Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Making a GIF Transparent
DurtyJay
#1 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 6:06:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
First question, is it possible? If so, I'm using photoshop, is there any good how to sites you may recommend for this? I've been trying to figure this out FOOOORRREEEEEVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I want to basically achieve the same effect that you get with the animated water script but Fade set to around 100-120, only I do not want to use Fade...I was hoping i could take the same principle when doing glass, make the texture itself transparent.... im not having much luck in figuring this out, so any help is much appreciated Smile)

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

LazTopCat
#2 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 7:17:51 PM(UTC)

in order to do that in PS, you have to take the GIF/SWF file and change the transparency frame by frame. At least thats how I had to do it in GIMP.

5 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/4/2016(UTC), Lucky_Strke on 4/4/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 4/4/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/4/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#3 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 8:47:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: DurtyJay_BK Go to Quoted Post
First question, is it possible? If so, I'm using photoshop, is there any good how to sites you may recommend for this? I've been trying to figure this out FOOOORRREEEEEVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I want to basically achieve the same effect that you get with the animated water script but Fade set to around 100-120, only I do not want to use Fade...I was hoping i could take the same principle when doing glass, make the texture itself transparent.... im not having much luck in figuring this out, so any help is much appreciated Smile)

Good evening. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need but I just did a test using Photoshop CC 2015. I opened a standard gif file I found via google search.

Here is the original File.

I then opened the timeline window in photoshop and it had 16 individual layers that were used for the animation. For this particular GIF each layer is one frame on the time line. I clicked on the frame in the time line then went to the corresponding layer in the layers panel. I took the opacity to 50%. I repeated this process 16 times until each of the frames was 50%. I then used the Save for Web option and saved it as a transparent gif with a new name. For this particular file it already had the proper setting since it was already a gif file.

Here is the same file at 50% opacity.

I have not tested the actual opacity in world since I don't usually work with gifs in my properties. Hopefully this may work.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton
4 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Lucky_Strke on 4/4/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/4/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 8:49:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: LazTopCat Go to Quoted Post
in order to do that in PS, you have to take the GIF/SWF file and change the transparency frame by frame. At least thats how I had to do it in GIMP.

I did my test based on your suggestion.
Mussentuchit
#5 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 9:12:52 PM(UTC)

it is possible its the hosting thats a pain.

, although this link may do all the work for ya..

gif to png

[/URL]
1 user thanked Mussentuchit for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#6 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 9:54:27 PM(UTC)

Hello Jay!!!

1.I propose (for lag issues) never use a .gif, (using a web browser),

use the .swf version of the file (ypu may use Viegoth's tool or a gif to swf converter)

2. As Anhton said, you can add transparency to all frames of the .gif,

then I suggest that you convert it to .swf and use it!

3. you can use the gif as it is!

First, you "check" Transparency tab "on",

and apply transparency by using a feature in add flash control, that is

Use Color Intensity
levels:

you leave the color channels at default (1.0) value,

and use ALPHA value to give transparency!!

Hugs, you can ask me to covert to transparent flash, ANY gif file you want!

5 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/4/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/5/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2016(UTC), Hermes_s on 4/9/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
DurtyJay
#7 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2016 11:45:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sad still nothing doin the trick, even doing the alpha channel trick loving, the conversion to swf is not the problem for me, i used google cloud convert to change from gif to swf then to host i use Xoomimage... i tried both yours and mine anton, neither one worked Sad theres gotta be something im doing wrong

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

Loving_INTENSE
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2016 12:06:56 AM(UTC)

Sad still nothing doin the trick, even doing the alpha channel trick loving, the conversion to swf is not the problem for me, i used google cloud convert to change from gif to swf then to host i use Xoomimage... i tried both yours and mine anton, neither one worked Sad theres gotta be something im doing wrong

The wrong is, that most gif to swf converters remove the transparency...

Pm me in world!

1 user thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/5/2016(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2016 7:45:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Loving_INTENSE Go to Quoted Post

The wrong is, that most gif to swf converters remove the transparency...

Pm me in world!

*Update*

I coverted Anhton's gif to swf,

https://sites.google.com/site/lovingintense/flash/water%20light.swf

and applied it on a sign_01

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK TRANSPARENCY ON at STATE, too!

-

Here is how it looks Smile

-

(Thanks, Anhton for the nice gif!)

5 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/5/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/5/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 4/9/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2016 11:36:30 AM(UTC)

You must keep the transparency to 0 level at state,

just play with numbers between 0.1 to 0.9 at ALPHA channel..

in add flash control settings

4 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/5/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/5/2016(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/12/2016(UTC)
DurtyJay
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 9:34:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Okay so Loving got the flash working(THANK YOU SEXY BIG BRAIN MAN!!!)...but, everyone can see the transparency but me.... i see the flash its just not transparent... i flushed my dns cache, uninstalled the client then reinstalled, and have done at least 4 repairs... still the same issue... ideas anyone?

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

1 user thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC)
_Inky_
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 1:18:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
send me your file if its possible so i can check it's true properties some programmes don't use true format in their files and this can affect the way they work on RLC and also when trying to open them with different programmes. For converting gif to swf i use http://www.sothink.com/product/swfquicker/ this always gives a true representation of the gif for me and has never failed me yet.
1 user thanked _Inky_ for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 1:48:28 PM(UTC)

Okay so Loving got the flash working(THANK YOU SEXY BIG BRAIN MAN!!!)...but, everyone can see the transparency but me.... i see the flash its just not transparent... i flushed my dns cache, uninstalled the client then reinstalled, and have done at least 4 repairs... still the same issue... ideas anyone?

Heyy Jay, do you still see the water without transparency?

It is applied in 3-4 properties, and over 15 members, saw it fully!

(You did see it too, in Gez's Villa, or not...)

DurtyJay
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 4:17:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Loving_INTENSE Go to Quoted Post

Heyy Jay, do you still see the water without transparency?

It is applied in 3-4 properties, and over 15 members, saw it fully!

(You did see it too, in Gez's Villa, or not...)

Embarassed Only the water, no transparency Sad

Brick wall

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

1 user thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
__Dusty__
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 4:40:42 PM(UTC)

Jay, when you scripted the prop using the Add Flash script, did you scroll down and check the transparent box? Not the State transparency but the script box.

EDIT: meet me in world
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
1 user thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
DurtyJay
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 4:50:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes, and the problem is, EVERYONE can see the water like loving sees it, as transparent....but i dont, i'll go take some screens and post...be back in a jiffy

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

3 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 4/9/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/9/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC)
LazTopCat
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 6:21:45 PM(UTC)

just a thought.... Adobe did another wonderful half assed upgrade to Flash about the same time you started having issues... You might want to check what version you are using and either back out of it or upgrade it, as the situation warrants.

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/9/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC)
__Dusty__
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 8:08:18 PM(UTC)

Problem resolved in world. Checked everything with deco perms and water was not transparent to her.

Had her do 3 repairs in a row checking NO to default and still nothing.

Lastly, had her do 1 repair clicking YES to default and voila. . .transparency can now be seen. . .go figure!

3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 4/9/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/9/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC)
DurtyJay
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 8:47:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mstrs_Dusty_DFAA Go to Quoted Post
Problem resolved in world. Checked everything with deco perms and water was not transparent to her.

Had her do 3 repairs in a row checking NO to default and still nothing.

Lastly, had her do 1 repair clicking YES to default and voila. . .transparency can now be seen. . .go figure!

OMFGAAHHDD! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! NERDGASSSMMMM ..... UHHHHHUHUHHHHHLove LOL Love Woot Woot LOL Drool LOL

.....still recovering from having Dusty give me some "pointers"...AND GIVING ME WATTERRRRR!!! I SEEE WATER NOWWW!!!

LOL Laugh Shocked Dancing Cheesy Dancing Dancing

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH DUSTY!!

....Have I said thank you yet?

THANK YOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME SEE LOVING'S & ANTONS WONDERFUL WATER!!!

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

By Someone Awesome

My Social Center Profile

4 users thanked DurtyJay for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/9/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 4/9/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 4/11/2016(UTC)
__Dusty__
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 9:09:38 PM(UTC)

There is really one thing I am glad of. . .

. . .nerdgasss does not have an odor. . .lmao

Glad it was resolved Jay and you are very welcome smiles.

3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 4/9/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/10/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 4/10/2016(UTC)