Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Fireplace stopped working
Black_OG
#1 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 12:10:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
My fireplace stopped working. I was using a sign prop_01 and the add flash control script. I had learned to use a website to convert the gif image and pasted the url. The fireplace was working beautifully but the website I was using does not seem to be working anymore and neither are my fireplaces.
Any suggestions to help me fix my fireplaces?
Loving_INTENSE
#2 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 12:30:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GeeSkies Go to Quoted Post
My fireplace stopped working. I was using a sign prop_01 and the add flash control script. I had learned to use a website to convert the gif image and pasted the url. The fireplace was working beautifully but the website I was using does not seem to be working anymore and neither are my fireplaces.

See if this post, helps you:

Originally Posted by: Silesa Go to Quoted Post
Gif files use attach web browser a real bummer on lag those are. Use mine might as well it is all over anyhow in here

Put in a sign01 with flash control script set the fit to exact and then use this as the movie url http://sitv.us/ff.swf

The Dj is very correct this is the best way to do fire. Has me wondering SWF - shock wave file ? I think it stands for Small Web File I may be wrong

Be sure that you only use one control prop and flash copy script on any other prop that will use the same swf file.

Hope it helps Smile

Si

Loving

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/2/2015(UTC), ozzmosus on 2/2/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/2/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#3 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 2:40:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Loving_INTENSE Go to Quoted Post

See if this post, helps you:

Originally Posted by: Silesa Go to Quoted Post
Gif files use attach web browser a real bummer on lag those are. Use mine might as well it is all over anyhow in here

Put in a sign01 with flash control script set the fit to exact and then use this as the movie url http://sitv.us/ff.swf

The Dj is very correct this is the best way to do fire. Has me wondering SWF - shock wave file ? I think it stands for Small Web File I may be wrong

Be sure that you only use one control prop and flash copy script on any other prop that will use the same swf file.

Hope it helps Smile

Si

Loving

SWF means ShockWave File.

As far as fireplaces are concerned, if you are using Viegoths website, http://images.zyberwerx.net/uthertech/ for the gif to flash converter, it is not working and cannot be seen and most of the tools on it are not working in world either.

That being said, I use an Almond Tree Crown with an Attach Animated Texture script (Fire.spr) and shrink to fit. State tab check translucent and put it at 26, with texture unlit checked as well. No muss or fuss or flash or lag when using this in the fireplace.

EDIT: Although the site and tools were down, Viegoth's website is now loading and all tools are working in world now:

http://toys.zyberwerx.net/uthertech/
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
6 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/2/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/2/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/2/2015(UTC), Viegoth on 2/2/2015(UTC), ozzmosus on 2/3/2015(UTC), Mos_Scocious on 2/9/2015(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 3:04:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I will have to try Dusty's suggestion.

SifuPeter also gave a few links a few months ago in one of his post's. below are his links:

Originally Posted by: SifuPeter Go to Quoted Post
The following 3 fires are FREE... enjoy. If you want a top quality fire .. that be a few rays

SWF Fires
http://sifupetertools.co...F/FireGrill8f300x175.swf
File size is 266KB

http://sifupetertools.com/SWF/Fire4f500x375.swf
File size is 560KB

http://sifupetertools.com/SWF/Fire8f320x240.swf
File size is 261KB
I commonly code the number of images or frames and size in the name. (Please note that height is the big number in attach flash, smaller number is width… it is a label bug)

I recently made also an entire new flash file, 64 frames with 740 x 240 size. It comes with or without soft crackling sound that can be mixed by other sound sources of your own since it is included in the flash. It is much smoother and takes about 8 seconds to gently loop.

the flash file looks like this :

You can purchase this fire by transferring 50 rays for silent and 51 rays for the one with sound to me. Or send me a mail. SifuPeter

You will get a fire linked to your name. The server is very fast and has unlimited bandwidth.

Happy seasonal greetings. Stay warm!

Best,

Anhton
4 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
lottapussygalore on 2/2/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/2/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/2/2015(UTC), ozzmosus on 2/3/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#5 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 3:19:14 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anhton_Novo Go to Quoted Post
I will have to try Dusty's suggestion.

SifuPeter also gave a few links a few months ago in one of his post's. below are his links:

The following 3 fires are FREE... enjoy. If you want a top quality fire .. that be a few rays

SWF Fires
http://sifupetertools.co...F/FireGrill8f300x175.swf
File size is 266KB

http://sifupetertools.com/SWF/Fire4f500x375.swf
File size is 560KB

http://sifupetertools.com/SWF/Fire8f320x240.swf
File size is 261KB
I commonly code the number of images or frames and size in the name. (Please note that height is the big number in attach flash, smaller number is width… it is a label bug)

I recently made also an entire new flash file, 64 frames with 740 x 240 size. It comes with or without soft crackling sound that can be mixed by other sound sources of your own since it is included in the flash. It is much smoother and takes about 8 seconds to gently loop.

the flash file looks like this :

You can purchase this fire by transferring 50 rays for silent and 51 rays for the one with sound to me. Or send me a mail. SifuPeter

You will get a fire linked to your name. The server is very fast and has unlimited bandwidth.

Happy seasonal greetings. Stay warm!

Best,

Anhton

If you use my suggestion, use this for the logs (prim cylinder prop):

and this for the screen (sign_01):

this is a nice touch as well:

and I use this for a stack of logs outside the fireplace:

Let me know how you like this method without flash or gifs.

BTW: SifuPeters stuff is in the SUPER HOW TO LIST as well.

5 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/2/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/2/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/2/2015(UTC), lottapussygalore on 2/2/2015(UTC), ozzmosus on 2/3/2015(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#6 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 6:07:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks Dusty! wow!

Anhton
1 user thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 2/2/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#7 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 7:14:45 PM(UTC)

Read post 3. I stated it was down and it is now back online.

You are very welcome Anhton.

2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/2/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/2/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#8 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 10:17:51 PM(UTC)

This may have happened while Vie's site was down.

Originally Posted by: Mstrs_Dusty_DFAA Go to Quoted Post

EDIT: Although the site and tools were down,
Viegoth's website is now loading and all tools are working in world now:

http://toys.zyberwerx.net/uthertech/

Gee, try to see if your original fireplace works too!

2 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 2/3/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/3/2015(UTC)
Viegoth
#9 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 11:20:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sorry guys,

Had a drive failure on one of my servers over the weekend and I didn't catch it cuz I was away on personal business. As others have mentioned, everything is back up and should be working again with no loss of data. For future notice, I am working with a number of other providers to set up mirroring for some of my content and, hopefully, push most of it onto a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to increase availability, decrease load times and (in theory) prevent such outages in the future.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

-Vie
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/2/2015(UTC), lottapussygalore on 2/2/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/3/2015(UTC), DeeP_n_DeVinE_SM on 2/3/2015(UTC), ozzmosus on 2/3/2015(UTC)