Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
question on giving clothing
Daddy_Charles
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:21:54 AM(UTC)

hi
i just returned a while ago to RLC, remember lots, but... I changed my avatar to new style and new skin so have a LOT of clothes i cannot use. I don't think so, but is there anyway to give them to some player that can use them?
thanks
Cougarrrr
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:26:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Daddy_Charles Go to Quoted Post
hi
i just returned a while ago to RLC, remember lots, but... I changed my avatar to new style and new skin so have a LOT of clothes i cannot use. I don't think so, but is there anyway to give them to some player that can use them?
thanks

The simple answer... no. Clothing is not transferrable, not even used clothing.
Matthew 5:9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Daddy_Charles
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:35:28 AM(UTC)

thanks guess it's time to pull out the rubbish bin
lottapussygalore
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:42:14 AM(UTC)

we started making our skins a few years ago to where when you put all the parts together we made a new style and a legacy skin both with the same look , we had to host it on uvDeviant ,, but at least that way you could have worn anything in RLC and still have the same look ,,, but your right on the legacy clothes if you dont plan on wearing them ,, looks like file 13 Smile)
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Loving_INTENSE
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:32:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Daddy_Charles Go to Quoted Post
hi
thanks

There is a way use them, transfortming them to be able to be used by

a new style avatar: You have to use the UVDeviant closet

( My Wardrobe function ) and do some changes, then SAVE the avatar!

there is a blog post from Randy_Rocks that explains how you can do it

scroll down at about 1/3 of blogSmile

http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?viewLogMId=93470555

Loving

Loving_INTENSE
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:39:44 PM(UTC)

Another post about same subject (I don't know the sourceSmile

How to apply UVC legacy clothes on a new style avatar

I know UVDeviant was smart enough to make up a system that allows us to put on legacy clothes on a new style with only few clicks. BUT even that is flawed because:
- if you apply baggy jeans they will not ever come off
- the robes (skirt gown) won't apply at all
- you need to change the torso and legs gml to upperbody nude and lowerbody nude before applying
- you can therefore apply only skin tight clothing from legacy to newstyle.

How bout UVC? What if you have lots of legacy clothes in there and you stumble on the UVC tellin you that you can't apply legacy while wearing a new style avi?
Well I found out how to do it, and you should have an UVDeviant account as well because it makes transferring codes much more simple and instant applying also helps.

So these are about all the steps you need to take to apply any skin tight legacy outfit u have in uvc to new style

-first turn to legacy
-go to your uvc wardrobe and apply the desired outfit
-go now to uvdeviant wardrobe and transfer the clothing codes (torso and legs only) to underwear slots then click on send avatar
-once you check that you now have the clothes as underwear go to inworld closet and change to new style
-now go to uvdeviant wardrobe and click reload avatar to make sure u see the new style body slots
-change those two gmls to upperbody nude and lowerbodynude then click send avatar
-go back to uvd wardrobe after u checked in world that things are ok and transfer the underwear back to clothing and delete any remaining underwear codes then send avatar
-go to your uvc wardrobe and apply now your new style skin
-go to uvdwardrobe if necessary and after reloading avatar, make sure that no leftover hoodie or other type of new style clothing even if invisible remained in the upperbody or lowerbody code lines (not the gml s, the last code line for either torso or legs
-set up a slot in your closet if u have none free
(-i suppose underwear can be also kept if at the first transfering step you transfer underwear to tattoo and clothing to underwear as i said, i just didn't test this step)
-now you can go in ur closet input a name and save outfit (inworld closet)

Crazy probably but if u have some sexy stuff in there you don't wanna lose it can come handy.

I hope this one helps too!

Loving

Daddy_Charles
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:03:02 PM(UTC)

wow thanks much, i will give these ideas a try before deleting; really appreciate all the help
Cynnda
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:14:31 AM(UTC)

Here is the steps for turning Legacy to New Style Clothing :
Hope this helps Smile

1. Start with a naked New style avatar either Female or Transgendered female is OK.
2. Log in UVD and go to "My Styles Wardrobe"
3. Select the outfit you want to put on your avatar.
4. Select "Apply"
5. Now choose the boxes you want the items to go into remembering the Clothing is the outer layer, underwear the second layer and tattoo the bottom layer.
6. Press "Apply"
7. Then press the right side top button "Send Avatar"
8. Save the outfit under a new Name in your closet and you are done.

For Dresses the procedure is much more involved. Here are those instructions

1. Start with a Naked LEGACY Avatar.
2. Go into UVD with the steps above
3. Put the skirt, gown or dress in the "FOOT" box, uncheck the Mesh box but save the gml file name in a note pad file so you can use it later it will look something like "HF_skirt.gml"
4. Put the Shoes in the EYEBROW" box, uncheck the Mesh box but save the gml file name in a note pad file so you can use it later it will look something like "HF_Shoes6.gml"
5. Press "Apply" then "Send Avatar"
6. Now from your Home page profile page press "Profile" then "Avatar"
7. Copy and paste the Mesh codes you saved above. Paste the Skirt, gown or dress code above in the "FootMesh" box and the Shoe code in the "EyebrowMesh" box
8. Press "Save Changes" at bottom of the screen.
9. From in world go in closet and check the "New Style Avatar" button lower left.
10. Now apply the "Base for Female New Style" Outfit by Rand
11. No apply your New Style Avatar Skin.
12. Now use the UVD procedures above "Directions for outfits without Skirts, Gowns, or Dresses" to put the rest of this outfit on. Warning when adding the remaining parts of the outfit be sure no to over write the foot boxes or you will lose your dress, so uncheck all foot boxes.
8. Save the outfit under a new Name in your closet and you are done.

Note: the Skirt, dress, or gown will now strip using the shoe button in world
2 users thanked Cynnda for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 11/19/2014(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/19/2014(UTC)