Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
centova cast
Mr_Maddog
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 2:19:04 PM(UTC)

is anyone having issues streaming with Centova Cast ?
I cant even open their webpage, keeps timing out......grrrrrr
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 2:45:44 PM(UTC)

It does depend on your stream hoster. Mine works fine all evening,

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
2 users thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/16/2015(UTC), Todd73NJ on 5/16/2015(UTC)
LazTopCat
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:17:35 PM(UTC)

Mine is fine. It also depends on your computer/router/modem/ISP. If you can't access a page, I'd sugguest clearing cache and booting. Then see if you can get in.

Todd73NJ
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 4:39:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mr_Maddog Go to Quoted Post
is anyone having issues streaming with Centova Cast ?
I cant even open their webpage, keeps timing out......grrrrrr

Wouldn't surprise me if you were under a DDOS attack - that was my prior experience with the page timing out. Your provider probably does not have a good enough mitigation service.

If you need a new stream provider, let me know!
Mr_Maddog
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 5:04:05 PM(UTC)

What stream provider can you offer
Todd73NJ
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 5:13:43 PM(UTC)

Central Streams

Just visit the stream tab. We have a 125 ray special right now for a 128 bit stream with auto DJ storage.

Drop me and email of you'd like - with a Skye contact - and we can contact you with more details.
1 user thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/16/2015(UTC)
fiamettaAblaze
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 5:33:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Todd73NJ Go to Quoted Post
Central Streams

Just visit the stream tab. We have a 125 ray special right now for a 128 bit stream with auto DJ storage.

Drop me and email of you'd like - with a Skye contact - and we can contact you with more details.

Thanks Todd

Smile
Mr_Maddog
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 5:34:24 PM(UTC)

found out that centova cast is transferring accounts and streams to another server....which "will take some time"...
Not sure if centovacast is done or not....might be time to look for an alternative
1 user thanked Mr_Maddog for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/16/2015(UTC)
SweetGuy
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:21:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Centova cast is the software the server uses to help you stream, not the stream provider itself. Think of it as Windows for your streaming server. Many different providers use Centova cast for their customers, so in the future it will help to mention the company that you pay to get the service.
2 users thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/16/2015(UTC), fiamettaAblaze on 5/17/2015(UTC)
Mr_Maddog
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:23:31 PM(UTC)

i understand that......it is centovacast that i cannot access...not even their web pages
I belive it is centovacast that is affecting my streaming abilities
LazTopCat
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:30:10 PM(UTC)

I don't think its Centova... (I've has been streaming 24/7 for a month now) Its more likely your stream host... contact them and see wtf.
Centova is just the control for your stream provider. If you can't access it... Its probably A) your computer/isp, or B) your stream provider.

Todd73NJ
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:05:59 PM(UTC)

found out that centova cast is transferring accounts and streams to another server....which "will take some time"...
Not sure if centovacast is done or not....might be time to look for an alternative

As was mentioned above... Centova is software used to stream, not your streaming provider.

Fwiw... there are two reasons to transfer to a new server:

1) You need a bigger, or better server (or maybe a smaller server if you are down sizing your streaming business) - but if thats the case, the transition would be seamless. The old server would be running smoothly, the data would be copied to the new server, the DNS would be changed, and as an end user, you would never even experience any down time.

And the more likely reason in this case...

2) The server has been compromised, and crashed - hence why the Centova Panel is timing out when you try to reach it. And that would be why your streaming provider is installing Centova on a new server.

i understand that......it is centovacast that i cannot access...not even their web pages
I belive it is centovacast that is affecting my streaming abilities

As you can see from the below image, Centova's website is running just fine..

I think you are not properly understanding the process. A person has a server, installs Centova, and thats the panel that is used to stream via shout/icecast.

If something is not working, it is most likely the server, or the specific installation of Centova on that server. Not Centova as a whole. As Sweet Guy said, think of it like Windows. Your version may be corrupt and you have to reinstall, but that doesnt mean my version is corrupt.
2 users thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/17/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/17/2015(UTC)
fiamettaAblaze
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:37:47 AM(UTC)

thanks to everyone for the help, in trying to figure out this situation. It's a complete pain in the ass.

i have NO technical know-how whatsoever, i usually just click on Madd's profile and his music is up and playing.

my Madd is too polite to name and shame....i however have no qualms in doing such. Madd streams using TMS...which now seems to be defunct. Not one word of contact from them explaining the situation or what is going on...

i am sure we will get this sorted sooner rather than later.

thanks again, everyone.
2 users thanked fiamettaAblaze for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/17/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/17/2015(UTC)
Todd73NJ
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 9:27:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mrs_fia_Maddog Go to Quoted Post
thanks to everyone for the help, in trying to figure out this situation. It's a complete pain in the ass.

i have NO technical know-how whatsoever, i usually just click on Madd's profile and his music is up and playing.

my Madd is too polite to name and shame....i however have no qualms in doing such. Madd streams using TMS...which now seems to be defunct. Not one word of contact from them explaining the situation or what is going on...

i am sure we will get this sorted sooner rather than later.

thanks again, everyone.

Why doesnt that suprise me? As I said somewhere in one of these threads - do your homework on who you are dealing with. You get what you pay for. Different DJ groups threatening DDOS attacks... threatening DJs, etc...

Im sorry to hear you had to go thru all this, hopefully this will serve as notice for others also, so they dont have to go thru the same drama.
1 user thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/17/2015(UTC)
VeritasAblaze
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:08:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hmm..... Todd? No offense.... but just from a third party who has seen you post in what you refer to as " a neutral stance".... saying things like... and I quote...

"Why doesnt that suprise me? As I said somewhere in one of these threads - do your homework on who you are dealing with. You get what you pay for. Different DJ groups threatening DDOS attacks... threatening DJs, etc... "

.... does come off as a bit.... one-sided, and a touch biast. Unless you can back up the substantiated remarks you've made, it's rather tainting to hear you, above all "neutral minds" to speak such. And rather disheartening. Anyone can have a bad turn of events, or a bad day. What maters at the end of the day, is that said provider is exhausting its efforts to GET it's clients back up and running with as much expedition as technology can allow. No one is bulletproof.... so... before you cast stones? I suggest you analyze facts before you just flippantly toss rumors to the winds like fact. It's highly unprofessional.

Addenum: I am not here to point fingers, make waves, or otherwise mudsling or defame you or anyone Todd. But to point out.... if you are going to to offer a professional opinion... I suggest you do more research than just the forums to get enough "credible info" than to say what you have about ANY stream provider. No one is exempt from attacks. Not even yours. That said... have a little professional tact and courtesy not to try to besmirch a provider just to bolster your own. That, too, is very unprofessional.
fiamettaAblaze
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:23:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: VeritasAblaze Go to Quoted Post
Hmm..... Todd? No offense.... but just from a third party who has seen you post in what you refer to as " a neutral stance".... saying things like... and I quote...

"Why doesnt that suprise me? As I said somewhere in one of these threads - do your homework on who you are dealing with. You get what you pay for. Different DJ groups threatening DDOS attacks... threatening DJs, etc... "

.... does come off as a bit.... one-sided, and a touch biast. Unless you can back up the substantiated remarks you've made, it's rather tainting to hear you, above all "neutral minds" to speak such. And rather disheartening. Anyone can have a bad turn of events, or a bad day. What maters at the end of the day, is that said provider is exhausting its efforts to GET it's clients back up and running with as much expedition as technology can allow. No one is bulletproof.... so... before you cast stones? I suggest you analyze facts before you just flippantly toss rumors to the winds like fact. It's highly unprofessional.

Veri....i like you...we have been friends for a long while. TMS fucked up and caused a whole heap of shit for my Madd. As you know, we don't want clubs, or nonsense, just a constant stream which has not happened.

And to be frank, you are not exhausting anything, Madd had no idea TMS were experiencing problems/issues......NO idea, not an email or PM. Nothing. Not one word.It takes 30 seconds to send a mail 'sorry dude, we're fucked up at the minute, bear with us'

So rather than attacking someone who is trying to solve the issue, i would pertinently ask that Keldo comes here and explains the shit he has created.

VeritasAblaze
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:30:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Fia... this has NOTHING to do directly with Keldo.... me... you... anyone other than those who initiated the attack. And, as with all our stream clients, we post up to the minute info in our Skype-based Tech Chat. EVERYONE was aware as soon as it went down. Is he included there? Friends we are, Fia, and I have nothing but love for you and Madd.... but in the light of what had to happen, in order to ensure the streams of ALL we saved in the promptest way possible, we routed out the problem, and have since been working tirelessly to right it.
If you wish further information about what has been going on, I would be glad to talk to you privately, and give you all the details, including the current standing.

But, I should like to point out.... yes, offering a stream as a replacement is a way of helping... I won't disagree. But reading between the lines, and knowing what Todd was referencing, was what I was referring to in my previous post. No more, no less.
1 user thanked VeritasAblaze for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/17/2015(UTC)
fiamettaAblaze
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:38:50 PM(UTC)

Fia... this has NOTHING to do directly with Keldo.... me... you... anyone other than those who initiated the attack. And, as with all our stream clients, we post up to the minute info in our Skype-based Tech Chat. EVERYONE was aware as soon as it went down. Is he included there? Friends we are, Fia, and I have nothing but love for you and Madd.... but in the light of what had to happen, in order to ensure the streams of ALL we saved in the promptest way possible, we routed out the problem, and have since been working tirelessly to right it.
If you wish further information about what has been going on, I would be glad to talk to you privately, and give you all the details, including the current standing.

But, I should like to point out.... yes, offering a stream as a replacement is a way of helping... I won't disagree. But reading between the lines, and knowing what Todd was referencing, was what I was referring to in my previous post. No more, no less.

Veri, we were never told about any issues, all that happened was that Madd could no longer stream and kept receiving time out notices. He posted here, hoping to find a resolution.

He had NO idea about whatever happened, he was not contacted.

Granted, you are working tirelessly, but it is about time Keldo stood up and took the shit....rather than making one of his most talented Djs his whipping boi....

He is never online, he is never available. Twice we have encountered this issue, and it is left to you or someone else. Keldo needs to grow some fckin' bollocks and answer to his wage payers. Oh....sorry....customers...

Mr_Maddog
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:39:01 PM(UTC)

at this point, all i want to do is stream my music....
Veri, do you have a link for the skype notification? I tried to look online with searches but didnt find anything to explain the interruption.....which just fueled my frustration
fiamettaAblaze
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:50:22 PM(UTC)

EVERYONE was aware?

then why was my Madd not? Simple question, simple answer...