Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Question about Uthertube
__helot__
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:16:09 AM(UTC)

Hey all Smile
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have recently been experimenting with making some little videos and I tried to put one up on Uthertube. I think I followed all the instructions and it said it loaded but it's still not there. Did I miss some important step at the start? Thanks for anyone that might use this and can shed some light on it for me.
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:22:11 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: __helot__ Go to Quoted Post
Hey all Smile
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have recently been experimenting with making some little videos and I tried to put one up on Uthertube. I think I followed all the instructions and it said it loaded but it's still not there. Did I miss some important step at the start? Thanks for anyone that might use this and can shed some light on it for me.

Once you upload your video, it needs to be approved by staff. They check for UV/RLC relevant content (more or less) and quality.
This can be done within hours, but it can also take a half week Smile
You will get a e-mail notification once your video is either approved or denied.

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
3 users thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
__helot__ on 1/31/2015(UTC), divingA_WnC on 1/31/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/31/2015(UTC)
__helot__
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:53:25 AM(UTC)

Thanks Hyporis. I am guessing it wasn't good enough then. lol I was testing it. Have to try harder next time. Smile
elmerfudddaffy
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 10:09:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Just remember they will approve quite a bit. But it takes some time at times. It has taken up to and over a week to get approval.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
1 user thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 1/31/2015(UTC)
__helot__
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 11:26:49 AM(UTC)

Upon closer inspection I think I went wrong with a video saved .AVI I just thought I would have gotten a notice or something that it couldn't be done. lol Got it fixed and will try again. I tried this well over two weeks ago so I am assuming I did something wrong. Now I gotta decide what type of video to make. Which brings me to another question. If I made a video of saying wandering around a layout or something ... I should contact the owner of said layout if its not mine and get permission to use it correct. Oh never mind that's really a no brainer lol ... But what about a party say. I see lots of videos on here of parties held on RLC... do you contact the club owner to ask permission to use it?
divingA_WnC
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:21:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Upon closer inspection I think I went wrong with a video saved .AVI I just thought I would have gotten a notice or something that it couldn't be done. lol Got it fixed and will try again. I tried this well over two weeks ago so I am assuming I did something wrong. Now I gotta decide what type of video to make. Which brings me to another question. If I made a video of saying wandering around a layout or something ... I should contact the owner of said layout if its not mine and get permission to use it correct. Oh never mind that's really a no brainer lol ... But what about a party say. I see lots of videos on here of parties held on RLC... do you contact the club owner to ask permission to use it?

Hy and hello helot,

well, thats a bunch of questions, lets get through one after the next. Almost everything is said by those, who posted days ago, when you started tzhis topic ... regarding the waiting time until someone like to approve a bunch of videos. I've to admit, I am waiting myself too to get my recent upload approved and honestly, its somehow really annoying that none of the staff members got the idea to look, if it is done or not.

Anyways, regarding your other questions from you last posting in here:

So far I've published about 270 videos roughly. THe very vast majority of them have been ... or better said, still are AVI files. Trust me, they work! Regardless what others may say, I've now somewhat about 270 proves for AVI files working properly.

As soon as you're video is through the approval procedure and got approved, you'll get a note to your regular mail adress, reading:

Quote:
Your video entitled 'name of the video' has been approved.

Uthertube.com

The subject of the mail reads:

Quote:
Uthertube.com - Video Approved

In the very worse case, that they don't approve your video, you'll get a note sent to your regular mail adress also.

That note has the subject:

Quote:
Uthertube.com - Video Denied

and reads:

Quote:
Your video entitled 'name of the video' has been denied.
Reason: which ever

Uthertube.com

Which brings me to another question. If I made a video of saying wandering around a layout or something ... I should contact the owner of said layout if its not mine and get permission to use it correct. Oh never mind that's really a no brainer lol ... But what about a party say. I see lots of videos on here of parties held on RLC... do you contact the club owner to ask permission to use it?

I dont think that anyone in here asks for permission to record a party or a layout. I've myself done a lots videos in other places than mine. And so you know, I might seem to be rude, but I only asked in some really very few and rare cases.

Kind regards, lots of luck, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
__helot__ on 2/1/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/1/2015(UTC), Fla_Lon on 2/2/2015(UTC)
__helot__
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 5:41:03 PM(UTC)

Thank you Diving Smile Perhaps its just taking a very long time to be approved or as I said ... I did something wrong. Will wait and see what happens with the second one. And thank you for your info on the layout and club videos. I was thinking that as long as you are being nice I cant imagine anyone would mind the free advertising. lol

By the way ... I have seen many of your videos on Uthertube and you do a wonderful job on them!
1 user thanked __helot__ for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 2/1/2015(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#8 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 1:00:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

here's now some update. Surprise surprise, I haven't got a note, I haven't been paid, allthough the video got approved about three days ago. Seen from my end it looks all a bit weird now. If one have a little bit experience with the video business and compares the number of views of all recently uploaded videos one get to notice, that there must have happened a serious issue.

However, I sent meantime a support ticket. I strongly reommend every uploader of a video since Friday 30th to check Uthertube thoroughly and also, in case you're waiting for the usual note or payment, the received payments.

Kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)