Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Ship Bounding Boxes... Are They Cool?
B_Joe
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:50:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I just ran across the Ship Bounding Box props and realize I don't know anything about using them, and can't find any instructions for their use with a forum or Google search.

Are they of any use to us? How do you use them? And most important, can we do anything cool with them?

Thanks!

Joe
3 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC)
The_Wraith
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:02:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The only thing I've found with them is if you put out the wrecked ship and use the same coordinates on the bounded boxes they fit over the ship. Other then that I don't think they do anything.
5 users thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/5/2017(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:06:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: B_Joe Go to Quoted Post
I just ran across the Ship Bounding Box props and realize I don't know anything about using them, and can't find any instructions for their use with a forum or Google search.

Are they of any use to us? How do you use them? And most important, can we do anything cool with them?

Thanks!

Joe

This is very interesting. I don't recall seeing those used anywhere before. I'm looking forward to see replies to this thread.
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
B_Joe on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:10:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you, Wraith. I guess that's why I never noticed them before.

Best,

Joe
2 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:15:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have seen the script before but never knew what it was meant for..I did wonder for a while if it was used on a ship if it automatically "rocked the boat"? I never tried it and have never used it.

I'm also looking forward to replies.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

5 users thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/5/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 1/5/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:46:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I got nuffin either. Although you get some nifty & interesting shapes when you slap a texture on them.

Maybe possibly something to do with the lagoon? That's the only hard coded sunken ship i know of and it seems like they would have something to do with that prop.

I was thinking maybe the pass to linked prop? but I still have no idea how to make that damn script work. You would think maybe move within BOUNDED BOX... im clueless and thanks joe, this will now drive me nuts slowly until i forget about it. Tongue

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

5 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
B_Joe on 1/5/2017(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/5/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:53:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
"Pass to Linked Prop"... I seem to remember that script having something to do with triggering the VIP Rope prop, but I don't remember. I had all sorts of stuff I wanted to do with a script that would trigger some action based on user activity, but I didn't find anything cool that the script would trigger other than the VIP rope. (Hint: that was back in the days when I was still interested in developing sex toy props.)

The images look interesting. Maybe something useful there. Thanks for the idea!

Best.

Joe

4 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC)
__Dusty__
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 8:44:02 PM(UTC)

Regarding Pass to link prop and VIP Rope, take a look at this thread from Viegoth:

http://forums.utherverse...-and-VIP-Rope-Usage.aspx

As for the boxes, I agree with Wraith in that they do nothing except coordinate mimic.

However, re-texturing makes for some cool stuff as Jay suggests.

As far as passing to link prop is concerned , I would think that gender blocker would work better, IMO.

“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
4 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/5/2017(UTC), B_Joe on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:05:22 PM(UTC)

has anybody tried move in bounded box script yet? im not in world so i dont know what it will do. but try this.. make the boxes around the ship then see what heppens when you add move in bounded box script. try on ship and boxes.. may make the ship move.. who knows.
2 users thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/5/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC)
B_Joe
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 11:31:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post
has anybody tried move in bounded box script yet? im not in world so i dont know what it will do. but try this.. make the boxes around the ship then see what heppens when you add move in bounded box script. try on ship and boxes.. may make the ship move.. who knows.

Move Within a Bounded Box is one of the most powerful animation tools in a deco's toolkit. It's your go-to animator for insects, birds, animals, vehicles, and just about anything you could conceivably want to move.

Much has been written about using this script. I won't give a tutorial here, but just a couple of tips off the top of my head.

The X, Y, and Z values set the size of the box your prop will move around in. That's obvious. But you can play some neat tricks by setting two of the axes to zero, leaving your prop free to oscillate on only one axis. Good for moving stuff up and down, side to side, or in and out.

Once you start a prop moving in a box, it's sometimes hard to catch it if you want to change something. The best way to capture an elusive prop is to find it in the prop list, go to the script, then set the prop's speed to 1. (NOT ZERO!). Once your prop is about stopped, you can revise the script parameters, catch your butterfly, or whatever you need to do.

Set the speed to 1 before making any changes to a moving prop. Then restore the speed to its original value.

Everyone seems to set the turn rate too fast. You'll normally achieve more realistic action with slow, graceful turns.

Experiment, experiment, and experiment some more!

Have fun!

Joe
2 users thanked B_Joe for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 1/5/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/6/2017(UTC)
DurtyJay
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 11:46:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post

I tried on both, even though i was pretty positive that isn't really how that script works, but the name of the prop made me try it. No dice.

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

1 user thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/6/2017(UTC)
_Emu_
#12 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 12:46:17 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Every prop you use is in a bounded box (the green outlines).The prop is drawn in box and can never leave its boundary. If you were to add a Bounded box script then you are adding another box outside the original for that box to move about it. It's just strange these are named ship bounded box_xxx

Here's my theory and I wish I was wrong....

The bounded boxes are leftovers from when the model of the ship was created. Why they were uploaded though...???? an oopsie maybe?

I set up the same as Jay above and the gaps in between the box textures and ship textures are to large to be useful for a texture...

I'd love to be proved wrong on this and someone find a use for them

x
3 users thanked _Emu_ for this useful post.
B_Joe on 1/6/2017(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/6/2017(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/29/2017(UTC)