Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
RUDE Helicopter animation
0o_Aeryn_o0
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:07:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Anybody know how to animate a RUDE Helicopter? I can put a balloon prop or ceiling fan on it set to rotate, but the rotor shaft wont turn. Any clues?

Think
Anhton_Novo
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:09:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: 0o_Aeryn_o0 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody know how to animate a RUDE Helicopter? I can put a balloon prop or ceiling fan on it set to rotate, but the rotor shaft wont turn. Any clues?

Think

Have you tried using the standard helicopter and removing the texture for everything but the blades. Then put the letter h in the state tab.

That may work for you.

Best,

Anhton

0o_Aeryn_o0
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:24:59 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Tht about that, but my paint program is limited and idk where on the map the blades are. Im working on a map right now to add signage to it. I could cheat and add props to make the illusion of rotors turning by adding extra props- but I wanna put them in bounded box and make them airborn.
The_Wraith
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:26:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The Rude Helicopter never had an ANI for it. So there is no way to animate it.
1 user thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/12/2016(UTC)
1_Despicable_Me
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:40:09 PM(UTC)

I've done it, but like Anhton suggested. I never needed the bladeless copter, only the blades - so you will have to erase the blades from the helicopter prop map.

Step 1: Make two helicopters. Erase The blade from one and use this on the other (Helicopter has been erased except blades and hardware). Set the transparency high to get rid of artifacts. However, there is one little one you can't get rid of, but it isn't badly noticable.

Step 2: Use rotation script CCW on that. Set velocity. Make it s fast as you want.

If that isn't the right blade I'll look tomarrow at SteamFucked. There are a couple different ones on the Steampunk airships there. Or you can go and tell me which you like. The big blade or the skinny copter ones.

vww://utherverse.vww/@76427/@912384#here Or I think it is Steamfucked or HMS Hades in Directory.

There are a couple Ornothopters there too. If that is more interesting for your needs, I'll tell you how to do those. The wings actually flap and you can go inside them Tongue.

Go check it out. Whisper2U and I had had a blast making this Steampunk Fleet. It is pretty kewl.

Don't be afraid of the Giant mechanical bug. The fleet has plenty of firepower to dispatch it.
Has Biden The Coward agreed to a live discussion with Putin Yet? Of course not, He's hiding in the Whitehouse Bunker getting his diaper changed still feeling humiliated by Putin.

4 users thanked 1_Despicable_Me for this useful post.
Cougar on 5/12/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/12/2016(UTC), 0o_Aeryn_o0 on 5/12/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/13/2016(UTC)