Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3d_sign collide.. any ideas??
Mussentuchit
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 2:09:26 PM(UTC)

the scenario:
im using a 3d_sign to make wall(s) with nice brick texture the reason behind this is the texture goes to both sides evenly and i wont have to worry about the tops and bottoms being blank. in short its uniform.
the problem:
being a realist and seeing how in real life we can not walk through walls i need it to collide. HOWEVER as i increase the size, the collide puts me further and further from the edges. What i need is to be close to end edges like in real life not 20 feet away.. any ideas on this??

UPDATE: ISSUE SOLVED!!
using blank sign_01 add collide then transparent, next resize it within until i get proper collide..
also thank you Rieder for the heads up and ideas in-world..
4 users thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/16/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 5/16/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 5/16/2016(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 5/17/2016(UTC)
LazTopCat
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 3:21:27 PM(UTC)

Did you try making a Sign01, then making it col....never mind... I see you solved it by doing what I was going to suggest.

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/16/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 5/16/2016(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:35:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:

fishtank glass as collide prop for walls. You don't get camera bleed through with it. Just make sure you don't use the bottom collide line sunk into a floor collide, or you can fall through.

It is explained a bit better here

Wall collides without bleed through

To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
3 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/17/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/18/2016(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 5/28/2016(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:40:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SaphyreRose Go to Quoted Post

fishtank glass as collide prop for walls. You don't get camera bleed through with it. Just make sure you don't use the bottom collide line sunk into a floor collide, or you can fall through.

It is explained a bit better here

Wall collides without bleed through

if you increase the thickness of the wall on the 3d sign and then add sign_01 behind and increase its thickness by only.25 with state invisible you will not see any bleed through.. been experimenting with 3d_sign and various textures resolutions as well. looks like i missed out on alot of stuff. using a transpole01 add collide and hide it in a shrunk down base of brick on 3d sign you can make a nice block wall bench.
ill try to put some images up later today..
1 user thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 5/19/2016(UTC)
Lars_Crowley
#5 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 2:28:47 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mussentuchit Go to Quoted Post
the scenario:
im using a 3d_sign to make wall(s) with nice brick texture the reason behind this is the texture goes to both sides evenly and i wont have to worry about the tops and bottoms being blank. in short its uniform.
the problem:
being a realist and seeing how in real life we can not walk through walls i need it to collide. HOWEVER as i increase the size, the collide puts me further and further from the edges. What i need is to be close to end edges like in real life not 20 feet away.. any ideas on this??

UPDATE: ISSUE SOLVED!!
using blank sign_01 add collide then transparent, next resize it within until i get proper collide..
also thank you Rieder for the heads up and ideas in-world..

Never use signs for other than what you want for your tv

Signs create extremely bad lag

The more collideables you uses also creates lag

just sayin,