Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
I NEED HELP WITH FLASH SCRIPT
Pann_ie
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:49:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to hide my codes in flash control script. Example: I have a prop that I'm using the flash control script to deco with. But after I'm done installing the prop. I don't want someone to come behind me and get access to that code and reuse it, including potential new prop owner.
I believe there is a way to do this by using the feed slot in flash control script. Instead of just pasting my code in the usual movie slot. But I don't know how to develop a feed and store them. I'm totally confused. Undecided
If this makes sense to someone out there. Who understands what I'm trying to do. Can you PLEASE get back to me, with some step by step instructions how to do this, and therefore secure my private codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pann
surreal_smile
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 8:21:55 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pann_dora Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to hide my codes in flash control script. Example: I have a prop that I'm using the flash control script to deco with. But after I'm done installing the prop. I don't want someone to come behind me and get access to that code and reuse it, including potential new prop owner.
I believe there is a way to do this by using the feed slot in flash control script. Instead of just pasting my code in the usual movie slot. But I don't know how to develop a feed and store them. I'm totally confused. Undecided
If this makes sense to someone out there. Who understands what I'm trying to do. Can you PLEASE get back to me, with some step by step instructions how to do this, and therefore secure my private codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pann

You can attach the code to a prop, give it a name in the feed name then make the prop invisible and hide it. Then you can add flash copy using the same feed name on the prop you want it to show on.

If the person looks on that prop they won't see the feed name but if they look through all of their props they will eventually find it, it's just if they can be bothered looking which most won't.
4 users thanked surreal_smile for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/14/2015(UTC), Silesa on 2/14/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/15/2015(UTC), Pann_ie on 2/15/2015(UTC)
Silesa
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:53:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Surreal is right that will help by hiding the prop with the flash control script on it.

I am glad not to have to worry about this anymore. Confronting people

with copied links was not something i enjoyed doing at all.

There is a way to better track your link add ?pid=[InstanceID]&uid=[MEMBERID] after the .swf in your script

this will show you in your host/ server log where your link is being used and by who.

You do have the option to block ip addresses of instances where this is taken off of the link and no member id or region number is returned.

This also can be done with images and is another way to ensure you link remains where it belongs.

Add a image also in the installed property for comparison usually they will just copy the swf link.

If you see access that is not the same as you get on the image then you will better know for sure the swf link has been copied to another location.

As i said i am very glad i do not have to do all that anymore

Hope your work goes well Pann

CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
4 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/15/2015(UTC), Pann_ie on 2/15/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/15/2015(UTC), Tergiet on 2/17/2015(UTC)
Pann_ie
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:25:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
YAY! Thank you both so very much. Whenever I'm stuck, I beat my head against the wall for awhile. Then, when I cant take it anymore. I come to forum, where you awesome people share your wisdom with me. Thanks again, for taking the time to answer my post. Smile

Huggs Pann
_Brutus_Maximus_
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:24:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pann_dora Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Pann

Flashing others without them knowing sounds kinky, but ....... btw ... never, ever flash someone who claims to be an actual "Angel" !