Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How not to walk inside walls.
slv_peg_FOHR
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 3:52:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I don't know how it's working. I make walls around my surface, my floor and I don't know how to make them really walls, I mean not to walk through them.
Thank you.
Niki_Deus_PCD
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 3:55:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
In "state" set them to collidable, Smile
slv_peg_FOHR
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 4:14:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you, I ll try it after the Egg Hunt!
SaphyreRose
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 5:49:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:

Best to avoid the use of collide on the visual prop holding the texture. Get your visual textured walls in place. Then for the collide effect use another prop. Reason being if you are making a free stand build and set all visual wall props to collide and have a collide floor you could have avatars falling through.

How to make a collide walls - one way is to use a fishtank glass - set it to appropriate size width, depth, and height. This may require making the rotation on the X at 180 and Y depending on the build you are doing.

When pulling the fishtank glass out of the editor note how huge it is - will need sizing down on X Y and Z. The actual red lines collide extends out of the visual fishtank glass - make note of this. .

There is a main benefit to using the fishtank collide as a wall barrier; you will not get visual wall beed through on camera angle swing around. Important to note should you ever like to apply to become a Advanced Virtual Deco or a Licensed Deco to avoid visual wall bleed through.

Another prop some use is the black metal railing - others use other props. The fishtank glass is handy as it is rarely a prop used. If you have to go in and edit collides or the build later, it is easy to find in the prop editor.

Keep the red collide lines on the fish tank glass above the floor collide on free stand builds. Visually about mid calf height should do.

To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
6 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/5/2015(UTC), Andi on 4/5/2015(UTC), Niki_Deus_PCD on 4/5/2015(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/5/2015(UTC), Lucky_Strke on 4/5/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 6:30:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SaphyreRose Go to Quoted Post

Best to avoid the use of collide on the visual prop holding the texture. Get your visual textured walls in place. Then for the collide effect use another prop. Reason being if you are making a free stand build and set all visual wall props to collide and have a collide floor you could have avatars falling through.

How to make a collide walls - one way is to use a fishtank glass - set it to appropriate size width, depth, and height. This may require making the rotation on the X at 180 and Y depending on the build you are doing.

When pulling the fishtank glass out of the editor note how huge it is - will need sizing down on X Y and Z. The actual red lines collide extends out of the visual fishtank glass - make note of this. .

There is a main benefit to using the fishtank collide as a wall barrier; you will not get visual wall beed through on camera angle swing around. Important to note should you ever like to apply to become a Advanced Virtual Deco or a Licensed Deco to avoid visual wall bleed through.

Another prop some use is the black metal railing - others use other props. The fishtank glass is handy as it is rarely a prop used. If you have to go in and edit collides or the build later, it is easy to find in the prop editor.

Keep the red collide lines on the fish tank glass above the floor collide on free stand builds. Visually about mid calf height should do.

Great post, Rose!!

Specially the height of the collide line detail-

so noone will fell through holes,

where collides meet!

L

*edited*

P.S:
Great ass!!

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 4/5/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/5/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2015(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 11:05:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I use the sign 01 prop myself. Z scaled to .5 X and Y scaled as necessary for length and height of wall.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
1 user thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 4/5/2015(UTC)
Niki_Deus_PCD
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:53:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SaphyreRose Go to Quoted Post

Thank you, Rose, i learnt something i hadn't considered Smile
2 users thanked Niki_Deus_PCD for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 4/5/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/5/2015(UTC)
slv_peg_FOHR
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:04:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you all.
_MAZE_HHMC
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 5:34:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Does any one know how to make the diving board work where when u walk on it it throws u in the water or bounces u up like over at club sensus?
__KittenGirl__
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:16:49 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _MAZE_HHMC Go to Quoted Post
Does any one know how to make the diving board work where when u walk on it it throws u in the water or bounces u up like over at club sensus?

Hiya Maze Smile

If you look in the super zaby how to list pretty sure there are diving board instructions in that. Smile Enjoy your swimming!!
RandyKnight
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 7:02:14 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _MAZE_HHMC Go to Quoted Post

Here is the set up we are using for the upcoming Spring Break Party at Los Cabos....

first-Diving board needs a court floor sized with collide so you can stand on the board

Second - create a trigger box sized with script diving board

NOTE: This is a water platform and there is a hard coded floor so you just walk to the diving board and it moves you up on it......

If the floor is not hard coded you will have to jump up to the board....
1 user thanked RandyKnight for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 4/9/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 11:19:53 AM(UTC)

The SUPER List has the Diving Board in the HOW TO section and it is with or without using the prop itself depending on your specific needs.

http://forums.utherverse...UPDATED-AND-REVISED.aspx
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
1 user thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 4/9/2015(UTC)