Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
make a great flashy bullie
Gez21
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:51:43 AM(UTC)

does anyone know how to make a flashy bullie at all
SaphyreRose
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:05:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:

I'd get a wix.com site and use their templates. It's free! and you can add pictures, special effects within their UI. It's a great deal for no cost!
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
5 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/16/2015(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 6/16/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/16/2015(UTC), surreal_smile on 6/16/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/16/2015(UTC)
surreal_smile
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:34:37 PM(UTC)

I'm bein lazy and copyin and pastin from another thread a while ago.....

Originally Posted by: surreal_smile Go to Quoted Post

if you go to wix.com and create an account. Then 'my account' and create new project I think it is off the top of my head.
It will then give you loads of different types of pages you can start with. I usually go with the plain blank page and start my bullies from scratch. You can add in all the other bits of the pages later if you want to.

One you have your blank page up on the left hand side you have all your options like pages, add, etc From here you can add in anything to how you want your bullie to look.

If you look at the top of the page you have some icons like a back button, and some pages. I tend to keep my bullie width to the stop roughly under the 'paste' icon so it looks right on a bullie when you finally post it.

A little while after you've been on your edit page a box will appear to save your work, five it a title and save it but you don't need to publish it yet just save. It'll show up on your 'my account' page later on.

Now you should be good to go to start creating your bullie.
you can click the main page and change style and settings in it with the little box that appears (you get a box for EVERYTHING lol)

You can put your own background in if you don't like any of their images by going to add, add image, add image without frame. this will take you to a bit to upload your own pictures from your computer then use it on your main page.

To be honest in the actual creation of a bullie you're best to play around with all the buttons before creating anything and figuring out what they all do.

For the posting of them as bullies you need an iframe code. Once you bave that you can insert your wix address (it will give you this when you save your work and then click publish look for the wix address in the box that appears copy it and keep clicking ok til the boxes disappear).
I tend to make my bullies none scrollable (is that a word??) so you may need to test the bullie a few times changing the 'height' of the bullie in the code.

Here's one of my iframe codes with bullie address in so you can see where your address of the bullie will fit in to it.

Code:
<iframe width="800" height="880" src="http://surrealsmile1.wix.com/rays " seamless="seamless" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

You can see the address is the http://surrealsmile1.wix.com/rays this is the part you will paste your wix address in to

The height is set to 880 for this bullie but depending on yours you may need to change that to a higher or lower number. one way to test it is to post it on your blog and keep goin back and changing the number til you have the right height. Then you can delete it if necessary Smile

Hope that's of some help, I apologise if I seemed patronising at all, I didn't mean to. And if you need any more help just shout Smile

2 users thanked surreal_smile for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 6/16/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/16/2015(UTC)
Pig_PV
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:24:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Wix is crap learn html-html 5 and make your own~ Wix is like cut and paste is to News and Politics~
Pete Buttigieg 2024!

surreal_smile
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:32:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pig_UB Go to Quoted Post
Wix is crap learn html-html 5 and make your own~ Wix is like cut and paste is to News and Politics~

Wix is kinda like those books....Dummies guide to.... and it's effective enough when you don't have time to learn HTML Smile
It's like a beginners guide to bullie making.

Only really need to learn the other if you plan on making bullies often.
3 users thanked surreal_smile for this useful post.
RandyKnight on 6/16/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/16/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/17/2015(UTC)
WildPlay_WPT
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:40:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Wix is the way to go if you want something quick. If you want to invest some time learning, then I suggest using adobe edge animate, and adobe after effects. Lots of tutorials out there, adobe has gone to a monthly fee thing for products now, but, you have a lot of programs you can get for that monthly fee. I think they make better bullies, as you just have much more flexibility.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public."
- Teddy Roosevelt, in 1918 during the First World War.
4 users thanked WildPlay_WPT for this useful post.
RandyKnight on 6/16/2015(UTC), surreal_smile on 6/16/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/16/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/16/2015(UTC)
LazTopCat
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:51:19 PM(UTC)

surreal, you'er awesome... I used this post in the past. TYVM!!! I've since learned HTML/HTML5 and CSS because of you!!! Thankyou!!!

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
WildPlay_WPT on 6/17/2015(UTC), surreal_smile on 6/19/2015(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:17:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: _WildPlay_WPT Go to Quoted Post
Wix is the way to go if you want something quick. If you want to invest some time learning, then I suggest using adobe edge animate, and adobe after effects. Lots of tutorials out there, adobe has gone to a monthly fee thing for products now, but, you have a lot of programs you can get for that monthly fee. I think they make better bullies, as you just have much more flexibility.

The Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 Suite is awesome. It contains many products for one monthly fee. It includes Photoshop and Illustrator which are some of the best programs around for creating/editing your own textures, the full Flash program for creating animations and as WildPlay said, the Edge Animate and After Effects are very good for creating your own bullies and much of it can be done without learning a lot of the html programming. (Although it never hurts to learn at least the basics of html)

I hope this info helps.

Best,

Anhton
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 6/16/2015(UTC), WildPlay_WPT on 6/17/2015(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:42:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Wix has gone to using HTML only..they don't have the flash templates anymore.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 6/17/2015(UTC)