Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
The most wished items
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 10:14:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

can anyone explain me, along which criteria items are sorted on the list:

The most wished items

It happened lately that I figured what this list means exactly to me, I think it is because I didn't care much about. I always used to thi nk of it being my personal wishlist.

However, there are serveral items on this list, particularly with it's later pagers, that are wished 1 time. How are thos sorted? It's not by name and from what I get it is also not by date of release.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any helpful hint,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
__Dusty__
#2 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 10:16:52 AM(UTC)

I would direct your question to Rand who is/was the UVC go to guy.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/4/2016(UTC)
Rand
#3 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 11:58:20 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure what secondary criteria they set up for wishlisted items with the same number of wishes either. I've never really looked into it honestly. Just wasn't that important to me.

KNowing the things that it's not, my hunch would be that it may be the order is somehow determined by the date the user added the item to their wishlist. (Not the date published, but the date added.)

Web Dev could tell ya in about 2 seconds. Cuz it's obviously there in the code. It's not like that is proprietary or important information. Of course that doesnt' mean they'd ever tell ya. It's just not something I've ever been willing to spend the time to figure out. But theories could be tested if you had someone to help ya by wishlisting stuff in the order you wanted.
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

3 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/4/2016(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#4 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:06:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello Rand Smile,

thanks very much for your reply. --> points at Dusty .... who said you'd know that *wink*. So I was looking forward to your reply once I realized you being on and active in the forum.

Well, blame my female curiousity, which affects somehow my or the business as well. It can tell you something, if one gets the criteria to know. But I know, sooner ot later, the longer I'm going to watch what happens with my list, I'll figure it.

Kind regards, many thanks, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 3/4/2016(UTC)
__Dusty__
#5 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:10:52 PM(UTC)

Thanks Diving. If anyone would know anything about the clothing system it would be Rand IMO.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/4/2016(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#6 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:11:27 PM(UTC)

They are sorted most wished listed at the the top and those with only 1 wish listed last. You can click the number to see who wished the item and the option to gift the item then is also available.

Edit:

I see the question is actually how are the all the say #1's sorted and don't know sorry. Wink
3 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/4/2016(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#7 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:16:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kesha Go to Quoted Post
They are sorted most wished listed at the the top and those with only 1 wish listed last. You can click the number to see who wished the item and the option to gift the item then is also available.

Hello Kesha,

thanks very much, that I realized somehow, and is nothing but logical. What I was wondering about, how the items are sorted, that are wished 2 times or 1 wish or whatever number/amount else.

Actually I gifted away 10 items ... all of them were wished 1 time. So far so good. The surprise occurs now. It affected the list, that I gifted them. Like a lottery the left items, also wished 1 time, got mixed up and whirled around. Shocked

But I'll experiment some more with that. Time will tell sooner or later, how it all works.

Kind regards, divingA

2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor on 3/4/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 3/4/2016(UTC)
Rand
#8 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:24:14 PM(UTC)

The hardest part is probably going to be in finding a few items that have not yet been wishlisted. (or simply gift all of them before you start testing.)

Once you have a couple of things at 0, have a friend Wishlist one of them. Then wait a day and wishlist another one that is sitting at 0, and review how they appear on your list.

It wouldn't be that hard to test different theories. It'll just take a little help and time.

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

2 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/4/2016(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#9 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 12:32:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Rand Go to Quoted Post
The hardest part is probably going to be in finding a few items that have not yet been wishlisted. (or simply gift all of them before you start testing.)

Once you have a couple of things at 0, have a friend Wishlist one of them. Then wait a day and wishlist another one that is sitting at 0, and review how they appear on your list.

It wouldn't be that hard to test different theories. It'll just take a little help and time.

Hello again Rand,

the more I get into it, the funnier it turns out. Just to be very certain:

- about 2 or max. 3 hours ago I released an new outfit
- which appeared somewhat about 1 hour later on the list, wished 1 time, at bottom of wishlist, which told me something and I thought, so far so logical
- now, after I gifted 10 items above of that ... let's pretend they got added in earlier days .... the most recently released one ... appears in the list .... guess ... LOL

somewhere in the middle, behind items that got released about a month or so ago and also not added earlier ... but above of items, I released about a year ago.

And I can still top the fun. One item, I wanted to gift away right from the list .... guess what? User cant be found. Shocked Grin

I assume one needs to be either drunken or a druid to explain that.

Kind regards, divingA

Celendra_COMC
#10 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 7:03:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yeah the ordering of the stuff with the same number of wishes seems kind of random, honestly. I've noticed that all my items wishlisted once (all the '1's ) seem to randomly move around the list while still remaining in the '1' section . Some days they are higher than others. I just shrug and figure its one of those RLC quirks . lol .

What I find a little weirder is some people wishlist absolutely everything I've ever made, within about 8 hours of me putting it up there. I mean, its nice they notice it but their wishlist must be 100 miles long. And people wishlist free stuff too, which makes me scratch my head - why not just grab it?

Cel
1 user thanked Celendra_COMC for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#11 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 7:41:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Celendra Go to Quoted Post
Yeah the ordering of the stuff with the same number of wishes seems kind of random, honestly. I've noticed that all my items wishlisted once (all the '1's ) seem to randomly move around the list while still remaining in the '1' section . Some days they are higher than others. I just shrug and figure its one of those RLC quirks . lol .

What I find a little weirder is some people wishlist absolutely everything I've ever made, within about 8 hours of me putting it up there. I mean, its nice they notice it but their wishlist must be 100 miles long. And people wishlist free stuff too, which makes me scratch my head - why not just grab it?

Cel

Hello Celendra,

and there we go to some point, which made me stumble about the entire thing. I noticed same here, no matter what I release, it get added from someone, except TG and male items. Of course, I looked at the profile of the person, someone who has

Shocked Shocked Shocked
VIEW MY WISHES (112137)
Shocked Shocked Shocked

And ya ... free items on the wishlist too. I have absolutely no clue what may be teh goal of this way. It just makes me have a damn long list of items wished 1 time, which are, i'm getting that more and more now, definitely randomly sorted.

Kind regards, divingA

Rand
#12 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 8:26:56 PM(UTC)

The serial wishers are just that. It's like they spend their entire day, every day, wishlisting everything from everyone they like. And I guess they hope they get enough gifted to them (either by the designers or other users buying them a gift to impress) Frankly, at one point when I was still active that backfired on some of them.

You see, a couple of times each month I'd pop into the wishlist on my end and send out gifts to the first couple of pages. We're talking a couple hundred outfits at a time. People liked it. I liked doing it. But the serial wishers, I'd just skip them.

You should have seen the day I was leaving. I spent the whole friggin day emptying out wishlists on two accounts. I'm sure they're filled back up by now, but I won't be doing that again. Too much work and takes too much time.

2 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 3/4/2016(UTC), LoneRider71 on 3/7/2016(UTC)
Mussentuchit
#13 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2016 8:51:26 PM(UTC)

I wish upon a star that it was not that far.
I wish upon my heart i could squeeze a smelly fart.
I wish i may i wish might i wish the above all night.
If my wish does not come true i will scream all night at you.

Posted 03042016:215900