixels.
1) Insert - New Symbol - Gaphic - Name "ball"
Then we have a movie-clip that will "erase" the shadow. Give it a name "eraser".
2) Insert - New Symbol - Movie clip - Name "eraser"
Nothing draw in this clip, only the frame do the following code:
Code:
createTextField ("eraser", 0, -100, -100, 200, 200 );
eraser.background=true;
eraser.backgroundColor=0x009FF7;

I made the text field size of 200 x 200 pixels and is centered on its coordinates.

Next, we make another clip, call it "rotate".
We set the ball movement in a circle, and then create a layer (layer with the ball dlolzhen be higher), which according to the same trajectory will move "eraser".

Put a clip on the main stage. Done. We have a flash for the game without a "shadow".
Link to check in the game:http://images.lovecity3d.net//kralex/swf/antishadow/moveballs_noshadow.swf
This way you can do anything. I hope you enjoyed my decision. I would like to make friends with interesting, creative people. I still have a lot of surprises. Smile
Butterfly:
http://images.lovecity3d.net//kralex/swf/antishadow/butterfly_kralex.swf

Sincerely, kralex_design from Russia.

4 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/11/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/11/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/11/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/13/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:25:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
So heres an awful video, pardon all the swearing, even after doing it this time, ive now only been successful at it twice. Havent tried anything like spinning stuff or what not. But this might help for the little do hickeys inbetween layers 1 and 2. I did it with macromedia flash as thats the closest thing i have to AS3. I think.

heres the swfs that came out of it

http://img110.xooimage.c...9/blueballs-5197b3e.swf
http://img110.xooimage.c...e/5/blueball-5197b05.swf

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

4 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
JHEKHO_Vzla on 2/12/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/12/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/12/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/13/2017(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:00:46 AM(UTC)

DurtyJay;1468251 wrote:
Creating a moving Transparent animation that will work in game. What I mean by "that will work in game" I mean that the frames wont stack on top of each other.
I have a feeling theres some kind of coding im missing or maybe im using the wrong program? I've seen it done all over rlc, so I know this is possible.
In the short video bellow you'll see the issue, you see the past frames behind the current one, so now it just looks like a start blob on acid.

I've tried just a really super simple square until i can get the mechanics on this right, heres how i have the frames set up as well as my publish settings

Heres a couple of the samples that ive already tried but arent working, I dont think its my settings on the prop, I think it has more to do with the flash (swf) file.
http://img110.xooimage.c...etest_3_256-51935dd.swf
http://img110.xooimage.c...uare-rotate-519573e.swf

I know theres something im missing, either some kind of coding or maybe i need to run it thru another program?
Im exporting it directly as a swf so i dont have to worry about losing the transparency.
I think the short explanation of what Im trying to do is to make sure the frames are not stacking on each other.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Oh and the program im using is Adobe Annimate CC 2015.2 (yes i know i need to update Tongue)

I had the same issue with a christmas wraith swf

(the light glooms around wraith were stacking, to an ugly brown goo).

I solved it, playing with transparency settings Smile (both at state and flash script)

PS:
(I must pay rent for my Fenwick Resort, and go copy these settings, loll)

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/12/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 2/12/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/13/2017(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:02:28 AM(UTC)

DurtyJay;1468421 wrote:
So heres an awful video, pardon all the swearing, even after doing it this time, ive now only been successful at it twice. Havent tried anything like spinning stuff or what not. But this might help for the little do hickeys inbetween layers 1 and 2. I did it with macromedia flash as thats the closest thing i have to AS3. I think.

I think you got it. Great job Cheesy

Awesome video totally get it now ThumpUp
4 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/12/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 2/12/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/13/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/13/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:43:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Great job! I'm hoping there's an equivalent for actionscript 3 so it can be done with CC versions. I looked through a list of AS3 commands and I was noticing that "create" (which was in the first line of the three lines of script for the eraser symbol) didn't seem to be one of them. (maybe I just missed it) I'm going to dig a little deeper and hopefully will find something.

Once again, great job! Another RLC mystery has been solved.

Thanks so much!

Anhton

DurtyJay;1468421 wrote:

3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 2/12/2017(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/13/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/13/2017(UTC)