Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to create text labels in Zaby or layouts
tazman221
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 12:54:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I need to know if there is a way to create a text label in a layout or Zaby. Example: if I have several bedrooms in a layout of different colors (red, blue, purple, etc.) I want to be able to put a label outside each room so I know which ones each are when having visitors. Can someone help me?
DarkLadyJADE
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 3:43:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: tazman221 Go to Quoted Post
I need to know if there is a way to create a text label in a layout or Zaby. Example: if I have several bedrooms in a layout of different colors (red, blue, purple, etc.) I want to be able to put a label outside each room so I know which ones each are when having visitors. Can someone help me?

Yes, through signage using web image. But first you got to create those images. My BF WolfKnighthawk and I use Paint 3D if you are a Microsoft user, to create signage. Even on propmaps like signboards, or street signs.

Or you can save images from the web and from where you host these images you can apply on the right prop and show that image.

NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
1 user thanked DarkLadyJADE for this useful post.
tazman221 on 4/16/2024(UTC)
Pytch
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 5:26:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You can make the words into an image using many online apps, for example: https://flamingtext.com/

Once you have the image on your PC, open it with an image editor (such as Paint dot net) and scale it to suit Utherverse. This means use only sizes like 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 768, 1024 pixels, etc. You can mix and match these sizes so that a 128x512 and 64x1024 are fine to use. At this point dont worry if it looks stretched. Then save this scaled image back to your PC.

Upload your image to UtherBucket (more info here). This hosts your image on the Internet. Once your image is uploaded, click the Copy button to put the image URL into your Windows clipboard.

At your zaby, stand opposite the door where you want the new sign and open the Prop Editor (more info here). Create a new Sign01 prop. Add the Cached Web Image script and do Ctrl+v to paste the sign image URL from UtherBucket into the script's URL. You can rotate the sign and scale it to a suitable size then position it to where you want to place it.
Hope this helps.
Can't get into RLC/UV? Look on the Utherverse Discord server. Here is an invite link: https://discord.gg/2zzfVJYSWA
The Uthers Discord (Crypto etc): https://discord.gg/tnsAsBvZ
3 users thanked Pytch for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 4/15/2024(UTC), Cordonocus on 4/15/2024(UTC), tazman221 on 4/16/2024(UTC)
tazman221
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2024 7:35:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks so much for the tip. It worked out perfect. I can modify the signage easily. That web link is the bomb but I will into other ones. Again, big thank you.