Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
how do i make a video in rlc
CinnamonSugar2
#1 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 1:55:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
how do i make an video on rlc? i did find a way to do it but i have to do it in very very short clips or the file is to large to send through skype or email to another person and im sure im not doing it the best possible way
Nefarious_Needs
#2 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 4:47:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: CinnamonSugarRnT Go to Quoted Post
How do I make a video on rlc? I did find a way to do it but I have to do it in very very short clips or the file is too large to send through Skype or email to another person and I'm sure I'm not doing it the best possible way

Try using OBS, with it you can film at long as you wish too.

It's free video software.

Lots of videos on youtube to show you how to use it.

https://obsproject.com/download
2 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 4/14/2023(UTC), Pytch on 4/14/2023(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#3 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 8:06:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Nefarious_Needs Go to Quoted Post
How do I make a video on rlc? I did find a way to do it but I have to do it in very very short clips or the file is too large to send through Skype or email to another person and I'm sure I'm not doing it the best possible way

Try using OBS, with it you can film at long as you wish too.

It's free video software.

Lots of videos on youtube to show you how to use it.

https://obsproject.com/download

OBS is great option! I have been using it for about a year now. Now the file size would probably depend on the format you are using when you save the capture. Some will have smaller sizes than others.
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Pytch on 4/14/2023(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 4/14/2023(UTC)
Cassey
#4 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 9:27:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
how do i make an video on rlc? i did find a way to do it but i have to do it in very very short clips or the file is to large to send through skype or email to another person and im sure im not doing it the best possible way

OBS can be more than you need to learn if simply want to record what is happening on your computers screen in RLC. If you want to stream AV from your computer to an Internet website OBS is the least expensive way to go, as said already.

Are you using Windows 10? Recording your screen to your computer's hard drive is built into Windows 10. Not a small file size though.

1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 4/14/2023(UTC)
BB_Licious
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2023 7:39:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I use ActivePresenter to record videos in world for my YouTube channel.

If you do a little research, I'm sure you will find even more programs you can use.

Find AP download here: https://atomisystems.com...epresenter/free-edition/
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 4/15/2023(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2023 7:24:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i want to record my screen while im in rlc just for fun not to share on youtube but possibly to send to friends depending on what it is......right now im using the snipping tool record option but even recording for 15 mins the mp4 files are to big to send through skype or email
thanks for all the suggestions ill look into them and see what i can figure out!
Viegoth
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2023 7:39:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
This might surprise you, but video files are large.

Of course a 15 minute video will be large.

Skype and email are not meant for sharing videos/movies. That's what video sharing websites were made for.

Welcome to the Internet.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
1 user thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 4/20/2023(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2023 7:41:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
lol viegoth ive been on the internet for a long time and im fully aware that video files are larger than picture files. but trying to make vids on rlc is new to me and im just trying to learn something new and make some new skills Smile
you don't ask you don't learn yes?
2 users thanked CinnamonSugar2 for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/16/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 4/20/2023(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 5:16:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
lol viegoth ive been on the internet for a long time and im fully aware that video files are larger than picture files. but trying to make vids on rlc is new to me and im just trying to learn something new and make some new skills Smile
you don't ask you don't learn yes?

Good morning Cinnamon!!!

You are 100 percent correct that you learn by asking!

If you are recording a standard HD monitor then your image resolution is probably 1920x1080. Some video editing software packages allow you to adjust the size of your video. If you made the size smaller then the file size would be reduced as well. Another option is to look for a software program that compresses your video file. I know that there are plenty of these available. There are also online pages that allow you to upload a video and they will compress it for you then give you a smaller file that you can download to your computer.

So you can see that there are several options for making a file size smaller for your video files. Now it's up to you to decide what option works best for you.

Best,

Anhton
Anhton_Novo
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 5:27:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Below is a list of some of the most popular compression formats. You may want to think of using one of these when you save your video file.

1 MPEG-4 Part 10
MPEG-4 Part 10, Advanced Video Coding ( MPEG-4 AVC) is one of the best video compression formats as it is capable of offering high-quality files at lower bit rates. This is a versatile format that is compatible with a number of players and devices. Moreover, the format is also suitable for Blu-ray disc playback as it offers high quality at high bitrate files. Flexibility is another reason that makes this format popular and widely in use.

2 DivX
Developed by DivX, LLC this is another format that is known for its compression capabilities. The format can shrink your video files into small size while maintaining high quality. This is an editable video format that is mainly used in a number of commercial settings. The format majorly uses 3 codecs.

3 MP4
MP4 is termed as a universal format as it is compatible with the majority of the players and devices available. This multimedia container format is capable of compressing videos into smaller file size while keeping decent quality. Almost all versions of MPEG-4 and are compatible with the format. Majority of the online streaming sites use MP4 as their format.

4 AVI
Standing for Audio Video Interleaved, AVI is a multimedia container format that offers high quality compressed files. The format is capable of streaming multiple audio and video files. Wide range of codecs is supported by the format thus facilitating an array of file settings as desired. Though the format is not very popular for video streaming or downloading, it can be a good choice for video storage on your PC.

5 WMV
WMV stands for Windows Media Video and this format developed by Microsoft is a part of the Windows Media Framework. If you are looking for file compression to send your large files over email and other sources that have a limitation to the file size WMV is an ideal format. Loss in quality is one of the drawbacks using this compression format.
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Pytch on 4/16/2023(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 4/16/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 4/20/2023(UTC)
Pytch
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 9:08:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
https://handbrake.fr/ lets you re-encode to a smaller more compressed format
Can't get into RLC/UV? Look on the Utherverse Discord server. Here is an invite link: https://discord.gg/2zzfVJYSWA
The Uthers Discord (Crypto etc): https://discord.gg/tnsAsBvZ
2 users thanked Pytch for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/16/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 4/20/2023(UTC)
Fanny
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 4:40:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I use the Xbox program that is already installed with Windows. It was about as easy as it gets. I use it to post to youtube so others can learn about some of the games I play. Windows key + G brings it up. One of the MS gadgets I can trust .

Hope that helps
1 user thanked Fanny for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 4/20/2023(UTC)