Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
nice and simple question
Crump_
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:15:16 AM(UTC)

how many create light scripts will work in one create light area....
EleanorSCT
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:36:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mr_Crumpet Go to Quoted Post
how many create light scripts will work in one create light area....

6 users thanked EleanorSCT for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 8/21/2014(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 8/21/2014(UTC), LazTopCat on 8/21/2014(UTC), __Autumn__ on 8/21/2014(UTC), SaphyreRose on 8/21/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
Crump_
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:59:06 PM(UTC)

Cheesy thank you....
4 users thanked Crump_ for this useful post.
EleanorSCT on 8/21/2014(UTC), SaphyreRose on 8/21/2014(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
__Autumn__
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:50:21 PM(UTC)

Medals:
That is if you stay in the box..outside the box, using the create light extension, I have found no limit.

Click to go to profile
Click to go to showroom

Click banner to go to site.
6 users thanked __Autumn__ for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 8/21/2014(UTC), Cretox on 8/22/2014(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/22/2014(UTC), Crump_ on 8/22/2014(UTC), EleanorSCT on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
EleanorSCT
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:21:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: __Autumn__ Go to Quoted Post
That is if you stay in the box..outside the box, using the create light extension, I have found no limit.

Might have to look at this again then, even when using the extension, my lights started to fail with more than 10 xD
3 users thanked EleanorSCT for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 8/22/2014(UTC), Crump_ on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
Crump_
#6 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 4:13:41 AM(UTC)

ok ok i will try a few settings....interesting with the extended box... thanks for your advice....
2 users thanked Crump_ for this useful post.
EleanorSCT on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
Crump_
#7 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 5:10:50 AM(UTC)

hmmm. i made a little create light area box up in the sky with my desired area light settings. then placed a extended box over the whole area... added my light scripts still only 10 scripts working with in the extended area box...

do i need a create light area, covering the whole area to give desired ambiance, then create several extended box around the area????

or are you saying that unlimited lights work with in one box (extended light scripts) if so this does not seem to be working for me...

i understand completely if im touching the secrets of the trade and you are not willing to give out said information....

i am currently learning and have read all available info which has been made public by certain Deco and lighting experts.its a learning curve and the forum people are the only heads i have available to pick at...Smile
2 users thanked Crump_ for this useful post.
EleanorSCT on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC)
marta
#8 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 6:01:24 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mr_Crumpet Go to Quoted Post
hmmm. i made a little create light area box up in the sky with my desired area light settings. then placed a extended box over the whole area... added my light scripts still only 10 scripts working with in the extended area box...

do i need a create light area, covering the whole area to give desired ambiance, then create several extended box around the area????

or are you saying that unlimited lights work with in one box (extended light scripts) if so this does not seem to be working for me...

i understand completely if im touching the secrets of the trade and you are not willing to give out said information....

i am currently learning and have read all available info which has been made public by certain Deco and lighting experts.its a learning curve and the forum people are the only heads i have available to pick at...Smile

Time ago I did some test and I do not find any contraindications to put in more than 10 "Create Light" within a trigger "Create Ligth Area" and its "Extended". However, as advice, I can tell you that many scripts "Create Light" may cause the cancellation of directional effect.
In fact, in my work, I have not never exceeded 5 or 6 light point in each trigger, with around 20-25 in all layout. I suggest you also use the "Color Direction" in the trigger “Create Area Light” and try to reduce the number of points “Create Light“, with patience and some experiences you may get some pleasing effects
6 users thanked marta for this useful post.
EleanorSCT on 8/22/2014(UTC), MarCo_ILYM on 8/22/2014(UTC), SifuPeter on 8/23/2014(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/23/2014(UTC), Sheila_R on 8/23/2014(UTC), Crump_ on 8/23/2014(UTC)
SifuPeter
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 1:53:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I fully agree with Evelyn and Marta on the 10 lights. I believe to have written that in the LightMatters pdf which is available here http://sifupetertools.com/Deco/LightMatters.pdf

So on the question of how to achieve complex light, we can do two things, either get a few people together and we spend some time in a special classroom
or read on where i hope to explain a few issues.

First and very unlike real life, light does not carry on or inherit. A prop or person is inside one and only one light area. So imagine a garden with sunlight, a house with several rooms. You probably will have a single large light area that covers the entire zaby/garden.
There are two ways to make sunlight and it depends much on what surface you are on. High reflective surfaces like sand have a lot of scatter light which seems best implemented by using the directional light upwards in an earthy tone. The 'sun' light should then be an array of lights with sufficient intensity over the area. The impression of hard sunlight is best created by having as little ambient light as possible. Our pupils will close in heavy light so we perceive people more dark at the shadow side and more bright at the front.

Moonlight is best made with a medium number in directional light and a matching direction (you could use the http://sifupetertools.com/Deco/Color.hta which has both light and direction pickers.

The shadow area (not the image which has been discussed in another post) but the darkness behind trees and houses are best done by tilting !! an proper small light area. The tilting will allow jumping avatars to stay longer in the shadow if they are nearer to the object. Similar shadow areas can quickly be created with the extension script that point to the same named area.

Inside the house it is probably best to use light areas in each room. Odd shaped rooms are best done with a single light area and smaller light extensions that point to the same room. I found the best way is to start in darkness, then gently add lights to match the props used. Notice that reflection light (from mirrors can be achieved by putting a light source outside the light area as the light is linked to an area by name.

This method of using smaller light areas could also be used on both sides of windows. If it is dark outside then a person who walk in front of a window will catch some. This is easily done by extending an outside room light. Similarly sunshine from outside should extend into the room.
6 users thanked SifuPeter for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 8/23/2014(UTC), Sheila_R on 8/23/2014(UTC), EleanorSCT on 8/23/2014(UTC), Crump_ on 8/23/2014(UTC), Fina_Tina on 8/27/2014(UTC), Stephi_DDDeco on 1/10/2015(UTC)