Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can you sell this??
Mussentuchit
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:19:33 PM(UTC)

I have been seeing many posts and many questions on how to do things. I have seen some marvelous work and some... well lets leave that alone.
Making things in RLC is fun time consumkng but nonethess for many of us its fun. Some are better than others and some are learning.
And o have to give kudos to all those in forum and in world that are willing to help.
So hats off to you ladies and gents Applause we know you have other things to do but you help when you can.
Now i want to give some hope to new folks that are coming in to this world of 3d... lets call it creating. Things can be daunting we get it and i want to point out the help found in this forum is priceless. Many other places even charge for this level of help.

Now about the headliner.
When you create something in here and you are not sure how it looks try to sell it. Ask yourself is this something i could sell? This would be a great approach to clothing design. Can you sell this? Is it unique? Did you see a similar item in the catalog? Did You know limited quantities sell faster than many quantities? Also seems to be the less there are the less likely it is to be copied.
So new folks dont be afraid of failure, edison failed 2000 times with the lightbulb but saw it as 2000 ways of how NOT to make a lightbulb.

So come on in join the crowd create something and have fun..
4 users thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 6/22/2016(UTC), Cougar on 6/22/2016(UTC), Cassey on 6/22/2016(UTC), SaphyreRose on 6/23/2016(UTC)
Silly_Sunshine
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:53:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:

so there is hope that i can sell doggie doo-doo hairstyles?? wooohooo!! i'll keep working on them then!
Don't rock n' roll, no Don't rock n' roll, no Don't rock n' roll, no no no no no
Don't rock n' roll, no Don't rock n' roll, no Don't rock n' roll, no no no no no
Hey! Kids!... Hey! Kids!... Hey! Kids!... Hey! Kids!
1 user thanked Silly_Sunshine for this useful post.
Mussentuchit on 7/7/2016(UTC)
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:21:11 AM(UTC)

You can sell anything.
Some gamers would even buy a box with dog poo if there was a Blizzard Logo on it.

No offense to any designer or deco ... but when I see some of these "designs" I would probably go with the dog poo first. Wink

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
1 user thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
Playa_Designs
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:05:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: DJ_Hyporis_EXC Go to Quoted Post
You can sell anything.
Some gamers would even buy a box with dog poo if there was a Blizzard Logo on it.

No offense to any designer or deco ... but when I see some of these "designs" I would probably go with the dog poo first. Wink

Here you go Hypo....dilemma solved...you can have both.

1 user thanked Playa_Designs for this useful post.
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:08:51 AM(UTC)

....but it does not smell Wink

P.S.
Don't get me wrong on this. It's nice to see that new designers taking a step and start to contribute, but this should by no way mean that every design attempt flooding the catalogue.
When you have to wade through pages and pages of literally crap to find something decent nowdays....
There should be at least some entry level for submissions into the catalogue.

Mussentuchit
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 7:42:42 PM(UTC)

here is one i came up with used a curved bench slapped rock texture on it cloned it, put 3dsign on floor with grass and used a pillow for seating on the flower bed wall.. took 10 minutes cause i had to find the textures.. a bit more work i could turn this into a small water garden with plants but basics can not animate.. Sad
vww://utherverse.vww/@1113371 should be open..

DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#7 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:40:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post
here is one i came up with used a curved bench slapped rock texture on it cloned it, put 3dsign on floor with grass and used a pillow for seating on the flower bed wall.. took 10 minutes cause i had to find the textures.. a bit more work i could turn this into a small water garden with plants but basics can not animate.. Sad

Whats the story of the snowman there? Grin

Mussentuchit
#8 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 9:12:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: DJ_Hyporis_EXC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post

Whats the story of the snowman there? Grin

this is more of a science lab for me. to experiment with textures and silly stuff. was gonna make it into a christmas theme micro village for christmas last year but ran out of ideas.. and vip..
Xaoz
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:55:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You can never tell what will sell with clothing designs. Some of my best selling outfits I nearly deleted because I thought they would not sell. Some outfits that I thought should have sold didn't sell for months until they were 'discovered'. There just isn't any way to predict what will be a good seller and what will not. Price and available quantity don't seem to be much of a factor for me. So I make something and put it out there without any expectations of saleability now.

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
1 user thanked Xaoz for this useful post.
Mussentuchit on 6/28/2016(UTC)
0o_Aeryn_o0
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 10:28:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Same goes for deco. I pride myself to make the coolest layouts, but they don't all apply to all. So, I just make them awesome in my own eye. If they sell, cool, if they dont I drop em and create new stuff. If you design for a certain genre or do custom stuff, you can sell to a limited market at first, then expand it to others. When it comes to clothing- I'm always looking for unique items to use in my layouts- costumes, uniforms, etc. My latest search was for chauffeur outfits and only turned up a few and they had no caps (hats), so had to kit-bash several outfit items to make em work.