Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
what are the codes for sounds?
DJ_Mythical_One
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 10:23:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Been looking for codes to make sounds like the wind and beach sounds where can i get theses?
Scarlet_Skye
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 10:27:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:
In prop edit, type sound into the search list and it should bring up all the sound props

Create one then in state type fakesound, then make position the prop and make it invisible

Whichever prop you have chosen will then produce the sound
Life is what happens when Utherverse crashes

Need help with prop edit? Give me a call, Ill be happy to give you some guidance
3 users thanked Scarlet_Skye for this useful post.
M1chel on 12/27/2011(UTC), shb60 on 1/11/2012(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/15/2013(UTC)
__Autumn__
#3 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 7:14:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Also note these sounds only work when you are close to the prop the farther you get from it the fainter it becomes until you can no longer hear it. If you wish the sound to be all over your beach you will have to add this more than once.

Click to go to profile
Click to go to showroom

Click banner to go to site.
2 users thanked __Autumn__ for this useful post.
shb60 on 1/11/2012(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/15/2013(UTC)
shb60
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:58:04 AM(UTC)

I've tried typing both "fakesound" and "fakesound0" and can't get the sound to work. I've used the Water Waves Sound prop in a zaby. Does anyone have any ideas?
Ms_Romana_HA_7
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:59:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: shb60 Go to Quoted Post
I've tried typing both "fakesound" and "fakesound0" and can't get the sound to work. I've used the Water Waves Sound prop in a zaby. Does anyone have any ideas?

Some sounds are really low in volume, the props are directional as well, and the sounds fades out the further you are away. Besides, just typing "f" in the statetab should be enough. Walk around the prop to hear from what direction the sound comes and adjust the soundprop accordingly.

Most loud is the waterfall sound, good luck!

Utherverse Recommended Software === http://support.utherverse.com/tools/software.html

Submit a Ticket to Customer Support === http://support.utherverse.com/tickets

Ask Live Support on Technical Issues === http://irc.utherverse.com/

Other Utherverse Tools to help you out === http://support.utherverse.com/tools

Please visit the HELPS-Transport ===> vww://utherverse.vww/@758/@trans
2 users thanked Ms_Romana_HA_7 for this useful post.
Ms_Alessa_01 on 10/13/2013(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/15/2013(UTC)
shb60
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:55:59 AM(UTC)

Thanks Romana that a great help, the waterfall I can hear Smile but non of the others
1 user thanked shb60 for this useful post.
Ms_Alessa_01 on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Ms_Romana_HA_7
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:06:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks Romana that a great help, the waterfall I can hear Smile but non of the others

I have same problem and then U have beefed up the wave files that are in the clientfolder but that does not help others much. Maybe I should distribute it as a soundpatch but people have to apply it after every Utherverse patch and there is no support either for it.

I think this must be a suggestion for development to crank up the volume of the wave files so we can enjoy them more.

Utherverse Recommended Software === http://support.utherverse.com/tools/software.html

Submit a Ticket to Customer Support === http://support.utherverse.com/tickets

Ask Live Support on Technical Issues === http://irc.utherverse.com/

Other Utherverse Tools to help you out === http://support.utherverse.com/tools

Please visit the HELPS-Transport ===> vww://utherverse.vww/@758/@trans
2 users thanked Ms_Romana_HA_7 for this useful post.
Ms_Alessa_01 on 10/13/2013(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Ms_Alessa_01
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:57:40 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ms_Romana_HA_7 Go to Quoted Post

I have same problem and then U have beefed up the wave files that are in the clientfolder but that does not help others much. Maybe I should distribute it as a soundpatch but people have to apply it after every Utherverse patch and there is no support either for it.

I think this must be a suggestion for development to crank up the volume of the wave files so we can enjoy them more.

can someone explain how I should do from the start.
Jerlon
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:07:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: _Alessa_ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ms_Romana_HA_7 Go to Quoted Post

can someone explain how I should do from the start.

I'm with Alessa on this one. I would enjoy exploring some sound options other than music ... but some of us need play by play instruction ... like a 1,2,3,4 (etc.) type of 'how to do this' .... I understand some of it but often the advise is a bit techy and hard to follow -> can someone explain this as if talking to a child? Thanks. Always want to remember to add gratitude to tech volunteers who help us ludites. Treat us like we are stupid, please ... we won't be insulted ... thanks, Forum Gang - Jerlon

Okhti Jinn Lawaq
SifuPeter
#10 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 10:06:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok... simplified version:

Add a prop in prop editor and find keyword Sound

Create and place it near what appears to be where the sound comes from. It looks like some sign... which is not so nice but we can solve it with making it Hidden in State.

Also: very important: put in the State word either the letter F or f ... or fake or fakesound or fakesound0

Even more important: Best check your Settings as well since by default World Sounds are off (well.. by me that is Tongue )

NOTHING ELSE... no scripts, nothing. Done. Finish. Vertig.

As already pointed out before: Sounds are proximity based and sadly have like an oval shaped sound cone so consider placing more in a row if you make a beach.

Also.. you might want to mix sounds. Caves do well with some lovely drips, maybe wind, waterfall etc.

Best use it as you would salt. Seasoning is great. Too much and you just performed a mummification ritual on your zaby.
So lure people forward. Mix of gentle lights... soft distant sounds etc allow people to follow curious to what you have in store for them.

Wanna look or hear? ... vww://utherverse.vww/@31728/@291936#On%20Top

Edit: Hmmmm... seems there is a max... oh well... can only hear like 16 sounds or so... I deleted a number of chimes.

4 users thanked SifuPeter for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 10/15/2013(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 1/7/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 5/2/2016(UTC), divingA_WnC on 12/8/2017(UTC)