Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
about posting events
AngelicaNeeds
#1 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 3:21:59 PM(UTC)

ive tried to post events under the explore tab but they never show. is there a certain number of days you should post ahead of time. it does show on my home page. what am i doing wrong?Boo hoo!
Rand
#2 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 4:33:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AngelicaNeeds Go to Quoted Post
ive tried to post events under the explore tab but they never show. is there a certain number of days you should post ahead of time. it does show on my home page. what am i doing wrong?Boo hoo!

Some general rules....

You'll want to post to the Events Calendar at least several days in advance if you can. Generally speaking the Approval will happen within a business day or two (meaning NOT counting weekends or holidays) so that's not bad. However when you go to send out your invitations it could take awhile, depending upon how many people are on your friends list.

The Maximum invitations you can send out is 300 over a 3 day period. Mean if you happen to have 1000 friends that you're trying to invite to something, just sending out the invitations is going to take 10 days at a minimum. (eg Send 300, wait three days, send another 300, wait another 3 days, send 300 more, wait 3 days, send the last 100.)

Now, as to why your events don't show up in the Events Calendar.

When you start your event I would suggest that you don't use the little short form thing that appears on our profiles. That seems to screw up more people than it helps, because of some of the defaults set in the system.

Instead click on the little box to put in your Event Title, then look just below the Create Event button for a link that says "Advanced". Click on that.

On the very first page up the one that opens, at the very top, you'll see Create what type of event? and below that in the dropdown box you'll see that it defaults to "Personal Event".

The trick is that Personal Events do not get placed into the Events Calendar. So change that so that it says Regular Event.

That's the main thing. After that just fill in the rest of the forms to create your event, and you're off and running.
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

2 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 11/24/2014(UTC), Zachy_Chaos on 3/7/2015(UTC)
AngelicaNeeds
#3 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 9:05:32 PM(UTC)

youre greatDancing Applause Shhh