Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
System out of date
slv_dina
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:01:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I have been having hell with the RLC client as many do. I just finished a complete unistall and reinstall and now when I attempt to log in it says "system out of date, run an update through the third party patcher", Could someonoe tell me how to do this?
__Dusty__
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:13:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: slv_dina Go to Quoted Post
I have been having hell with the RLC client as many do. I just finished a complete unistall and reinstall and now when I attempt to log in it says "system out of date, run an update through the third party patcher", Could someonoe tell me how to do this?

Make sure the Utherverse Client is NOT running before attempting to use this patch. ***

http://support.uthervers...tools/software/swood.exe

Once the page has loaded, click the INSTALL button to download and install the utility to a temporary location on your computer.

This utility may need to update some of the Microsoft components on your computer first. If prompted to install any of the Microsoft components, select yes.

Once the utility has installed, you will be presented with a blue window. Follow the instructions on the screen to continue.

This should repair the files causing this problem and allow you to log back in to Utherverse.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
slv_dina on 1/17/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/17/2016(UTC)
slv_dina
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 1:37:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I followed the instructions to the best of my abilities and when I got to the blue box, facing it I got THREE boxes BROWSE, REPAIR and QUIT. I never got any instructions past entering that box so I attempted to browse through my files and none would "take" I st had a folder with a box that said OK. No further instructions. So I am stuck again. Thank you for your assistance; do you have an suggestions where I go from here?
Hot_Liquor
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 2:27:06 PM(UTC)

I followed the instructions to the best of my abilities and when I got to the blue box, facing it I got THREE boxes BROWSE, REPAIR and QUIT. I never got any instructions past entering that box so I attempted to browse through my files and none would "take" I st had a folder with a box that said OK. No further instructions. So I am stuck again. Thank you for your assistance; do you have an suggestions where I go from here?

Before reaching the log-in window is the Client Patcher with Repair and Launch buttons. Try doing a repair.
1 user thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
slv_dina on 1/18/2016(UTC)
Viegoth
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 4:18:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Click the 'Browse' button to locate your Utherverse client install folder. This is usually located in one of the following folders.

Windows 32-bit: "C:\Program Files\Utherverse Digital Inc\Utherverse VWW Client"
Windows 64-bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Utherverse Digital Inc\Utherverse VWW Client"

Find your Utherverse client folder in the 'Browse' window, select it, and click 'OK'. Then click the 'Repair' button to continue.

If, for some reason, you are unable to use this tool to repair this issue, please download the following ZIP archive.
http://support.utherverse.com/tools/software/swood.zip

Once this file has been downloaded, follow these steps.
  • Open the downloaded file and copy the files contained within (there should be 3 files) by selecting all of the files at once and pressing CTRL+C on your keyboard.
  • Next, browse to your Utherverse client folder (see instructions above) and paste the files there by pressing CTRL+V on your keyboard.
  • You will see a prompt asking you if you want to replace the existing files. Choose 'Copy and Replace'.
  • Now restart your Utherverse client and you should be able to log in successfully.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
3 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/17/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/17/2016(UTC), slv_dina on 1/18/2016(UTC)
slv_dina
#6 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 5:57:35 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks to everyone for your assistance I can log in now. NOW PROBLEM TWO: when I log on the game toggles "not responding" to responding until I get logged out. I cannot play the game.
Viegoth
#7 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 3:50:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks to everyone for your assistance I can log in now. NOW PROBLEM TWO: when I log on the game toggles "not responding" to responding until I get logged out. I cannot play the game.

Your computer probably needs more memory. However, since you've re-installed and probably repaired, it's likely that your cache has been cleared. Meaning all of the clothing meshes, graphics and other resources need to be downloaded again to rebuild your cache. This process can take a while, depending on how many people you are around. One way to speed up the process is to open the closet in-world and cycle through all of the clothing items one by one. This will rebuild the cache of clothing meshes.

Also, the default settings in Utherverse can be a bit strenuous on lesser computers. You might try lowering your texture detail to medium and changing the Max Avatars to a lower number, or even to 'Adapt'. And finally, you should disable the settings for "Two Pass Texturing" and "Use Packet Compression".

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
2 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/18/2016(UTC), slv_dina on 1/18/2016(UTC)
slv_dina
#8 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 4:52:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
where are the settings you speak about located
so I can make the necessary changes???
__Dusty__
#9 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 4:59:00 PM(UTC)

When in game, click the TOOLS icon and there are the settings
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
1 user thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/18/2016(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#10 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 5:00:45 PM(UTC)

I see you posting in both Curio and Reg support sections. These are two separate systems and problems with Curio is very common. You should make it clear which client you are having trouble with.
1 user thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Viegoth
#11 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 5:29:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kesha Go to Quoted Post

I see you posting in both Curio and Reg support sections. These are two separate systems and problems with Curio is very common. You should make it clear which client you are having trouble with.

Based on their first post, it is already clear that they are using the legacy RLC client.

Easiest way to get to Settings in the 3D client is to press F7 on your keyboard.

Profile Message

-
1 user thanked Viegoth for this useful post.